Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Your efforts are insignificant! I will tear your world apart!
    who said that? Time or humanity? :P

O.T: We all know that, but we're not insignifcant to the world... we may be, but we can also make a big difference.

Note: Just worldwide..., for anything else we're insignificant

The key is finding someone you are significant to.

Deleted
    I've been thinking about this a lot recently. One day the world will come to an end and everything we achieved in the mean time would of been pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by bjornh View Post
    100% atheist propaganda, too.
    Not really, it's being realistic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I've been thinking about this a lot recently. One day the world will come to an end and everything we achieved in the mean time would of been pointless.
    You're right. At some point the whole universe will come to a standstill and become "dead". But this point in time is so distant, that we might as well assume that the universe goes on forever.

Too small or unimportant to be worth consideration.
    This is plainly wrong, as numerous people do consider me.

And what is wrong with being insignificant?
    Also a single man can change the world, but in all honesty what is with so many peoples obsession to have a purpose? life doesnt need one, enjoy it.

Being insignificant if anything is comforting, means that no matter what you do, no matter what others do, it wont matter, so live your life as you see fit instead of worrying.

Well what I type here may be collected and then someone reads it on a starship 1000 years in the future :P

Also you should not hang around c'thun so much, he is a bad influence

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very significant to me.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 02:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bjornh View Post
    100% atheist propaganda, too.
    This has absolutely nothing to do with atheism.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, we'll see who's insignificant when I rally the galaxy cluster and raise an alien armada mighty enough to conquer the Universe entire.

What does significance or lack thereof on a cosmic scale matter at all to the average human? On a more practical scale, let's say at the level of society, one person can have a meaningful impact, and assuming that mankind might have a future in the stars someday, that impact might be more important than we might know.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Your life is only worth what you make of it.

Our existence is insignificant, and worthless. What we do with that insignificance is up to us!

Pretty cool links but... a rock or gas cloud, no matter how big has no signifance to us, except the sun. It's all relative...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

It took someone significant to define insignificant.

Technically and scientifically insignificant, yes.

Humans however are not particularly technical or scientific beings by nature however, and we've a knack for allotting value unto things we see fit; which generally is our lives and the lives of our loved ones.

Personally I don't think it's wrong nor do I care where anyone gets their values from; so long as it helps them and does not harm others along the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never understood the line of thinking that just because we're cosmically small or not in the center of the universe that it somehow makes us less important. We are what we are, and significance is defined by us. We're as significant as we think we are.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    Your existence is insignificant. You are a here for a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of time. You are highly insignificant in the world, and the world is insignificant in the galaxy, and the galaxy is insignificant in the universe. The Earth is tiny and is only here for a fraction of time, a blink of an eye in the larger scheme of things. You will be completely forgotten and so will any memory of you. Nothing you ever say, do, or think will ever matter in any way, shape, or form, and neither will it last in any way.

You are completely and totally insignificant.
    On a macro-level at the vantage of the universe, yes. On the micro-level at the vantage of personal interactions with other sapient creatures, your importance may have no upper bound. Every interaction you have with another thinking being escalates exponentially as they carry the result of your interactions into their own and into the future causal chains, in a cycle that may have no end.

It all hinges on how you view life, and your role within it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

This i already knew. But thanks for those links. They are very fun.

Deleted
    You are a child of the universe,
    no less than the trees and the stars;
    you have a right to be here.
    And whether or not it is clear to you,
    no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Deleted
    Everything is significant in the universe, in the end, all what is in us humans and our world is the same thing that created the univserse.

It's called Universe for a reason, existing as a whole.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the grand scheme of things, at this point in time, no we aren't. Everyone knows that or at least they should. But we aren't even close to getting out of our galaxy yet. So in our little world in our little galaxy, we are significant. Until we have access to the rest of the universe and everything in it, we are significant. The people on this planet will remember each other. Nothing else matters because we haven't gotten that far yet. And for all anyone knows, we're the most advanced, intelligent life in the universe. If we all just gave up because we figured "what's the point", we wouldn't get anywhere. Maybe one day we will be significant in the grand scheme of things.

Look how far we've come in the short amount of time humans have been around. We're already exploring and looking for habitable planets and look how long Earth still has to go. Don't sweat it, enjoy life while you can, it's worth enjoying if you let it be.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy