Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I think I would help.
    So would I, to be honest. However, that is not a common sentiment. Props to you though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    This should be clear and obvious to anyone anyway.
    So what are you trying to tell us?
    he used to be a special snowflake then he discovered scale of the universe

Time is relative to your perspective. It doesn't really exist in the way we think it does. If you look at things as being separate from everything else than sure maybe it will seem Insignificant, But if you look at everything as being connected like it really is then things are very significant.

What would the Universe be if there were no Galaxies? What if there were no planets or stars? What would the Universe be if there was no life or consciousness to observe it? Would it even exist if there was no consciousness?

We are more than "Tiny Humans" living on a "small" planet that orbits a "small" star which is apart of a "small" Galaxy floating around space surrounded by other galaxies. We are the Universe.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2013-01-15 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    No we can't.
    I'm talking even about the microscopic structures of cosmos. We can't change it you say? Actually we do this everyday. If you kill a fly you just changed cosmos, maybe in a small way but still. If you show someone love, then you're changing his/her life. That's what I'm talking about.

Anyway, we have right now nuclear power, which could change some things more.

Some people(I'm not talking about you!) can't just use perspective. Because even if we could use energy from the whole galaxy, make black holes o even going back to the past we still would be insignificant for some people because we are(could be) in one of the many universe(I'm talking about Multiverse theory).
    Last edited by Eazy; 2013-01-15 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I'm talking even about the microscopic structures of cosmos. We can't change it you say? Actually we do this everyday. If you kill a fly you just changed cosmos, maybe in a small way but still. If you show someone love, then you're changing his/her life. That's what I'm talking about.

Anyway, we have right now nuclear power, which could change some things more.

Some people(I'm not talking about you!) can't just use perspective. Because even if we could use energy from the whole galaxy, make black holes o even going back to the past we still would be insignificant for some people because we are(could be) in one of the many universe(I'm talking about Multiverse theory).
    Even if there is more than one universe we are still connected to them. They would simply be another arm or branch of the universe we know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlily View Post
    EDIT~ I remember trying to convince you not to commit suicide last year through a bunch of PM's that I poured my heart into for you. I still feel you could do with counseling or talking to someone professional. I wish you the best <3
    ...lolwut?

As far as I'm concerned, we've scoured the universe for more life and still not found it. Like matter is made up of almost entirely empty space, so is the universe. Empty space and dead planets made of some swirling gas and rocks. HERE is life. This tiny blue planet holds the only life in the universe, and that makes it, and what's on it, pretty damned special.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, we've scoured the universe for more life and still not found it. Like matter is made up of almost entirely empty space, so is the universe. Empty space and dead planets made of some swirling gas and rocks. HERE is life. This tiny blue planet holds the only life in the universe, and that makes it, and what's on it, pretty damned special.
    So you're saying we've thoroughly examined EVERY SINGLE planet in EVERY SINGLE solar system of EVERY SINGLE galaxy in our ever-expanding universe? You don't know we're the only life in the universe and to think we are is silly. nobody knows if we are or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasami View Post
    You're the one here claiming everyone's "projecting" and in reality hating themselves. Just because people are ok with themselves doesn't mean they're denying the fact that we're not a big deal in the universe.
    How does it feel to live your life in black and white only?

"If you think you are significant you love yourself, if you think you are insignificant you hate yourself." What is this pile of nonsense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    No, I'm not saying you're actually endangering his life, I'm saying it's really a senseless and useless thing to say.
    Like this off-topic discussion. So, lets drop it okay?

I am not...lies!

Deleted
    Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning, OP?

Oh noes I thought I was going to make an imprint on the universe with a new look on Quantum mechanics that would change the lives of every single human being, we would discover space travel, learn the secret to eternal life, cure hunger and stop war but after reading that I can't be arsed.

I can feel it washing away...

tick/tock . tick/tock . tick/tock

gone..

crap >.<

I am for one relieved being insignificant as it makes anything we do significant from our point of view in this insignificant existence.
    "A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my ANGER"

I'm insignificant, okay. But I'm going to have a fucking hell of a time as I slowly die :P
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    How does it feel to live your life in black and white only?

"If you think you are significant you love yourself, if you think you are insignificant you hate yourself." What is this pile of nonsense?
    How does it feel like putting words into other people's mouths? I never said that, you're still pulling your conclusions from nowhere.

OP could be right (most likely). Or being the insignificant humam being that he is he cannot possibly even begin to understand our role in the universe.

Until we have any other proof - the entire universe was created just for us, and is necessary just to have one single, solitary, insignificant tiny planet sustain life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post
    You are completely and totally insignificant
    Sad that some people can't live their lives in reality but instead have to make an illusion about their importance in this universe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkele View Post
    Sad that some people can't live their lives in reality but instead have to make an illusion about their importance in this universe.
    Still people aren't making any kinds of megalomaniac claims, they're just saying they're content with the state of things. It's that simple.

You could justify anything by saying it's insignificant.

The recent school shootings are insignificant and do not matter in the grand scheme of things. Why care about them?

Moral corruption at best.