Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Best lane to carry in?

My problem is i keep getting paired with people who someone has to explain to them every game what to do this or how to do that. For someone who isn't terrible at this game what would be the best lane to essentially "carry" the team?

Deleted
    Mid and Jungle

Deleted
    Best lane to carry from is mid or jungle if you are 100% confident in your skills. Those 2 lanes have the biggest impact on the entirety of the game in early/mid phase via roaming and ganking. Pick a ganky jungler/roaming midder and snowball other lanes while winning your own.

I would rather say Mid or Top at this current meta. Since Bruisers are very strong from early to lategame it is really easy to "carry" these players who hardly can play.

Play Kha'Zix, Riven, Talon or Xin (many more) Top or Even mid. I would prefer Mid more because they instakill the squishy midlaners really hard.

But yeah. I would play top or mid to get most victories. If you play jungler you will only get flamed at for not ganking which is not fun at all..

Adc can also be good but they have gotten some hard nerfs and made them so weak lategame.

Support is just no. You will always get braindead adc who can't play and you just want to leave the game. Makes you wanna cry.

Top or Jungle.

Jungle affects all lanes, so fed jungle = all lanes either playing safe or feeding some more.

Top means that other lanes will have a bad time with tanky bruisers that still deal a lot of damage. (a wild 10/1 Darius appears)

jungle or mid

or top if you do teleport ganks
    N

Top, mid and jungle.

Top levels the fastest, in the most safe position on the map. (Although mid might level slightly faster due to minions reaching it faster. But top is still safer.)
    You can take Olaf, for example, who is probably level 9 when others are level 6-8 (if things go right). At that point, you've probably gotten a few ranks, if not maxed E, which hurts like a TRUCK at that point.

Mid is the easiest place to roam from, since it's in the middle. Take a champion that can clear fast (like Morgana, Malzahar, etc.), run to a lane and mess it up for the other team, or kill them if you can.

Jungle is the easiest place to gank from, not to mention you don't have to face an enemy champion there. You also have multiple options; you can either gank lanes, farm up to get strong or deprive the other jungler, or team, of jungle mobs and resources like red/blue buff.
    (Also, usually some junglers have the freedom to build different items, depending on what the team needs you to build.)

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jungle if you're relatively confident in your skills.

Feed your lanes so they don't suck.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Deleted
    None.

The jungle is the absolute best place to carry at.

You have a direct influence on every single lane in the game and the enemy jungler. You're in a position to give your teams drakes, ward up important spots and give your team kills putting the enemy players behind.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grading View Post
    Top, mid and jungle.

Top levels the fastest, in the most safe position on the map. (Although mid might level slightly faster due to minions reaching it faster. But top is still safer.)
    You can take Olaf, for example, who is probably level 9 when others are level 6-8 (if things go right). At that point, you've probably gotten a few ranks, if not maxed E, which hurts like a TRUCK at that point.

Mid is the easiest place to roam from, since it's in the middle. Take a champion that can clear fast (like Morgana, Malzahar, etc.), run to a lane and mess it up for the other team, or kill them if you can.

Jungle is the easiest place to gank from, not to mention you don't have to face an enemy champion there. You also have multiple options; you can either gank lanes, farm up to get strong or deprive the other jungler, or team, of jungle mobs and resources like red/blue buff.
    (Also, usually some junglers have the freedom to build different items, depending on what the team needs you to build.)
    Top is the worst place to carry. Second easiest to gank (Next to Mid), Bot being the hardest to gank.

Also it's quite difficult to gank other lanes as Top without getting noticed, all you can do really is win your own lane and then iniate a dragon fight later on, but either their Top'll come down or you'll lose turret for 'maybe getting the dragon'. Besides that, there's not much else to do. Unless you're Riven. Fuck that snowbally bitch.
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2013-01-14 at 08:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackroo View Post
    Top is the worst place to carry. Second easiest to gank (Next to Mid), Bot being the hardest to gank.
    Gotta disagree with top being harder to gank than mid. There might be more routes to mid, but top is just so humongous. In mid I'm closer to the safety of my tower while hitting enemy tower than the top laner is when farming in the middle of his lane. Top has to run a really long distance to get back to relative safety.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Gotta disagree with top being harder to gank than mid. There might be more routes to mid, but top is just so humongous. In mid I'm closer to the safety of my tower while hitting enemy tower than the top laner is when farming in the middle of his lane. Top has to run a really long distance to get back to relative safety.
    Who cares when you're not gonna be able to get to your turret because I was able to sneak in and come from behind you in mid?

Deleted
    Who cares when you're not gonna be able to get to your turret because I was able to sneak in and come from behind you in mid?
    Well, I guess maining Ahri might have biased my perception of how hard/easy is it to gank middle.

Deleted
    Well, I guess maining Ahri might have biased my perception of how hard/easy is it to gank middle.
    Wich champion you play is irrelevant; we're discussing which lanes are easiest to gank. So yeah, it might've. :P

You could go Riven top aswell and it'd be hard as hell to gank even without wards. Or you could go Darius and it'd be very easy. You could go, as you said, Ahri mid and it'd be nigh on impossible because of her Charm and Ultimate, or you could go Karthus, TF, or Lux and it'd be fairly easy to gank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top has the whole side bush to juke in, and one ward keeps you safe. Mid can have an enemy come from both sides and multiple paths. Also, if your trying to shove your lane to roam it makes it that much easier since you will be pushing most of the time. Many more opportunities to gank.

Mid is no1 imho. Easy to get farm in and roam both sides.

Jungle with the changes in s3 is hard to play well. Everyone can start flask, pots, wards and see you from miles away when you try to gank. You need to know timers on wards, how to line gank etc. Was more influential role in s2 when oracles didn't expire and everyone needed boots.

Top is hard to carry with. Even if you beat your line you are in a middle of nowhere. You can farm enemy jungle, but if mid or bot beat their line it has bigger impact. Riven top is a bit of an exception. Singed as well.

So with that in mind I would go with Mid > ADc > Jungle > Top ... if ADc gets out of hand the game is over. Not only does he get fed, but enemy ADc without farm is useless.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    I think you have forgotten that jungler need good teammates (or at least decent) to do successful gank.
    So I'd say :
    *mid
    *non-tanky top

mid or jungle, no doubt

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 05:34 PM ----------

possibly ADC, but certainly not top

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I think you have forgotten that jungler need good teammates (or at least decent) to do successful gank.
    So I'd say :
    *mid
    *non-tanky top
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Yes I'm not really sure about jungle, you have a lot of influence, but if the teammates suck at cooperating during a gank (some people always come late), then you will render yourself useless instead (not by your fault).
    Then focus on other objectives. Counter-jungling, warding. Those are great ways of carrying aswell. Securing dragons, just plainly pushing down a turret.

Also don't forget you'll just by giving presence to your laner, give him an advantage (however small, an advantage is an advantage). Forcing the opponents to go defensive, miss out on some farm, or just overall get panicky. And even if you fail to kill him, you've given him some damage which'll force him back or to chug some potions, giving your laner even more advantage.

Carrying games isn't just about getting kills.

Deleted
    Carrying games isn't just about getting kills.
    To be absolutely honest, in really low elo it is.

Deleted
    To be absolutely honest, in really low elo it is.
    Sure, but at that point you'll 1v1 whoever's in the lane, or you're able to completely render enemy jungler useless.

Unless ofcourse you're supposed to be @ that Elo and you're not able to carry.