Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    i really hope this game doesnt utilise the same server system as the earlier avp game we got last time

  2. #22
    Pandaren Monk Mapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cultural Exchange House
    Posts
    1,900
    The server system for AvP 3 wasnt that bad for pc, we got dedicated servers.

    " I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    I hate how Aliens turned from the ultimate cosmic horror into your regular space bugs/lizards cannon fodder. Though I guess it was inevitable once firearms were introduced to the franchise.

    But I've yet to see a good Aliens game since AvP2. I can only hope Gearbox won't fuck up this one.
    Totally agree on this one. I liked when one alien was enough to instill horror and fuck your shit up. But based on the gameplay I've seen, you can take one out in a few seconds of hipfirin one a few yards away... they don't seem very intimidating in this game sadly.

  4. #24
    Pandaren Monk Mapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cultural Exchange House
    Posts
    1,900
    New trailer came out today.


    " I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    New trailer came out today.

    [video=youtube;r5AoxeljVqs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r5AoxeljVqs[video]
    Love it.

    Also, I've noticed there's atleast more three new types of alien. The one I've noticed more so far has always its green blood covered in its skin, no idea if that means it's a different alien or not. Also, there's another one that seems to explode on contact, that seems pretty cool too.

  6. #26
    Pandaren Monk Mapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cultural Exchange House
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Love it.

    Also, I've noticed there's atleast more three new types of alien. The one I've noticed more so far has always its green blood covered in its skin, no idea if that means it's a different alien or not. Also, there's another one that seems to explode on contact, that seems pretty cool too.
    There are new types of alien.
    Lurker http://imgur.com/1GXOOYV
    Boiler http://imgur.com/y49MTPy
    Soldier http://imgur.com/yJIREGo
    Crusher http://imgur.com/CbhEsb7

    Also meet the marines
    Bella http://imgur.com/utfGqJy
    Cruz http://imgur.com/UrPHkoI
    O'neal http://imgur.com/Xhq9nrF
    Winter the main character http://imgur.com/jNpXa5f

    In co-op you take control of the other marines, like in L4D.

    " I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

  7. #27
    Been following this for a while now, I've got one question. Is the co-op campaign the same as the single player? (unlike Far cry 3)

  8. #28
    Pandaren Monk Mapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cultural Exchange House
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Toccs View Post
    Been following this for a while now, I've got one question. Is the co-op campaign the same as the single player? (unlike Far cry 3)
    Its the same as far as i know, just with added people.

    " I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Ah! I knew it, the one I was talking about is the Boiler it seems. Two of those were already in the first game I believe, the soldier and the lurker, though they didn't had the same name, I think.

    The crusher also existed but not really since it was a boss and it was actually pretty different. The Boiler one seems to be the most exciting tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Also meet the marines
    Bella http://imgur.com/utfGqJy
    Cruz http://imgur.com/UrPHkoI
    O'neal http://imgur.com/Xhq9nrF
    Winter the main character http://imgur.com/jNpXa5f

    In co-op you take control of the other marines, like in L4D.
    I like Bella and O'Neal, especially Neal, guy looks so badass. xD

    And Cruz has one less, real leg, didn't notice that after looking up close.

  10. #30
    Pandaren Monk Mapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cultural Exchange House
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Ah! I knew it, the one I was talking about is the Boiler it seems. Two of those were already in the first game I believe, the soldier and the lurker, though they didn't had the same name, I think.

    The crusher also existed but not really since it was a boss and it was actually pretty different. The Boiler one seems to be the most exciting tbh.

    I like Bella and O'Neal, especially Neal, guy looks so badass. xD

    And Cruz has one less, real leg, didn't notice that after looking up close.
    When i played it at MCM London, it was a good but it was Xbox (yuck)

    The Crusher is like the tank in l4d, it was just mowing down marines.

    Cruz is my fave, love that bionic leg

    " I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Totally agree on this one. I liked when one alien was enough to instill horror and fuck your shit up. But based on the gameplay I've seen, you can take one out in a few seconds of hipfirin one a few yards away... they don't seem very intimidating in this game sadly.
    you mean alien the film.. where it was civilian's with no training and almost zero equipment.. sure that would make them terrifying.
    Dictated but not read.

  12. #32
    Pit Lord Razael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    There are new types of alien.
    Lurker http://imgur.com/1GXOOYV
    Boiler http://imgur.com/y49MTPy
    Soldier http://imgur.com/yJIREGo
    Crusher http://imgur.com/CbhEsb7

    Also meet the marines
    Bella http://imgur.com/utfGqJy
    Cruz http://imgur.com/UrPHkoI
    O'neal http://imgur.com/Xhq9nrF
    Winter the main character http://imgur.com/jNpXa5f

    In co-op you take control of the other marines, like in L4D.
    The aliens look awesome. It will keep us on our toes.

  13. #33
    Immortal Sigma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Just outside of Wigan, England.
    Posts
    7,717
    oooh somebody pass me a tissue, there is gentlemen's relish all over my keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Sigma : Super Intelligent Giant Moldy Anchovy

  14. #34
    the aliens look REALLY cool. Ok maybe I WILL get this game afterall!

  15. #35
    Brewmaster Voidgazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Silent Hill
    Posts
    1,269
    New trailer looks menacing. Iron sights, "mash A to defeat an alien in a struggle" and all that kind of stuff don't belong in an Aliens game. Also, FOV looked like it was 50 or something, that's horrible. "Kick-ass trailer", really, Gearbox? Really?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

  16. #36
    looks to me like we can have some L4D fun, but with aliens. If that's the case, my friends and me are sold.

  17. #37
    I hope this is actually difficult. Read an article on the game recently and it made an excellent point. He played a demo that seemed to confirm the aliens to be too weak or the protaganist too strong but this was months ago. If you are too powerful then there is no reason to be afraid which imo is just the wrong way to make an Alien/AvP game, you need to be in constant fear/shit pants mode as a marine.

    I sincerely hope that it's an excellent game and gearbox haven't screwed it up otherwise this might be the last Alien/AvP title we get for a long ass time considering that the older AvP games were excellent at the time.

    I hope they behave like skulks in Natural Selection, tough as hell to hit.

  18. #38
    Pandaren Monk Mapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cultural Exchange House
    Posts
    1,900
    New trailer came out today showcasing some of the Alien abilities and Marine weapons.

    Last edited by Mapathy; 2013-01-30 at 11:25 PM.

    " I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

  19. #39
    Video is private, Hud. >.<

  20. #40
    Pandaren Monk Mapathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cultural Exchange House
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Video is private, Hud. >.<
    Try that one.

    " I'll tell you the ultimate secret of magic. Any cunt could do it." - John Constantine

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •