Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
LastLast
  1. #241
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Senkai
    Posts
    5,331
    We may be insignificant. But we are not alone.

    Together we are something more significant than anyone can imagine.

  2. #242
    Nothing really matters. Even if you could live forever or change the world. The universe remains the same. It's about finding a meaning to your own life. You have to decide what matters.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    You are completely and totally insignificant.
    Just the kind of thing I needed to read to really give me that pick-me-up after all the other shit that's gone wrong today. I'll just go kill myself now if you'll all excuse me.

  4. #244
    I'm going to rip into another dimension, create a machine that creates energy and matter, and become god of this universe for the rest of its existence. Then I'll erase your existence and then we'll see whos insignificant.

  5. #245
    Good to know, OP.

    I'm far too selfish to consider the impact I have on the people around me, much less the people/beings on this plain of existence. My life span is the only one that really matters to me. That being said, it must mean that everyone else in the universe is insignificant until I can use them. Then they return to being insignificant.

  6. #246
    I'm about as significant as I can be to me.

    Check and Mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

  7. #247
    Warchief Letmesleep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Spooning you without your knowledge
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    We may be insignificant. But we are not alone.

    Together we are something more significant than anyone can imagine.
    Eh, it depends on your definition of alone. Try becoming a paraplegic and then see how many people will help you end your life. We're all a lot more alone than we'd like to admit and very few people in the world will sacrifice their own happiness or freedom for someone else. Just because people are around you doesn't mean you aren't actually alone.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Try becoming a paraplegic and then see how many people will help you end your life.
    I think I would help.

  9. #249
    Warchief Letmesleep's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Spooning you without your knowledge
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I think I would help.
    So would I, to be honest. However, that is not a common sentiment. Props to you though.

  10. #250
    Herald of the Titans MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    This should be clear and obvious to anyone anyway.
    So what are you trying to tell us?
    he used to be a special snowflake then he discovered scale of the universe
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  11. #251
    Time is relative to your perspective. It doesn't really exist in the way we think it does. If you look at things as being separate from everything else than sure maybe it will seem Insignificant, But if you look at everything as being connected like it really is then things are very significant.

    What would the Universe be if there were no Galaxies? What if there were no planets or stars? What would the Universe be if there was no life or consciousness to observe it? Would it even exist if there was no consciousness?

    We are more than "Tiny Humans" living on a "small" planet that orbits a "small" star which is apart of a "small" Galaxy floating around space surrounded by other galaxies. We are the Universe.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2013-01-15 at 01:53 PM.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    No we can't.
    I'm talking even about the microscopic structures of cosmos. We can't change it you say? Actually we do this everyday. If you kill a fly you just changed cosmos, maybe in a small way but still. If you show someone love, then you're changing his/her life. That's what I'm talking about.

    Anyway, we have right now nuclear power, which could change some things more.

    Some people(I'm not talking about you!) can't just use perspective. Because even if we could use energy from the whole galaxy, make black holes o even going back to the past we still would be insignificant for some people because we are(could be) in one of the many universe(I'm talking about Multiverse theory).
    Last edited by Eazy; 2013-01-15 at 02:05 PM.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'm talking even about the microscopic structures of cosmos. We can't change it you say? Actually we do this everyday. If you kill a fly you just changed cosmos, maybe in a small way but still. If you show someone love, then you're changing his/her life. That's what I'm talking about.

    Anyway, we have right now nuclear power, which could change some things more.

    Some people(I'm not talking about you!) can't just use perspective. Because even if we could use energy from the whole galaxy, make black holes o even going back to the past we still would be insignificant for some people because we are(could be) in one of the many universe(I'm talking about Multiverse theory).
    Even if there is more than one universe we are still connected to them. They would simply be another arm or branch of the universe we know.

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlily View Post
    EDIT~ I remember trying to convince you not to commit suicide last year through a bunch of PM's that I poured my heart into for you. I still feel you could do with counseling or talking to someone professional. I wish you the best <3
    ...lolwut?

  15. #255
    As far as I'm concerned, we've scoured the universe for more life and still not found it. Like matter is made up of almost entirely empty space, so is the universe. Empty space and dead planets made of some swirling gas and rocks. HERE is life. This tiny blue planet holds the only life in the universe, and that makes it, and what's on it, pretty damned special.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, we've scoured the universe for more life and still not found it. Like matter is made up of almost entirely empty space, so is the universe. Empty space and dead planets made of some swirling gas and rocks. HERE is life. This tiny blue planet holds the only life in the universe, and that makes it, and what's on it, pretty damned special.
    So you're saying we've thoroughly examined EVERY SINGLE planet in EVERY SINGLE solar system of EVERY SINGLE galaxy in our ever-expanding universe? You don't know we're the only life in the universe and to think we are is silly. nobody knows if we are or not.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    You're the one here claiming everyone's "projecting" and in reality hating themselves. Just because people are ok with themselves doesn't mean they're denying the fact that we're not a big deal in the universe.
    How does it feel to live your life in black and white only?

    "If you think you are significant you love yourself, if you think you are insignificant you hate yourself." What is this pile of nonsense?

  18. #258
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,574
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    No, I'm not saying you're actually endangering his life, I'm saying it's really a senseless and useless thing to say.
    Like this off-topic discussion. So, lets drop it okay?

  19. #259
    I am not...lies!

  20. #260
    Pandaren Monk GenaiTN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brighton, East Sussex
    Posts
    1,750
    Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning, OP?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •