Thread: Where is Go'el?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Because Bandwagon jumpers like you are WRONG and equating Thrall to Med'an is about as hyperbolic as a communist baby eating his grandmother.
    Warcraft has always been a story about superheros with a fantasy veneer. You've got to be a pretentious bag of hot air to complain about Thrall's story line in Cataclysm.
    Thank you GOD nothing could be more true then this, by extension to those saying it. Warcraft is so very much comic book themed in its story, and thats what draws me to it, about heroes and villians with almighty powers fighting against one another, in an elaborate world full of brightly coloured clothing, flying fortresses and steam punk engineering, its a comic book world. To that extent, what Thrall does is not beyond the grain of this games story, it is very much part of it.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 02:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    Trassk you severely down play garrosh's strength. and he might be bat shit crazy be he has good tactical skill as well. Just look at how he sack Theramore. The guy pummels Northwatch just to lore a lot of the alliance high commanders to Theramore to drop a nuke on them.
    I'll downplay him since I think he's a sack of vomit, but regardless of the evils he committed, he is still nowhere on par with characters like Jaina, Varian, Velen or Malfurion.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  2. #42
    i'll bite once again.

    Velen is just a prophet, with not clear pictures (leaves argus to dreanor to escape BL, where his people are almost completely killed by corrupted orcs.) who is only good at running.

    Malfurion is just as much neutral as Thrall these days. Players can attack and kill his wife, while he does nothing. Besides Humaal is just as powerful as Malfurion. Its just Malfurion is Cenarius' golden boy.

    Honestly between Varian and Garrosh their strengths as warriors are arguable even. (no clear victor in the small skirmish in dalaran. both have experience in pit fighting)


    edit: for grammar
    (i'm bad at it but I try)
    Last edited by PlatedPriest; 2013-01-15 at 03:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

  3. #43
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,642
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    As long as Chris Metzen works at Blizzard, Thrall will never die. Why? Because Metzen is a bad author and Thrall is a Mary-Sue.
    It's a shame. Some characters just HAVE to die for the story to be compelling. Like Arthas, or Varian's wife...
    Thrall can stay. But he better not be named Go'el if he's back in power.
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

    Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

  4. #44
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,969
    Velen is just a prophet, with not clear pictures (leaves argus to dreanor to escape BL, where his people are almost completely killed by corrupted orcs.) who is only good at running.
    Velen cleansed the sunwell of its corruption and restored it to the blood elves. along with being one of the most powerful prophets on azeroth is is also one of the most powerful priests. This has been made clear in so many passages of the story.

    Malfurion is just as much neutral as Thrall these days. Players can attack and kill his wife, while he does nothing. Besides Humaal is just as powerful as Malfurion. Its just Malfurion is Cenarius' golden boy.
    Game mechanics =|= Lore, Malfurion is an alliance leader and stands as such.

    Honestly between Varian and Garrosh their strengths as warriors are arguable even. (no clear victor in the small skirmish in dalaran. both have experience in pit fighting)
    Varian wasn't made into the wolf god avatar when they faught in dalaran. He ran across ashenvale forest with his army of worgen and didn't break a sweat. He's clearly a 'chosen one', the alliances version of captain american.

    Argue all you want but the point is so clear, the alliance has more power under its belt now then the horde has, and with the alliance have additional leaders who are powerhouses themselves, the horde needs someone in it to balance it.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    We can disagree on that.
    Why so? The Nagrand episode is part of Thralls voyage to find his higher meaning and purpose, and the powers that he had deep inside. It was a spiritual journey, for which he had to let go (Spiritually) of his worldly boundaries that were holding him back and occupied from reaching the depths of his soul. He had to let his mind free, instead of still thinking as the warchief in command. He had to mentally start to develop trust into his decision to give Garrosh the lead, temporarily.
    That has little to do with holding the task and rank by lawful meaning. For that to happen, we'd would have had to have an ingame event that made Garrosh the officially permanent Warchief.
    What is this silliness? Thrall made Garrosh Warchief. Permanently. Thrall's actions in Echo Isles were out of personal outrage, not an "official" act of a Warchief. He expected respect from the Kor'kron, not because he was the Warchief but because he was Thrall.

    Also, major lore events don't HAVE to happen in game. Often they don't. Example: Cairne's death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  6. #46
    Mechagnome nachoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado!
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    As long as Chris Metzen works at Blizzard, Thrall will never die. Why? Because Metzen is a bad author and Thrall is a Mary-Sue.
    It's a shame. Some characters just HAVE to die for the story to be compelling. Like Arthas, or Varian's wife...
    thats just like, your opinion man.
    "BC was a hot chick that took alot of work but was rewarding in the end, Cata is the drunk chick that supplied similar results with less effort." -couldnt have said it better.

    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Give up trying to understand her, women tend to handle problems with emotion rather than logic.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    As long as Chris Metzen works at Blizzard, Thrall will never die. Why? Because Metzen is a bad author and Thrall is a Mary-Sue.
    It's a shame. Some characters just HAVE to die for the story to be compelling. Like Arthas, or Varian's wife...
    Thrall is not a Mary Sue. People who say this don't know what a Mary Sue is.

    "Mary Sue" is not a term of derision for any character you think is overpowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  8. #48
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Thrall is not a Mary Sue. People who say this don't know what a Mary Sue is.

    "Mary Sue" is not a term of derision for any character you think is overpowered.
    Been saying that all this time. People who keep using the term and clueless on where the definition is meant to apply to, but they throw it around anyway to any character if he's a main lore figure or does something powerful.
    All it shows is some hacks who understand little about fantasy and fiction.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    God no. They have even stated he won't be Warchief again I think.
    They NEVER said that. At one point they made comments implying the next Warchief WOULD be Thrall, then they retracted them.

    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    It's extremely likely at this point it's either going to be Voljin, Lorthemar, Baine, or maybe Nazgrim.
    Pure player speculation.

    ... Nazgrim... seriously...

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    One of the most powerful prophets on azeroth,
    A warrior who's the vessel for a demi god,
    A priestess whos the nearest connection to elune,
    Three dwarves who are able to pull together the entire weight of the dwarven empires in one.
    A super intelligent engineer
    An old man who turns into a worgen (ok he doesn't do much but still)
    Yeah, those three stooges fighting over the Dwarven kingdoms are terrifying. And the super genius gnomish engineer who in 8 years STILL hasn't managed to take his home city back from some freaking troggs. Even the Trolls managed to get Echo Isles back!
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2013-01-15 at 04:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •