Thread: Where is Go'el?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Why do people even want to see Thrall back? Hasn't he done enough damage to the game in Cata? You might aswell say that you badly want to see Med'an in the game

  2. #22
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,781
    Thrall will return to Orgrimmar as High Shaman, not as Warchief. He's not in a position to lead the faction against the Alliance now that he went neutral. And coming off a near-fel corruption, they'll want someone they can relate to. Varok Saurfang.


    Also, I hope Go'el dies.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  3. #23
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Why do people even want to see Thrall back? Hasn't he done enough damage to the game in Cata? You might aswell say that you badly want to see Med'an in the game
    Well i want to see Thrall back in the game just because it would be kind of silly if in all these horde problem he does not appear but i don't want him in the spotlight... not even near it, and Med'an... NO! I DON'T WANT HIM INGAME! I WANT TO THINK THAT THE COMIC IS A NONCANON FOR THE GAME! (a separate story)

  4. #24
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    This looks like a Photoshop.
    If that is true, it is the single biggest case for new models ever.
    Human Female Gladiator (DPS Prot) Warrior. Wyrmrest Accord - US.

    "You should only install Warlords on your master hard drive. They will never be slaves." - @CM_Lore

    Better version of my avatar.

  5. #25
    Immortal Bombkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA - Boston, MA
    Posts
    6,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Kor'kron Soulbreaker says: Halt! This city is under Martial Law. Declare yourselves.
    Thrall says: Have I been away so long that you have forgotten who I am?
    Kor'kron Soulbreaker says: Thrall, we no longer answer to you. We have a new Warchief now. And he has reminded us that we are STRONG!
    Thrall says: These are our Allies! You watch over them like they're a threat. Why? You WILL answer to me!
    Dayum. That's pretty intense. I like where this is going, even if it stings a little bit.

  6. #26
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,381
    Thrall is back and dealing his hand against the corrupt kor'kohn. The values of his horde are that of brotherhood, and Garrosh's leadership has cast that adrift in favor of total subjugation of everyone else.

    The fact that Thrall is taking a hand against the same once loyal guards who defended him speaks volumes for there the horde has shifted to, and what he needs to do to right those wrongs.

    Also, just because he leads the earthen ring does not mean he will just cast off responsibly of his leadership. Malfurion is the leader of the cenarion circle, and yet he still stands as a night elf leader as part of the alliance.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  7. #27
    Warchief MickM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,146
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Also, I hope Go'el dies.
    As long as Chris Metzen works at Blizzard, Thrall will never die. Why? Because Metzen is a bad author and Thrall is a Mary-Sue.
    It's a shame. Some characters just HAVE to die for the story to be compelling. Like Arthas, or Varian's wife...

  8. #28
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    As long as Chris Metzen works at Blizzard, Thrall will never die. Why? Because Metzen is a bad author and Thrall is a Mary-Sue.
    It's a shame. Some characters just HAVE to die for the story to be compelling. Like Arthas, or Varian's wife...
    Actually, is true, but i don't think Thrall need to die, but please... don't do the same as they did in cataclysm, don't give any character all the spotlight, also it would have been so cool if in the encounter that Garrosh and Anduin had, Anduin had died (i like him, but i think that the story would had taken an interesting way)

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Malfurion is the leader of the cenarion circle, and yet he still stands as a night elf leader as part of the alliance.
    Not the best example you could put out there.... Name one thing he's done in support of the Alliance from game, novel, or short story since his return in Stormrage and then seen in Cataclsym.

    Players have even laughed that he stands by and remains neutral in Darnassus while you pull Tyrande from standing next to him and kill her in front of his face.

    Not that I disagree with your premise, that Thrall or Malfurion can be involved with a neutral organization and still have responsibilities amongst their respective faction. Just that we've not really seen that in action so far.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  10. #30
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Not the best example you could put out there.... Name one thing he's done in support of the Alliance from game, novel, or short story since his return in Stormrage and then seen in Cataclsym.

    Players have even laughed that he stands by and remains neutral in Darnassus while you pull Tyrande from standing next to him and kill her in front of his face.

    Not that I disagree with your premise, that Thrall or Malfurion can be involved with a neutral organization and still have responsibilities amongst their respective faction. Just that we've not really seen that in action so far.
    True, that's why i think that Thrall should do the same as Malfurion and aid his faction but not become the head of it

  11. #31
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    So is Varian. Thrall will be back on his throne in Orgrimmar after its Liberation.
    God no. They have even stated he won't be Warchief again I think.

    It's extremely likely at this point it's either going to be Voljin, Lorthemar, Baine, or maybe Nazgrim.

    If anything Thrall will simply be the leader of the Orcs, while one of those 4 I mentioned will be the actual Warchief, or form a council of sorts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  12. #32
    While I'd prefer if Thrall were kept out of horde politics (if only because it was by his word that Garrosh became warchief, so he should try and lay low in the political theatre), I wouldn't mind if he returned to some office within the Horde. He's basically been the orcs' spiritual leader since some years before the third war. That's a pretty hefty title, and to not see him again would be very strange. Blizzard has propped him up to be a leading character in Warcraft for a long while, and while other characters need a spotlight too, him fading into obscurity would be like making Sylvanas act like a sweet little girl... it would be a complete 180 of the lore they've been developing for years.

    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    As long as Chris Metzen works at Blizzard, Thrall will never die. Why? Because Metzen is a bad author and Thrall is a Mary-Sue.
    It's a shame. Some characters just HAVE to die for the story to be compelling. Like Arthas, or Varian's wife...
    You shouldn't throw around phrases you don't fully understand. Thrall is hardly a mary sue, even when looking at him presented in lore that occurs during Cataclysm.
    Last edited by The Mister Madgod; 2013-01-14 at 04:20 PM.

  13. #33
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,953
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    You shouldn't throw around phrases you don't fully understand. Thrall is hardly a mary sue, even when looking at him presented in lore that occurs during Cataclysm.
    I initially thought, and this is just my personal opinion, he was a massive Mary Sue throughout Cataclysm.

    The only time he actually and really was though, was for the events of 4.3 with Dragon Soul and everything, but we all know a lot of things Lore Wise went wrong with that patch.

    Regardless, after I thought about it more, Thrall in Cataclysm was simply coming into his own in this world. He's fought with the burden of keeping his people save, along with the world now, while simple wanting to start a family and be happy.

    And although not a lot of people have a fond opinion of Aggra, he found someone he legitimately loves and has a child now.

    He's simply an Orc who's come into his own in this world, and throughout the Warcraft series you could label him one of the, if not THE, main character(s).

    Now, with Thrall back and in a much less..let's call it Heroic role, I think he's back to being the badass and respectable character he was before the conclusion of Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  14. #34
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,381
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    As long as Chris Metzen works at Blizzard, Thrall will never die. Why? Because Metzen is a bad author and Thrall is a Mary-Sue.
    It's a shame. Some characters just HAVE to die for the story to be compelling. Like Arthas, or Varian's wife...
    you didn't get what he meant.

    When it comes down to it, people have formed a duel concept of the character. People loved Thrall, and people still do, they loved Thrall as a character.
    And yet what people identify in cataclysm is him as Go'el, not Thrall, so its created a split in a fanbase between those who want Thrall back as himself and those who hated him playing out this go'el role. What they want is to see this go'el thing come to an end and be be Thrall again.

    Also throwing around the word mary sue on a whim doesn't mean you get what it means, so honestly, stop using it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 04:30 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Not the best example you could put out there.... Name one thing he's done in support of the Alliance from game, novel, or short story since his return in Stormrage and then seen in Cataclsym.

    Players have even laughed that he stands by and remains neutral in Darnassus while you pull Tyrande from standing next to him and kill her in front of his face.

    Not that I disagree with your premise, that Thrall or Malfurion can be involved with a neutral organization and still have responsibilities amongst their respective faction. Just that we've not really seen that in action so far.
    Fair enough, though Furions profile still classes him as being affiliated with the alliance.

    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Thrall will return to Orgrimmar as High Shaman, not as Warchief. He's not in a position to lead the faction against the Alliance now that he went neutral. And coming off a near-fel corruption, they'll want someone they can relate to. Varok Saurfang.


    Also, I hope Go'el dies.
    Why you hope that? Also, I really expect that Saurfang becomes Warchief too (more if the next xpac have burning legion theme), even if he's not getting any attention since Wotlk. I believe blizzard will explain his abstence and saurfang is going to kick garrosh's little ass in the last patch.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Fair enough, though Furions profile at wowwiki where anyone can edit and it's not an official website still classes him as being affiliated with the alliance.
    Sounds legit.
    Last edited by Marchen; 2013-01-15 at 01:06 AM. Reason: added quote

  16. #36
    Titan apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    11,129
    But...superman isn't in the warcraft universe.......
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  17. #37
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,381
    You lot all still whining about Thrall returning, but take this into consideration.

    The alliance in its current state has all its main leader, who are pretty powerful themselves, including:

    One of the most powerful prophets on azeroth,
    A warrior who's the vessel for a demi god,
    A priestess whos the nearest connection to elune,
    Three dwarves who are able to pull together the entire weight of the dwarven empires in one.
    A super intelligent engineer
    An old man who turns into a worgen (ok he doesn't do much but still)

    And on top of those leaders, the alliance has one of the most powerful arch druids on azeroth married to one of the alliances leader, and now one of the most powerful mages on azeroth whos on a kill bender with any horde around.

    What does the horde have?
    A dumbass warchief who keeps failing in are combat he's in,
    A shadow hunter currently recovering from an assassination attempt by said warchief,
    Another warrior whos still wet behind the ears,
    A greedy bastard trade prince who would sell his people for cash,
    And a ranger whos name people didn't even remember until he did something in pandaria.
    The only leader in the alliance sporting any power is the banshee queen, and even she is more or par with someone like Tyrande.

    Does the horde have any other leaders under its name now that come even remotely to the alliances power? No, they have no additional nations under its belt that could count as that.

    The fact that Thrall is the only powerhouse the horde has to its name now speaks for itself, when you have the alliance with psycho mage ruler, arch druid whos more then 1000 years, prophet who predicts the future, and demi god possessed king, I think the horde is owed something in this. Cry about Thrall all you want, but the horde will be in shit without him. Which, lets face it, IT IS.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    Aggra and Thrall son (or daughter??)
    Until Thrall goes on Maury for his paternity test I remain unconvinced as to who the baby daddy is.

    Also @ the OP: if you turn off your itunes and listen very intently, you can hear a soft "GO'EL! COME HERE AND CHANGE THIS DIAPER" in the distance.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Why do people even want to see Thrall back? Hasn't he done enough damage to the game in Cata? You might aswell say that you badly want to see Med'an in the game
    Because Bandwagon jumpers like you are WRONG and equating Thrall to Med'an is about as hyperbolic as a communist baby eating his grandmother.
    Warcraft has always been a story about superheros with a fantasy veneer. You've got to be a pretentious bag of hot air to complain about Thrall's story line in Cataclysm.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You lot all still whining about Thrall returning, but take this into consideration.

    The alliance in its current state has all its main leader, who are pretty powerful themselves, including:

    One of the most powerful prophets on azeroth,
    A warrior who's the vessel for a demi god,
    A priestess whos the nearest connection to elune,
    Three dwarves who are able to pull together the entire weight of the dwarven empires in one.
    A super intelligent engineer
    An old man who turns into a worgen (ok he doesn't do much but still)

    And on top of those leaders, the alliance has one of the most powerful arch druids on azeroth married to one of the alliances leader, and now one of the most powerful mages on azeroth whos on a kill bender with any horde around.

    What does the horde have?
    A dumbass warchief who keeps failing in are combat he's in,
    A shadow hunter currently recovering from an assassination attempt by said warchief,
    Another warrior whos still wet behind the ears,
    A greedy bastard trade prince who would sell his people for cash,
    And a ranger whos name people didn't even remember until he did something in pandaria.
    The only leader in the alliance sporting any power is the banshee queen, and even she is more or par with someone like Tyrande.

    Does the horde have any other leaders under its name now that come even remotely to the alliances power? No, they have no additional nations under its belt that could count as that.

    The fact that Thrall is the only powerhouse the horde has to its name now speaks for itself, when you have the alliance with psycho mage ruler, arch druid whos more then 1000 years, prophet who predicts the future, and demi god possessed king, I think the horde is owed something in this. Cry about Thrall all you want, but the horde will be in shit without him. Which, lets face it, IT IS.
    Trassk you severely down play garrosh's strength. Probably the finest warrior the horde has at the moment. Also he might be bat shit crazy be he has good tactical skill as well. Just look at how he sack Theramore. The guy pummels Northwatch just to lore a lot of the alliance high commanders to Theramore to drop a nuke on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •