Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Hello folks.
    I've recently started to play my alt Rogue. He's crappy geared but I'd like to get some more understanding of my Rogue.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...conte/advanced
    Here's my armory link.

The thing is, when I get a new piece of loot, I go onto Mr. Robot to know how to reforge. But Mr. Robot keeps telling me to go for Haste Rating instead of Mastery.
    I was wondering if any of you Rogues who know way more about the class than me, could check my Rogue out on the armory and tell me whether I should go for Haste or Mastery.

And if it's the case that I should go for Mastery, could you tell me what to edit the weights to on Mr. Robot?
    Because I know you can edit the weights on Mr. Robot to let it know you prefer Mastery over Haste, but I wouldn't know what numbers to change it to.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naifas View Post
    Thanks, but that page says my DPS should be around 106k.
    I'm nowhere near anyone else on trash as assassination and on bossfights I do around 90k.
    No matter what I do, no matter how hard I try, I can't get the DPS higher..
    I'm pretty sure I've got the rotation right, I just don't know what to do to get my DPS higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Malarky View Post
    Hello folks.
    I've recently started to play my alt Rogue. He's crappy geared but I'd like to get some more understanding of my Rogue.
    Here's my armory link.

The thing is, when I get a new piece of loot, I go onto Mr. Robot to know how to reforge. But Mr. Robot keeps telling me to go for Haste Rating instead of Mastery.
    I was wondering if any of you Rogues who know way more about the class than me, could check my Rogue out on the armory and tell me whether I should go for Haste or Mastery.

And if it's the case that I should go for Mastery, could you tell me what to edit the weights to on Mr. Robot?
    Because I know you can edit the weights on Mr. Robot to let it know you prefer Mastery over Haste, but I wouldn't know what numbers to change it to.

Just use ShadowCraft. As Naifas said, you can use it to get weights for AMR. In my opinion, you're better off just staying in ShC for optimization and skipping the AMR step.

Here are your current weights:
    Code:
    Agility 2.701
    Yellow Hit 1.507
    Strength 1.050
    Mastery 1.032
    Attack Power 1.000
    Crit 0.945
    Expertise 0.937
    Haste 0.890
    Hit 0.551

Mastery is definitely better than haste for you. Haste doesn't start to catch up until you get the legendary meta and cloak, since their RPPM is affected by haste.

Here's the reforging export you should use:
    Code:
    Head: ExpertiseRating -> MasteryRating
    Neck: HitRating -> MasteryRating
    Shoulders: HasteRating -> MasteryRating
    Chest: ExpertiseRating -> MasteryRating
    Wrists: HitRating -> MasteryRating
    Hands: HasteRating -> MasteryRating
    Waist: CritRating -> MasteryRating
    Legs: HasteRating -> CritRating
    Ring1: HitRating -> MasteryRating
    Ring2: HasteRating -> CritRating
    Trinket2: ExpertiseRating -> MasteryRating
    MainHand: HitRating -> CritRating
    OffHand: HitRating -> CritRating
    Last edited by Squirl; 2014-04-28 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malarky View Post
    Hello folks.
    Here's my armory link.

I'm not sure if you changed the settings for Ask Mr Robot. I was doing the same until I realized the settings it was set to (Default) was for T16 with legendary meta. That will require more haste than mastery.
    There will be another option if you click on it to make it so it'll reforge into mastery and give you all the appropriate stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... is assassination just not viable on most fights in SoO? Combat just seems to be the way to go, but I feel like I'm going to be breaking keybinds with all the spam of SS going on. Assass just seems to be more fun =/

Quote Originally Posted by Griffinlkvw View Post
    So... is assassination just not viable on most fights in SoO? Combat just seems to be the way to go, but I feel like I'm going to be breaking keybinds with all the spam of SS going on. Assass just seems to be more fun =/
    i have been using assassination most of this tier (atm we are at 11/14HC) i would say all 3 specs are viable but if you want top performance (and don't care for RSI or broken keyboards and the like) combat would be your best bet, but if you are like me who doesn't want that (or just thinks combat is boring which i think it is aswell) assassination is also not too bad IMO.
    there is only 1 fight i use combat on which is Galakras because of the superior cleave dps.

Should i follow mr robot or shadowcraft?

Shadowcraft tell me to go Crit > mastery > haste and mr robot haste > crit > mastery.
    Last edited by Clrg; 2014-05-14 at 02:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's been said many times before, but AMR is a set of stat weights generated for a single set of gear, which is "fine", but Shadowcraft adapts to your gear as you reforge and regem -- shadowcraft will give more accurate stat weights for you. That said, people have been succeeding with every stat priority for assassination, pretty much, particularly the "traditional" mastery > crit > haste (which I don't personally commend, but really, the difference is SMALL). Much, MUCH more important than balancing your secondaries -- get enchants on your gear. Like whoa.

As (to my knowledge) AMR is the only site suggesting Haste --> Crit --> Mastery for Assassin rogues (Under the conditions of having T15+ gear and the Legendary meta gem)
    I thought I'd give it a go, stepping off my mastery spec. (ilvl 545 atm)

For my rogue, this has been the best decision/change I've made lately as with the mastery spec I'd only gain a few extra DPS after gatherin upgraded gear.
    To make the change I only had to swap 1 gem, 1 enchant and run reforgelite with a custom stat priority (hit 7.5%, exp. 7.5% --> Haste --> Crit --> Mastery --> hit.

After the change I did 25 - 30k dps on a dummy more than with the mastery spec, reaching 60 - 70k dps more in LFR on basic tank&spank bosses.

So for me, the suggestion of AMR did work out quite positive.
    If you're still gearing up your rogue, just stick to the mastery spec as it will not make a huge difference yet.

Edit:
    Shadowcraft has calculated my DPS at about 204k dps, which is my max. output reached on tank&spank LFR bosses. So that's quite accurate.
    Last edited by Farrath; 2014-05-12 at 08:46 AM.

Sorry, but if you're doing 204k dps in lfr now meaning you did 130-140k before (60-70k less than now), that had very, very, very little to do with the priority of your stats. You are either making crap up to mislead people on purpose, or making some incredibly dumb assumptions about where this damage difference came from.

The 200k is a max dps burst during vendetta / shadowblades.
    The average on a boss varies between 180k - 190k, where it indeed was about 140k before.

Call it what you like, but this difference is what happened using same gear and rotation but having a stat prio change.
    I'm not quite sure why I would make things like this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrath View Post
    The average on a boss varies between 180k - 190k, where it indeed was about 140k before.

Call it what you like, but this difference is what happened using same gear and rotation but having a stat prio change.
    Unless you're missing hit or expertise, reforging alone will not cause a DPS swing that big for any of our specs, and definitely not for Mut where our stat weights are essentially even.

EDIT: As Sesshou said, you're probably misattributing the source of the damage increase.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2014-05-14 at 07:14 AM.

My hit and expertise have always been 7.5%+
    I use this addon for my reforging which calculates everything the best way possible to match the settings I put in.

The change set me back about 30% mastery rating and I got alot more haste and crit for it in return.
    My weps have become slightly faster, my energy pools quicker, I crit more often.
    Because of this, the chance of proccing blindside, the legendary meta gem, my trinkets and wep enchants is higher.

Could this not result in this dps increase?
    I honestly can't think of anything else what could make my dps go up this much.

To check the increase I did a dummy testrun before I specced according to AMR.
    5 minutes without any buffs and without using my offensive cooldowns.
    I got to 110k dps, and sometimes hitting 130k when I had alot of proccs
    After respeccing I did another dummytest under the same conditions and the output was 135k after 5 minutes, and hitting 155k with proccs.

The question was if AMR's calculation and gear optimilization is a good one to go for.
    Yes, going from my personal experience it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, anecdotal 5-minute dummy tests are really not worth anything in the long run. If you're experiencing that large a swing in your DPS, you're experiencing luck or different play.

Playing with custom stats in shadowcraft, I'm able to move my DPS a whopping 1% by reforging the wrong way. If you're getting 20 times that difference, well, you're playing very VERY differently, whatever you think you're doing. We understand what crit and haste do -- lots of us like those stats, no question -- but that's not going to explain the DPS difference you're talking about.

Thats something like a 30% dps increase. It is absolutely impossible that shifting around secondary stats gives you anywhere near that. Even if one secondary stat is clearly superior, the amount you can shift around is fairly limited (gems plus reforging on items that don't already have that stat) and the value of the other secondary stats isn't trivial. Even for combat where haste is valuable enough to beat agi for gemming purposes (depending on your gear set), reforging with crit>mastery>haste isn't anywhere near that amount.

If you're not making it up, then it is the latter: you're making some incredibly dumb assumptions about where this damage is coming from. Incredibly dumb and baseless assumptions can be misleading to people that don't know better and are coming here for help, so please keep them to yourself.

Deleted
    since theres no pvp guide for rogues on this forum for some reason, whates best stat for pvp assas? mastery or haste?

Mastery...

I would have guessed crit since burst > sustained.

Deleted
    My hit and expertise have always been 7.5%+
    I use this addon for my reforging which calculates everything the best way possible to match the settings I put in.
    The change set me back about 30% mastery rating and I got alot more haste and crit for it in return.
    My weps have become slightly faster, my energy pools quicker, I crit more often.
    Because of this, the chance of proccing blindside, the legendary meta gem, my trinkets and wep enchants is higher.
    Could this not result in this dps increase?
    I honestly can't think of anything else what could make my dps go up this much.
    Any secondary stat's combination it's pretty viable for end game assassination rogue, assuming that you keep a decent haste level. (just put the so called BiS list in shadowcraft and mess with priorities to see: there can be a 5/8 kdps difference between a full crit or a full mastery build)
    In real raid situations sometimes full mastery go ahead, sometimes you can see full crit shine, it depends by the encounter: how much uptime on target i have? must i switch targets? there is any aoe situation? And so on.
    There's no way you can see 30k dps increase on raiding dummy with just a reforge or a regem, because there's not such a big gap between a full crit or a full mastery assassination rogue. Maybe you just forgot to coat your dagger with deadly poison, who knows...
    Last edited by mmocdaf623ef7e; 2014-05-24 at 10:15 AM.