When to switch to Fury? (Fresh 90)

Just hit 90 this weekend and am barely 460ilvl to enter LFR.

I'm wondering if there is an ilvl requirement or a stat requirement where fury will be better than arms... or if its just better off the bat?

I have two 463 2handers and am trying to gear up as fast as possible to start doing normal MSV/HOF wednesday.
    Top 100.

I don't know if there's an ilvl requirement from which fury sims better than arms but if you want to have a decent gameplay as fury you should have ~20% crit. Below 20% you'll just sleep between each CS.

Senen has the gist of it. Aim for 20% crit. By 470-475 you should be pretty close to reaching this benchmark (still with hit/exp 7.5%).

If you have 470-475 ilvl and less than 20% crit you are gearing wrong. You can do decently as fury as soon as you have 2 good weapons and at least 20% crit. This is achievable without a single piece of epic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mataru View Post
    If you have 470-475 ilvl and less than 20% crit you are gearing wrong. You can do decently as fury as soon as you have 2 good weapons and at least 20% crit. This is achievable without a single piece of epic gear.
    Unbuffed 20% crit in SMF at that ilvl is relatively high especially if you use tier items, all of which don't have crit on them naturally. For TG this is more accurate. Personally I'm sitting at 20,84% unbuffed at ilvl 490 with pretty well optimized gear as SMF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delath View Post
    Unbuffed 20% crit in SMF at that ilvl is relatively high especially if you use tier items, all of which don't have crit on them naturally. For TG this is more accurate. Personally I'm sitting at 20,84% unbuffed at ilvl 490 with pretty well optimized gear as SMF.
    Not all tier lacks crit, the chest for example has an insane amount w/ 2 yellow sockets and a +120 crit bonus, and the gloves have crit as well. If you actually try and get the best blues/epics too getting more crit isn't as bad. But ya, for SMF crit is going to naturally be much lower, due to no crit on weapons outside of gems.

My point is more that you can attain a decent amount of crit at low ilvls, but that doesn't mean you will get more crit with higher ilvl, since the higher you go, the less options you have. A lot of the blue gear has a very big percentage of its item budget spent on crit, and the difference between 470ilvl 500ilvl is usually 1-2% of crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Not all tier lacks crit, the chest for example has an insane amount w/ 2 yellow sockets and a +120 crit bonus, and the gloves have crit as well. If you actually try and get the best blues/epics too getting more crit isn't as bad. But ya, for SMF crit is going to naturally be much lower, due to no crit on weapons outside of gems.
    Yes, right. That's what I meant, regardless of my quite badly worded quick reply :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Just hit 90 this weekend and am barely 460ilvl to enter LFR.

I'm wondering if there is an ilvl requirement or a stat requirement where fury will be better than arms... or if its just better off the bat?

I have two 463 2handers and am trying to gear up as fast as possible to start doing normal MSV/HOF wednesday.

Go fury off the bat and NGATA your way through those raids.