Building a Strong Foundation for a Guild

I'm in my third guild right now and noticing similar patterns to my previous two guilds that disbanded.

A few of the patterns that I see are: 1) lack of leadership, 2) no direction or gameplan to unite guild members for events (such as guild dungeon runs or arena), 3) Lack of apprecation to lowbies leveling up and 4) nobody bothers to help each other out with their professions.

I know the guildmasters and I was part of the first four that started the guild from scratch. I was amazed as to how fast the guild achieved level 25 but I still feel that the basic foundations of a guild are not there.

I don't want to leave the guild mostly because I see the huge potential within some of the guildies that I randomly chat with (lowbies). I helped them with bags (I'm a tailor) as a courtesy to keep them in our guild and show that we care about lowbies. I even took the time to level up some lowbies (questing and dungeons) but I feel like I am the only one that takes that initiative.

I've brought up "Help a Lowbie Day" to our GM and applauded the idea but yet was scrapped and swept under the rug.

Any suggestions or ideas. Or should I just leave and find another guild?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Start Fun Runs - A max character runs a few lowbies though an older raid.

This gives the max level character some "help" during the raid, the lowbies can see how epic raids are and everyone gets gear (for leveling or transmog)

Guild achievements - Help lowbies with legendary quest chains.

Zone Run - take 1-2 lowbie characters and speed run them though a zone. Multi-person mounts helps speed up the process.

Take command, if the gm doesnt want to build a fun enivorment then do it yourself.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    How many of those 'lowbies' are the 6th alt of a player in his 5th year? Are they even interested in 'fun' events?

Thank you. I'll see how this turns out. 8)

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    How many of those 'lowbies' are the 6th alt of a player in his 5th year? Are they even interested in 'fun' events?

good point. My intentions are pure. Help others with the hopes of that branching off with the rest of the members.

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Start Fun Runs - A max character runs a few lowbies though an older raid.

This gives the max level character some "help" during the raid, the lowbies can see how epic raids are and everyone gets gear (for leveling or transmog)

Guild achievements - Help lowbies with legendary quest chains.

Zone Run - take 1-2 lowbie characters and speed run them though a zone. Multi-person mounts helps speed up the process.

Take command, if the gm doesnt want to build a fun enivorment then do it yourself.
    Nice suggestions, all of those.

When I first started paying back in Vanilla, my Level 70 mage friend took my starting zone gnome warrior to kill Hogger, and treated it like a momentous occasion. Then he showed me how to use the tram, took me for a tour through Stormwind. They were small gestures, but definitely played into my reverence and enthusiasm for discovering more for the game. Just think, if they're not alts, then the people behind the characters are still discovering about the game and a small act of kindness like that could reap untold benefits.