Poll: Which do you prefer? Or do you care?

Thread: Exp or Xp?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exp or Xp?

Just something that grinds my gears sometimes when I play RPGs or other games that have you gain experience and level up. Some games will have the right way of abbreviating experience to "Exp." but then some games seem like they want to be cool by putting "Xp" instead. Why do they do this? It irritates me when they use "Xp" because it's not the right way of abbreviating it. The right way is "Exp." Or am I wrong?

So what are your thoughts? How do you prefer the abbreviation of experience? Most of you probably won't care lol.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Really, what is the actual point of this thread. Who remotely cares.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    Quoting my brodizzle cause he speaks the truthizzle

Jumping on the [Don't Care] bandwagon because neither option affects me in any way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh im sorry for wasting your time sir but may I ask if there was no point in this thread why did you take the time to comment? I did this out of fun. If making threads out of fun is against any rule on this site im sorry.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

This is like the whole gray vs grey argument, use whatever one you prefer and move onto more pressing matters in your life.

I personally use xp when using a quantitative value for what is earned between levels, exp when talking about just about anything else... "lfm x y/z exp required"

I don't care what other people use at all, or what game companies use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer XP.

I know it's "experience" but a lot of places already shorten it to XP anyway and it's what I've gotten used to. I did start with EXP from the gold box games, though. Those were the days.

exp = expansion in my world. Xp being experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drick View Post
    This is like the whole gray vs grey argument, use whatever one you prefer and move onto more pressing matters in your life.
    Really? It's not a matter of what to use I'm only asking what abbreviation you prefer games use for experience. "Move on to more pressing matters in your life" ??? What? Geez if this is such a waste of time for everybody just close it then. I thought I'd make this out of fun but since it's not something important I guess it shouldn't have been made. I'm sorry you guys for trying to have fun I promise I won't do it again.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2013-01-14 at 04:21 PM.

dose it matter?...they are both valid, say them out loud then add 'erience' to the end...same fucking word

Deleted
    Historically XP is the old pen and paper way. eXperience Points rather than EXperience Points, the E is kinda redundent.

Usually if I say exp, I'm referring to (exp)ansion or (exp)losive shot for example. Generally I use xp for experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Historically XP is the old pen and paper way.
    This. XP is an older abreviation from the pen and paper RPGs. "Exp" is for nubz.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter, I'll usually know what they're talking about anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Just something that grinds my gears sometimes when I play RPGs or other games that have you gain experience and level up. Some games will have the right way of abbreviating experience to "Exp." but then some games seem like they want to be cool by putting "Xp" instead. Why do they do this? It irritates me when they use "Xp" because it's not the right way of abbreviating it. The right way is "Exp." Or am I wrong?

So what are your thoughts? How do you prefer the abbreviation of experience? Most of you probably won't care lol.
    Biased poll is biased why is there no "Experience is the right way?"

HP, MP, AP, XP. Simple and effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either one, however I personally use exp because xp looks like a face sticking its tongue out.

When I see Exp, I actually say/understand the full word "experience". When I see XP, I say/understand the word "ex-pea" which in turn represents the word "experience"

If you say "exp" it is homophonic to spelling out "xp."

Also WoW uses "xp" on your experience bar.