Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Today this unlocked on steam i cant wait to play it.

You and your friends are the deadliest killers in the galaxy. Another glorious day in the Corps.

Buckle up, soldier! Welcome to Aliens™: Colonial Marines. Created by Gearbox, the critically acclaimed and fan-favourite developers of Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, you and your friends will become the most badass military outfit in the galaxy – the US Colonial Marines. It’s up to you to not just survive, but wipe out the Xeno infestation.

Enlist in the Marine Corps.
    Bringing you a true sequel to the classic Aliens film, get tooled up with classic Marine weapons including pulse rifles, motion trackers and flamethrowers.

The most authentic Aliens experience ever.
    Using authentic environments inspired by the film series including Hadley’s Hope, the Sulaco and LV-426, you will be immersed in an eerie, atmospheric world where any moment could bring your death.

Drop-in/Drop-out co-operative gameplay.
    The masters of co-op bring their expertise to the Aliens universe. Xenos getting too tough? Call up your buddies so they can drop in with extra firepower. The whole campaign can be played with a squad of up to four players, dropping in and out as necessary through self-contained missions within an over-arching narrative.

Loadouts and upgrades.
    Create your perfect killing machine. An extensive upgrade system allows players to customise their characters to play the way they want. Earn experience to get perks, new weapons and new looks for your squad.

Multiplayer trailier

3 version available for PC/Xbox 360 and PS3

Collectors Edition gets you:
    High Quality Resin Powerloader Figurine in Limited Edition Xeno Hive Box
    Limited Edition of Aliens: Colonial Marines

Four Playable Movie Characters
    Players will be able to fight for their squad’s survival and confront hordes of enemies as the original ALIENS film icons Private Hudson, Corporal Hicks, Private Drake and Sergeant Apone.
    Additional Marines Character Customization Options

Ripley’s Flamethrower

Exclusive Multiplayer Weapons

Sonic Electronic Ball Breakers
    Phase Plasma Rifle
    Exclusive Game Level

USCM Academy Firing Range
    USCM Dossier

Mission Brief
    USS Sephora Schematic
    Recruitment Card
    LV-426 Recon Photo
    USCM Iron-on Badges
    USCM Graduation Certificate

Limited edition gets you:

Four movie characters
    Ripley's Flamethrower
    Additional marine customisation

Steam Version gets you :
    Pre-Purchase and receive S.H.A.R.P. Stick! As referenced by Hudson in Aliens™, the prototype sonic-harpoon artillery remote projectile (S.H.A.R.P.) rifle fires time-delayed, explosive-tipped darts that embed themselves into enemies or terrain.

All the weapons are mentioned by Pvt Hudson in a monologue.

Please keep all comments constructive and no flaming.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    I've been waiting for this for so long. I loved AvP game so much so I'm going to assume I'm going to love this one too.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is half as good as Borderlands series it will be a very very good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    If this is half as good as Borderlands series it will be a very very good game.
    .....LMAO. I don't even know how to respond to that.

I too have been watching and waiting for this game for years. Doesn't look like it's going to disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

One of the 2013 games I've been looking forward for quite a while. Hope it doesn't dissapoint

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    .....LMAO. I don't even know how to respond to that.

I too have been watching and waiting for this game for years. Doesn't look like it's going to disappoint.
    I didn't ask anything nor did i try to pass my opinion as fact , so theres no need to.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-01-14 at 09:14 PM.

Really excited for this game, I LOVE the Alien franchise, amazing movies, the universe is fantastic. Prometheus was also amazing. I really didn't like the AVP game though with the 3 separate storylines. Felt pretty shitty and the gameplay was rather clunky. This looks like a huge step up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Really excited for this game, I LOVE the Alien franchise, amazing movies, the universe is fantastic. Prometheus was also amazing. I really didn't like the AVP game though with the 3 separate storylines. Felt pretty shitty and the gameplay was rather clunky. This looks like a huge step up!
    I agree, been a while since a Aliens game looked this good.

For me its an honest to go sequel to Aliens, a story that dosnt follow Ripley but follows the marines instead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    For me its an honest to go sequel to Aliens, a story that dosnt follow Ripley but follows the marines instead.
    Yeah, that's why I'm going to love this a lot. We saw Ripley's side and hopefully we will see the Marines' side.

I am expecting a lot from this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Yeah, that's why I'm going to love this a lot. We saw Ripley's side and hopefully we will see the Marines' side.

I am expecting a lot from this game.
    A lot of people are.

Ive got a 4 player co-op lined up for release day.

I played this at eurogamer last september , managed to grab loads of goodies too , bandana/t-shirt/ poster etc etc and all you could do was play as marines in multiplayer (sega staff played as aliens on the other side of the stall).
    All im going to say off first impressions was 'Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!' just wait everyone when you play multi and you manage to find the smart gun nostalgia to the max, everything was so authentic to the movie sound wise. Granted they wouldnt show anything else of the game due to it being under lock and key but i had to go back and have multiple goes at this game, was awesome. The only gripe i had is that the aliens take you down in like 1 or most the time 2 swipes, they can insanely jump long distances too so im praying it all balances out on release.
    Been waiting for this for a a couple of years now. Collectors edition box purchased....hurry the fuck up febuary!!!!!!!!

edit- i have a load of photos of a guy dressed up as a marine and a guy in a full on alien suit that was there advertising the game but the quality is proper shit due to it being quite dark inside and camera flashes are frowned upon in that place. so ill refrain from posting them up :P
    Last edited by Suggs; 2013-01-14 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    I played this at eurogamer last september , managed to grab loads of goodies too , bandana/t-shirt/ poster etc etc and all you could do was play as marines in multiplayer (sega staff played as aliens on the other side of the stall).
    All im going to say off first impressions was 'Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!' just wait everyone when you play multi and you manage to find the smart gun nostalgia to the max, everything was so authentic to the movie sound wise. Granted they wouldnt show anything else of the game due to it being under lock and key but i had to go back and have multiple goes at this game, was awesome. The only gripe i had is that the aliens take you down in like 1 or most the time 2 swipes, they can insanely jump long distances too so im praying it all balances out on release.
    Been waiting for this for a a couple of years now. Collectors edition box purchased....hurry the fuck up febuary!!!!!!!!

edit- i have a load of photos of a guy dressed up as a marine and a guy in a full on alien suit that was there advertising the game but the quality is proper shit due to it being quite dark inside and camera flashes are frowned upon in that place. so ill refrain from posting them up :P
    I got to play it at MCM London in May and as you said got to play marines and Sega was Aliens. The tactic is to group up as marines and use your superior range and fire power to kill the Aliens.

I have some pics of myself from it.
    Me with Alien http://imgur.com/6Cdhh
    Marines on parade http://imgur.com/OaR4v

Deleted
    probably get this for wii u if i end up getting it.. pretty much wait and see like any aliens game.

being able to do that is reason enough to buy it though
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2013-01-14 at 11:34 PM.

Deleted
    Looks great, I've been told I'll have a copy waiting for me to review on release day but I would have bought it any way, free is just even better :P It looks good so far and I have a lot of confidence in gearbox at the minute. Hope I can convince a friend to play with me though.

The Graphics wont be up to much since Xbox/ps3 are coming to the end of cycle. The Wii U version should be pretty good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    The Graphics wont be up to much since Xbox/ps3 are coming to the end of cycle. The Wii U version should be pretty good.
    i doubt we will see anything amazing until its built from the ground up for wii u and even then it probably wont happen in the first bunch of games.. just like 360 and ps3 (even the pc game doesnt look massively different).

you have to admit the wii u controller is perfect for aliens and its tracker device.. hell its just like zombie u and its tracker with damn rats / birds setting it off freaking you out.. will be worse with fast moving friggin aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    i doubt we will see anything amazing until its built from the ground up for wii u and even then it probably wont happen in the first bunch of games.. just like 360 and ps3 (even the pc game doesnt look massively different).

you have to admit the wii u controller is perfect for aliens and its tracker device.. hell its just like zombie u and its tracker with damn rats / birds setting it off freaking you out.. will be worse with fast moving friggin aliens.
    Its a good idea but im a dedicated PC player i need my mouse and keyboard.

Going to play in in the dark, with my headphones on full blast.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with so many of you here been waiting on this game since before the release date was changed and now that it's so close it almost seems surreal. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate how Aliens turned from the ultimate cosmic horror into your regular space bugs/lizards cannon fodder. Though I guess it was inevitable once firearms were introduced to the franchise.

But I've yet to see a good Aliens game since AvP2. I can only hope Gearbox won't fuck up this one.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.