Dubai, Shiraz or Under The Trees of Mulgore

Arcane 5.1 rotation help ( mastrey and haste specs )

I am a 490 item level mage
    I was going full mastrey after haste softcap with the mage armor. Some people told me to try going full haste because it can be a dps increase.

Usually I scorch weave and keep my mana at 90%+

now that i am going full haste what will be the rotation and what armor should i use?? i am abit confused and is it a dps increase?

Same rotation.

Use frost armor, and because you dont have has much mastery you can go as low as 85% mana. You can continue to scorch weave as you did before.

Mastery and Haste Build seems to pull similar numbers, so it certainly with be a QoL inscrease (I'm liking Haste build alot more than Mastery build), but you wont see any significant increases in dps.

Worse, at high gear (500+ ilvl), I think mastery build is ahead cause you already have a bunch of haste as a secondary stat.

Dubai, Shiraz or Under The Trees of Mulgore
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    Same rotation.

Use frost armor, and because you dont have has much mastery you can go as low as 85% mana. You can continue to scorch weave as you did before.

Mastery and Haste Build seems to pull similar numbers, so it certainly with be a QoL inscrease (I'm liking Haste build alot more than Mastery build), but you wont see any significant increases in dps.

Worse, at high gear (500+ ilvl), I think mastery build is ahead cause you already have a bunch of haste as a secondary stat.
    ok mate i got it , but since i am losing like alot of mastrey i feel like my spells wont hit that hard. So is it really the same dps ??

Dreadlord
    Single target, mastery is slighty ahead, but haste is more forgiving. AoE is way better with mastery.

mastery: ur spells hit harder

frost: u cast more spells which each hit less hard

the mastery/haste builds are very close, while also considering mastery and haste benefit from each other. with ur itemlevel going haste could probably be a dps increase, with end gear mastery is slightly ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by kidace View Post
    ok mate i got it , but since i am losing like alot of mastrey i feel like my spells wont hit that hard. So is it really the same dps ??
    Like the others said :

Haste = more spells but hit less hard
    Mastery = less spells but hit hard

I enjoy haste a lot more, I find more dynamic, i don't like having slow casting spells, and if you mess up you get to max stacks faster so thats a bonus. In the end its slighty the same dps, so you should just play the one that suits you best.

If some mage have the same gear has you but do a lot more dps, thats means there a problem in your rotation or maybe they're just better then you, it happens ^^