Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphron View Post
    A friend of mine who is attempting to kill tsulong at the moment has informed me that you can no longer have both ancestral guidance and ascendance up simultaneously during the day phase. It appears this strategy has been fixed.
    Shaman in my raid is reporting you can do both at the same time in day phase, not sure what's up with others.

A friend of mine who is attempting to kill tsulong at the moment has informed me that you can no longer have both ancestral guidance and ascendance up simultaneously during the day phase. It appears this strategy has been fixed.
    i dont believe you.
    do what you feel.

Attempted this tonight in our 25 man. Did like 1.3 Billion over heal something was fixed with the transfer of the heals to the boss. So I assume its fixed.

Restorative mists: 22.7 mil
    Healing Surge: 12.76 mil
    Ancestral Guidance: 10.64mil

Those were my effective heals and 1.3 BILLION was all over heal
    Last edited by niceguywi; 2013-01-16 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacepunch View Post
    i dont believe you.
    Not sure what my incentive is to lie about such a thing...but believe what you want O.o.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post

EDIT: I am told by our Shaman (Onty) that he did indeed get inspiration from Vixsin who made a huge blog post on Tsulong, Ascendance and Ancestal Guidance, so thanks to him ^_^ His blog can be found here: http://lifeingroup5.com/

World of Logs for the kill: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-vd...?s=2914&e=3085

---

Before you flame us for "cheating": We killed this boss in less than one raid night the reset before without this tactic.

I wanted to wait until other guilds on the realm had killed it before making the video public... That happened rather soon after this kill though, so whether or not it was done using this strat or "legit" remains unknown for now (no logs uploaded). I know for a fact the video, while unlisted, was seen by people from at least one rival guild, but that really doesn't matter now.

So how is it done? Our new resto shaman turns out to be a smart fellow. He found out that pets, while not counting as targets for Ascendance healing, still take healing from it. I think that requires a bit better explanation:

Ascendance duplicates healing and splits it between targets within 20 yards of the shaman. If no one is in range of the shaman and he casts a heal, he will simply heal himself for the same amount. If one other player is in range, that healing is divided by 2, but heals both targets. Let's say our Shaman heals Tsulong for 6 million. Ascendance heals another 6 million, which is split evenly between the Shaman and Tsulong, so 3 million each. Now, since pets don't count as targets, but still take the healing, the pets will ALSO take 3 million healing each. Coupled with Ancestal Guidance and Guardian Spirit, you get idiotic healing on Tsulong.

Ancestral Guidance takes 40% of the Shaman's healing done on targets and heals 3 injured targets within 40 yards. As a hunter, I can summon up to 31 pets at the same time (12 per snake trap (readiness = 2 snake traps), 2 dire beasts also with Readiness, my main pet (+1) and Stampede (+4)). Additionally, I specced every pet Tenacity for 40% increased healing, and obviously used Spirit Bond for another 10% (stacking multiplicatively, yielding a total of 54% increased healing). In the kill above, I didn't use Dire Beasts, but I had double Snake Trap and Stampede up.

Anyway, using the example before, and for simplicity's sake, 30 pets without any increased healing taken on them:

Shaman heals Tsulong for 6 million. Tsulong, the Shaman and 30 pets take 3 million healing each. That's 96 million healing. 40% of that (38.4 million) will jump to 3 other targets; Tsulong and 2 raid members. But wait, Tsulong has Guardian Spirit from a holy priest (which also resulted in a higher initial healing, without it the 6 million heal would be less than 4 million), so the actual healing from one 6 million heal with 30 pets up is 38.4m * 1.6 = 61.44m.

The funny part is, our shaman actually messed up a bit and didn't get to heal for as much as he could have. I've personally seen a log from a russian guild whose Resto Shaman also did quite a lot of healing, but that's cause he healed several times in the region of ~15-16 million. That would basically have been ~180m in one heal, had they used this strategy with 30 pets
    Tsulong;Didn't Read

Lol jk but there is a lot of logs of shaman doing 1mil + heals. They are going to fix it soon.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Not sure what my incentive is to lie about such a thing...but believe what you want O.o.
    without logs with proof i cant believe it till i see it is all.
    do what you feel.

Any confirmation on whether this has been hotfixed or not? Want to attempt this tonight with my guild.

was attempting it... but never got to day phase lol.

Deleted
    fixed

we are unable to replicate this bug anymore, even if we do it some day ago

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I almost feel sorry for those who got their kill within last few days using this method.

Well, I actually don't, but I thought it would be a nice thing to say instead of "haha" Now if they only could fix those fecking adds spawning inside Sunbeams, but I suppose it's there to spice things up somewhat.

Still, that's a second boss this tier that could be broken by "creative use of game mechanics", and third if we include Gara'jal door "strategy". For a 16 bosses tier, it's not that bad. Granted, there were probably more tricks that simply didn't went public and got fixed earlier, but it's still a decent ratio of "working to broken".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    I almost feel sorry for those who got their kill within last few days using this method.

Well, I actually don't, but I thought it would be a nice thing to say instead of "haha" Now if they only could fix those fecking adds spawning inside Sunbeams, but I suppose it's there to spice things up somewhat.

Still, that's a second boss this tier that could be broken by "creative use of game mechanics", and third if we include Gara'jal door "strategy". For a 16 bosses tier, it's not that bad. Granted, there were probably more tricks that simply didn't went public and got fixed earlier, but it's still a decent ratio of "working to broken".
    No, it's there to piss off people IMO...

Smart shaman. Better keep him in your guild.

Honestly, the logs that are up from these "bugs" should be reset or removed so other people have a chance at rank 1. A bit unfair if you ask me.
    Last edited by Hotfixed Gaming; 2013-01-16 at 04:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakilo View Post
    Honestly, the logs that are up from these "bugs" should be reset or removed so other people have a chance at rank 1. A bit unfair if you ask me.
    Does it matter that much? WOL should be used to pinpoint errors and be able to tell bad from good performance, not use it as an internet winner meter.

We already have enough of those HPS/DPS horny "I don't care about doing my job correctly, i gotta top meters"

People used a similar strategy with beacon of light.

Quote Originally Posted by hx9 View Post
    People used a similar strategy with beacon of light.
    Care to explain or give more details than that? Not sure how Beacon can be abused on this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Care to explain or give more details than that? Not sure how Beacon can be abused on this one.
    Dreamwalker in ICC

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    He's probably talking about doing the only thing paladins can do to be competitive on this fight, which is beaconing the boss, blanket EF'ing the raid, and then popping everything before the breath so the heals transferred through beacon to tsulong add up to... the same amount of healing every other class can do to him. lol
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Skype - >

Friend: Kay you said this bug would work we've been doing it for like an hour
    Apathy: I didn't exactly encourage you to use it you know I just linked you a video
    Friend: I hate you It's likely fixed
    Apathy: <3

I did spread the video haha to close friends of mine not just this one and not a single one of them can replicate it.

unintended is unintended... oh well