Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    For me, personally, mid was the easiest to go from the 1100s I was duoing with a friend in to get Pfeff to 1500. Just wanted gold on that name and mid was the easiest way to do it. If you aren't good at roaming, though, then jungle is the way to go. Here's how I got to gold 100% solo fairly easily after playing hundreds of games in Silver with a friend duo. When I get:

Top: My goal is to just piss off the other top laner and zone them out. Get a few levels above them and dominate everyone else
    Mid: Make sure Mid is won and one other lane. Top or bottom, doesn't matter, just camp another lane once yours is won
    Jungle: MAKE ALL THE LANES WIN
    ADC: Farm, farm, farm, split push when appropriate and team fight when needed
    Support: Ward the shit out of where we are about to fight and counterward the same area. If you are fighting between top and mid, there is no point warding all of bottom until after the fight. Always carry wards with you and don't use them all right away. Make sure every single brush you are actually FIGHTING in is warded, not just all the bushes for fun. Supports win games

Very basic, I know, but it helped me to climb like 400 points solo without my shitty duo partner
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by Pfeff View Post
    For me, personally, mid was the easiest to go from the 1100s I was duoing with a friend in to get Pfeff to 1500. Just wanted gold on that name and mid was the easiest way to do it. If you aren't good at roaming, though, then jungle is the way to go. Here's how I got to gold 100% solo fairly easily after playing hundreds of games in Silver with a friend duo. When I get:

Top: My goal is to just piss off the other top laner and zone them out. Get a few levels above them and dominate everyone else
    Mid: Make sure Mid is won and one other lane. Top or bottom, doesn't matter, just camp another lane once yours is won
    Jungle: MAKE ALL THE LANES WIN
    ADC: Farm, farm, farm, split push when appropriate and team fight when needed
    Support: Ward the shit out of where we are about to fight and counterward the same area. If you are fighting between top and mid, there is no point warding all of bottom until after the fight. Always carry wards with you and don't use them all right away. Make sure every single brush you are actually FIGHTING in is warded, not just all the bushes for fun. Supports win games

Very basic, I know, but it helped me to climb like 400 points solo without my shitty duo partner
    Speaks the truth about the support and how much carrying potential they actually do have. Many fail to realize how much wards make a difference.

Jungle or ADC, hands down- especially you can duo que and take bot.

I mean there is a reason you give all the farm to ADC and build your team to protect them from 25 minutes on. If you can nail last hitting mechanics down, poke effectively, and outfarm your lane opponent by even 20 creep by 20 minutes- you can win that game without another lane feeding (even in that case you can still win).

Thats my biggest pet peeve about league, Darius goes 4/0/2 in lane and its "gg". No.. lets play out to 35-40 minutes when the true damage doesnt scale that well with health and watch Cait destroy their entire team. But I guess thats just me

I think the best ones are middle, then top/ad. Middle can have the most impact on other lanes, top can carry alone if extremely fed and ad carry can always carry late game if positioned correctly

Herald of the Titans Darkfriend's Avatar
    You can actually carry pretty hard as a good taric/zyra support. Nunu is a bit weaker in s3 due to the predominance of AD brusiers over ADCs but still decent mid game (He can't peel and protect as well as taric though).