Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    I cant believe i created this thread :\
    I know the feeling; you get really hyped up for a game without heading the cautions from your friends telling you that it's probably not what it seems, only for you to find out the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I know the feeling; you get really hyped up for a game without heading the cautions from your friends telling you that it's probably not what it seems, only for you to find out the hard way.
    It looked good and i tried it at a Con and it was fun, how wrong i was.

Glad i couldnt afford it at release, best thing to have happened to me.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    You would think they would want to bury this game in a landfill like that ET game. Certainly not drag it out in to the public eye again.
    Aye, then to rediscover it again decades later and sell them as historical relics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe Isolation will make up for it. Have been following it for some time now. Looks amazing.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I believe Isolation will make up for it. Have been following it for some time now. Looks amazing.
    Isn't that what they said about Colonial Marines before it came out? *eerie foreboding*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Aye, then to rediscover it again decades later and sell them as historical relics.
    Quite sadly this will be true: 30, 40 years from now it will be dug up and proclaimed a classic, and obody will care that it was indeed a crummy game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Isn't that what they said about Colonial Marines before it came out? *eerie foreboding*
    There is a big difference in that everyone is playing it and there has been nothing but info info info, colonial was just how not to release a game.

I am necroing this thread because this shit is fucking hilarious!

https://archive.is/KhYnY

Eurogamer: Specifically regarding Aliens, if we forget for a moment whether we like it or we don't like it, a lot of people feel the game that launched was substantially different to the game that had been shown previously at trade shows.

Randy Pitchford: Yeah, games change under development, that's true.

Eurogamer: I absolutely accept that, and the footage was marked as work in progress and that's fair. What I'm curious about is why did this game change in the way it did?

Randy Pitchford: Which way do you want to talk about? Pick a way it changed. Do you have a specific example of something that changed?

Eurogamer: Yes! If we look at the E3 2011 gameplay demo for Aliens, there were certain graphical effects we didn't see in the launch version.

Randy Pitchford: We need a laptop. We can't do this.

Eurogamer: Oh come on. You must know what I'm talking about.

Randy Pitchford: I can't remember every effect. I can't possibly remember.

Eurogamer: Okay, but the general point is that it didn't look as good when it launched as it did in those videos.

Randy Pitchford: I think that's subjective...
    How can anyone defend this behavior? The man is literally playing dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a prick, flat out. Lying thieving scum.

It is pretty scummy.

Alien isolation shows you can get an alien game right, hell AVP2 got an alien game right. ACM just didn't do it all right.

Some sections (like the boiler aliens that blow up and are blind + the big alien that chases you when you have no weapons) were superb. The bits with the mercenary's was just bad and the alien glitches/graphical issues and bad AI was awful. Oh and the plot was pretty meh.

Deleted
    Yeah, I'm very disappointed by Randy's behaviour over all this. I have a high regard for him due to the Borderlands games (1 and 2, not so much for the pre-sequel). It really goes to show you shouldn't outsource to another developer and then not have to defend the turnip of a game they deliver.
    Last edited by mmoc8d1df16656; 2015-07-30 at 10:47 AM. Reason: typo, though Broderlands is not bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I already mentioned it in this thread, but check out Aliens: Infestation for the DS if you want an awesome, old-school style, Metroid-ish Aliens experience.