Shin'ka (lfr with legendary gem) vs Elegion (normal) .... TG vs SMF

Hey all, this is a 2 pronged question that I need help with and I need some opinions/info.

I got the Elegion(normal) finally last night and I can't decide whether or not it would make sense to switch to SMF if I have the Shin'ka raid finder version with the +500 strength in it. Is losing the stats and +500 str to much to make up for with the increased ilvl of the normal version of Elegion?

The offhand weapons are of the same ilvl....483.

Thanks in advance for you help.

If the SMF weapons are equal or greater ilvl you should see gains with SMF because of the scaling. The gem in a lfr weapon isn't that important. It's been pegged as a 2-3% dps gain (IIRC). Give a try, if you're feeling meh about it just switch back for now. But SMF should work for you because of the normal Elegion and the equal 483 offhands.

Thanks for the reply. I started using the SMF set up and it definitely does feel more destructive (in a good way) I was worried about losing the legendary gem, but now not so much.

Thanks again....if there is any more insight out there I'd love to hear it.

Very welcome. If you have any questions just feel free to ask. Good luck!

Just so I don't have to make a new thread, should I go with 2 Goresoaked Headrippers (471) or 2 Dubious Handaxes (also 471)

I know it should be obvious that I go SMF but I tried it on Ambershaper 10m last night and I seemed to do a decent amount better with TG. Not sure if its just RNG or I just didn't test it enough

Also, I lose about 2% crit chance switching to SMF
    Last edited by Scrotemus; 2013-01-16 at 04:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrotemus View Post
    Just so I don't have to make a new thread, should I go with 2 Goresoaked Headrippers (471) or 2 Dubious Handaxes (also 471)

I know it should be obvious that I go SMF but I tried it on Ambershaper 10m last night and I seemed to do a decent amount better with TG. Not sure if its just RNG or I just didn't test it enough

Also, I lose about 2% crit chance switching to SMF
    Amber shaper has a good bit of AoE, between the adds and breaking people out so TG is better for that fight, but overall SMF is going to be better. Personally, I'm still TG because I have a 510 SS and 504 shinka, and not a single 1 hander except ookz hozen slicer (LOL random number gods hate me).