Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think my subscription fee should cover it. I'd rather they do fun, meaningful content development, like class-only and even racial quests (like they do in starter zones) to obtain unique, high poly and signature gear of a race or class. Like a Sentinel's Armour or Blademaster garb.
    Last edited by Justignoreme; 2013-01-14 at 05:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I'm talking about 100% statless armor, sorta like the armors you get after you get Gold in all the challenge mode dungeons, just cosmetic armor with a unique look that, just like the mounts and pets offered in the cash shop, can't be obtained in any way on the game.
    If you won't get ANY gear with stats (like you write), then I have absolutely so problem with it.
    The look of gear is no different from a new pet/mount.
    Personlly, I'd never use any money, as looks are insignificant to me..

If, however, you suddenly can buy stat-gear with RL money (RMAH, BlizzStore or otherwise) then I unsub immedately...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    I would like an special limited edition of plate shoulders resembling 4 feet high Thrall dancing the polka on a platform for 100$.

Yeah I would love this feature.

Would I do it? No, because I'm just a poor boy.

Would millions of people do it just so they can look nice and spiffy in their armor? They sure as hell would.

Would they be regarded as fools? Fools would be a little much, but I agree with the comment a previous poster made about "earning the gear," though. Half the fun is going through the old raid/or having the items already in your possession; pretty much confirming, "Yeah. I was there. I got through Black Temple and instead of a t-shirt, I got this nice gear."

I wouldn't mind it if the sets were only related to the mounts/pets blizz is putting out, like a celestial armor set, or an armor set based on the guardian or kirin AND it was the full set for a decent price and it wasn't found in scam/R.I.G. boxes like TOR and several other games have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MickM View Post
    No! Part of the fun of transmogging, is actually getting the set. That shows you went to the trouble of getting it!
    Agreed. Getting the stuff gives lots of incentives to revisit old stuff.

No, that's terrible. I want to invest time into the transmog set, not money. It wouldn't feel like it was worth it. Effort.

No, because we already pay a sub fee. I'm fine with it in GW2 because that's how they make their money and it can be bought with in game gold. WoW makes MORE than enough from sub fees that if they wanted to implement this it should be free.

No, emphatically. I've paid 1000s of dollars to play this game. I shouldn't need to give them more.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would hate it with all my soul

I think if they drop the subscription cost, that'd be the best way to make up their lost revenue. However, I do not expect them to drop the subscription cost any time soon, and I sure as hell won't stay subscribed to a game that offers unique (and awesome-looking, it has to be awesome-looking) armours for money and gives us shitty tier after shitty tier of raid gear. So there's that.

Deleted
    Cash shops need to die in a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Cash shops need to die in a fire.
    That's a little extreme, sir. I love cash shops in most games because they let me enjoy some fun game play without costing me anything but the time to download, install, and play.

To be honest when they first introduced Transmog I was expecting sets to be up on the store for sale by the first month or so. I am kinda surprised they have not already.

Personally I would not bother buying anything cosmetic from the store be it mount, pet or gear from any game. I don't get any satisfaction from buy pixels. Earning something by playing the game is more fun. For me it's not how the pixels look, but what they represent.

Hell no. Mounts and pets are bad enough as it is. A pay-to-play game should not have developer time spent on items you have to pay extra for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't buy one, but I don't oppose to such a thing. They already sell mounts, which are cosmetic as well. Transmog sets wouldn't be much different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I wouldn't buy one, but I don't oppose to such a thing. They already sell mounts, which are cosmetic as well. Transmog sets wouldn't be much different.
    Pets are no longer considered cosmetic since the introduction of pet battles, they give unfair advantages to people with zero effort.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Pets are no longer considered cosmetic since the introduction of pet battles, they give unfair advantages to people with zero effort.
    I didn't mention pets though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    (Personally, I would hate it. Sure, they're optional, but for a lot of players, your own aesthetic is just as important (and sometimes MORE important) than stats. Most armor sets in the game look terrible, and if they suddenly develop a really REALLY good looking armor set, only to slap a real-money price tag on it, that would be almost insulting. This practice could be acceptable for F2P MMOs, because they have to make a profit from somewhere, but for a sub-based game, there is no excuse.)
    WoW should use every excuse it can get to offer you character customisation options. It's an area it's pretty far behind on compared to more recent titles.

Frankly, It'd almost be better if they did it through the TCG than do it through the store. Keeps the armor prestigious, while making it available to people who've got some money to spend on it (like all the other loot items.)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Hell no. Mounts and pets are bad enough as it is. A pay-to-play game should not have developer time spent on items you have to pay extra for.
    I totally agree with you. If WoW were F2P, then I'd be okay with Paid Mounts, Pets, and Transmog sets... But its not only a game you have to BUY the box / digital copy for.. but then pay 15$ a month to keep playing the game. Its silly for them to be charging for anything on top of that, let alone something new