10+ Year Old Account

1 phase 2 on grand empress hc as ele

We are considering pushing it to only 1 phase 2 so we can drop a healer. The idea is obviously to do as much damage in the first 2.5 minutes of the fight (and repeat that a 2nd time later). Thinking what would be possible for ele to maximize my damage in that timeframe. We lust at the start.

Was considering an elemental mastery build with prime elementalist. And swap out my trinkets with the blue on use one and the one from dominance offensive (which I still need to buy). My other trinkets are 2/2 upgrade dmc, 2/2 upgrade light of the cosmos and the normal non upgraded essence of terror.

For now what I have in my head:

- EM + prime elementalist talents
    - dmc + flash frozen globule

Open with ascendance, stormlash, flash frozen on use, dmc procs really fast.
    Prob get tricks, and skull banner should be up. Once lust falls off, pop EM (hopefully dmc proc 2 is active at this point).
    And at that point I revert to spamming bolt/lava burst/earth shock as I ran out of stuff. Which makes me doubt if EM is worth it (gettting an extra lava burst off during a supercharged ascendance by echo of the elements is quite a lot of damage).

Wondering if anyone has ran a sim for this, since I don't know myself how to shorten the length of a fight in simcraft. Any other ideas/experiences are welcome as well obviously.

You're probably better off using your normal set up. Burst set ups like you described are good for fights with legitimate burn phases, like Wind Lord's Recklessness. Over the course of a fight like Shekzeer, though, you'd probably find more benefit playing normally than catering your DPS to the first 15 seconds of the encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    You're probably better off using your normal set up. Burst set ups like you described are good for fights with legitimate burn phases, like Wind Lord's Recklessness. Over the course of a fight like Shekzeer, though, you'd probably find more benefit playing normally than catering your DPS to the first 15 seconds of the encounter.
    He would be better off himself, yes. But if using his higher burst allows them to have only one phase 2 and drop a healer, it doesn't matter what's best for him.

Zenga, it's ridiculously easy to change fight lengths (if you'd bothered to look, you would have found it instantly ). Hit the options tab and it's right there, fourth option from the top.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-01-15 at 01:13 AM.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Umm, lust in P2 for poison drenched armour buff?! Profit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Incidentally, we just killed this tonight. We didn't lust until 30%, and we'd kept one of the Reavers (totally intentionally... >.> <.<) alive going into the final phase, so we had the poison buff and hero for execute range. All of our healers went into the last phase with full mana, and we didn't lose a single person, even with the add alive.

Edit: Should mention that I was resto for this. We 4-healed it with a disc, hpally, and MW. We're gonna try 3-healing with me going back ele to see if we can push 1 add phase next week.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2013-01-15 at 06:24 AM.

Deleted
    Didn't they just nerfed it(like 2 weeks ago) especially so that the 10man grps won't need to use 4 healers and instead just go with a much normal setup of 3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nebul View Post
    Didn't they just nerfed it(like 2 weeks ago) especially so that the 10man grps won't need to use 4 healers and instead just go with a much normal setup of 3?
    So that they wouldn't have to, yes. But it's actually still a lot easier with 4, and we have the perfect raid comp for it with our spriest and I both being fully geared for healing and both being quite good at it. We were still a minute off the enrage with 4, and it helps to keep things running smoothly in the last phase. 3 healers is gonna be crazy. The last phase was still scary as shit, even if we didn't lose anyone. A lot of health yoyoing and people screaming for cleanses, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Zenga, it's ridiculously easy to change fight lengths (if you'd bothered to look, you would have found it instantly ). Hit the options tab and it's right there, fourth option from the top.
    Well I know of course about the standard drop down list to change the fight length, but never realised it had 2,5m pre-listed. Was under the impression I needed to do a manual overwrite. But all good. By the looks of it we need like 740k raid dps in P1. 140k can come from healers/tanks (we dont have a monk) and then that leaves 5 dps to do 120k each during 2.5min. which is very unlikely to happen with rogue/mage/ele/spriest/boomkin; so we kinda made up our mind that going for a 4 heal setup is a safer bet to get consistent progress on the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, yikes. That's definitely a really nasty DPS check. I'll be very curious to see how we do next week trying it. I doubt I can pull 120k for that long myself. I'll have to sim it myself and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Hmm, yikes. That's definitely a really nasty DPS check. I'll be very curious to see how we do next week trying it. I doubt I can pull 120k for that long myself. I'll have to sim it myself and see.
    I'm fairly sure that number is reachable as ele, provided you are not supposed to hold back dps to see which puddle becomes the corrupted one.
    (though one of my guildmates saw a tactic where they would not hold back and just outheal the dmg). Either way, on one of our first pulls I maintained 127k during phase 1, without really trying (just my normal trinkets/rotation), was even casting some heals during that period. I don't think the ele shamans are gonna be the problem with this tactic to reach this number, but other classes are in our setup (and in my guild unfortunately the strongest dps players are playing the weakest performing specs this tier). Either way the main problem for progression with the 3 healer setup is getting consistent tries to get into phase 2. It's what fucked us up on spine hc pre nerf, we would not consistently beat the timer to get enough tries into the next phase to practise that (we often did without a rogue or mage in our setup, just not all the time). On grand empress there is an alternative, so for now we agreed to go with the 4 healer strat.

Deleted
    those damn fire mages