Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    You know the old phrase "Those who cannot help themselves help others?"

    This is basically the "Hurt" version of that same ideology. Those who are hurt take it out on other people... those who do not wish to grow - but to simply rage at others for their poor real lives. Otherwise known as "bully syndrome".

    Their lives suck so much, that they have to take it out on others to make themselves feel less insignificant. They'll lie to you and tell you it's to "inspire interesting battles and events"... which can sometimes be an unintended side-effect... but the reality is the former.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You know the old phrase "Those who cannot help themselves help others?"

    This is basically the "Hurt" version of that same ideology. Those who are hurt take it out on other people... those who do not wish to grow - but to simply rage at others for their poor real lives. Otherwise known as "bully syndrome".

    Their lives suck so much, that they have to take it out on others to make themselves feel less insignificant. They'll lie to you and tell you it's to "inspire interesting battles and events"... which can sometimes be an unintended side-effect... but the reality is the former.
    I love people like you....you entertain me...all this psychological babble bs simply because `shock horror` people enjoy killing the other faction in a video game, id say people like yourself are the ones with the mental issues my friend, one of them being the taking of this game way way way to seriously....Look its pretty simple, you are the opposite faction yes? we are on a pvp server yes? so if I happen to see you ill make an effort to take you down simple as, I dont care what level you are I rolled pvp simply because I enjoy the added challenge and danger of leveling in such an environment and then when im max level I enjoy being able to attack the other faction if I so wish to.

    There is nothing psychological about it, this is a game, we play on opposite teams so If I see you ill try and attack you, simple as. level 1 or level 90.

    By the way you might want to be a bit more respectful towards victims of real life bullying, im sure they wouldn't appreciate having the issue watered down by you comparing people killing other peoples characters on a video game to there very real situations.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You know the old phrase "Those who cannot help themselves help others?"

    This is basically the "Hurt" version of that same ideology. Those who are hurt take it out on other people... those who do not wish to grow - but to simply rage at others for their poor real lives. Otherwise known as "bully syndrome".

    Their lives suck so much, that they have to take it out on others to make themselves feel less insignificant. They'll lie to you and tell you it's to "inspire interesting battles and events"... which can sometimes be an unintended side-effect... but the reality is the former.
    Man, and I thought it was because ganking is a normal thing in ANY game with pvp. To bad there isn't a simple solution to stop these bully's, like having PvE servers.

  4. #64
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,856
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    CRZ...yes 10.

    Oh and don't get me wrong people. I am not AGAINST PvP. If your running or flying by and see a lowbie, I have no issue with killing them and moving on. Im talking about the 90's who actually camp the outside of a 60 dungeon for hours.
    I don't get this, Why did you let them kill you then? Because if you're outside the dungeon, you just ress and zone in, I've done it tons of times, it might take a few attempts to get closer but you would get in
    And i think it's pack mentality, As you say, people kill lowbies, nothing wrong with it, I'll do it too, But i won't camp them unless they /spit at me lol, then they get 2deaths, But to actually camp for a length of time to me, is pointless, But when there are lots of people doing it they just all egg each other on really

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 11:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    You know the old phrase "Those who cannot help themselves help others?"

    This is basically the "Hurt" version of that same ideology. Those who are hurt take it out on other people... those who do not wish to grow - but to simply rage at others for their poor real lives. Otherwise known as "bully syndrome".

    Their lives suck so much, that they have to take it out on others to make themselves feel less insignificant. They'll lie to you and tell you it's to "inspire interesting battles and events"... which can sometimes be an unintended side-effect... but the reality is the former.
    I think camping lowbies is pointles, But i think responses like yours are worse than the action, It's a game, grow up, seriously, It's not because their lives suck, it's because it's a bloody game, and people like killing others in that game, nothing more, nothing less, I think You've just been ganked one too many times :S
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  5. #65
    Red = dead...it used to be WAY FUCKING WORSE before flying mounts. We used to camp the entrance to MC with a raid group of about 30 people to delay the couple of top horde guilds' raid start time...and thus progress in the race vs. the alliance guilds.

    If you're getting camped and really can't get out of the situation...log off and go do something else?

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  6. #66
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewb1337 View Post
    Some people just want to watch the world burn.
    Unfortunately true, there are ppl who go to certain extremes to make the world just a little more miserable for someone else.

    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    I'll quote from a poster on their forums ''I do it to make you guys whine about it I want you to be mad and spread your misery in multiple forums, That's why I enjoy it that you continue to whine until blizzard does something to fix us gankers making you mad''
    Who ever said this can die in a fire for all i care. I am disgusted by ppl who find joy in others pain.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 11:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Red = dead...it used to be WAY FUCKING WORSE before flying mounts.
    It wasnt worse before flying mounts, no. Ppl didnt come at you with 310% movespeed, but 60%. You could most of the time escape from them by ressing a bit further away and running to safety.
    And the few ppl who had 100% movespeed mounts very busy doing other stuff then non stop ganking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

  7. #67
    I'm all for red = dead - you did afterall roll on a PvP server did you not?

    The ones camping lowbie instance portals for hours on end though? Pathetic. No way around it. I really like the people who do this defending this behavior, making it seem like it's something a normal person does. Laughing out loud, literally. You can spout all garbage you want about your ideologies and morals, but at the end of the day, you know how pathetic you really are.

  8. #68
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Faroe Islands
    Posts
    764
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    We used to camp the entrance to MC with a raid group of about 30 people to delay the couple of top horde guilds' raid start time...and thus progress in the race vs. the alliance guilds.
    Also, this isnt classified as ganking. This is how wpvp should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladimeir View Post
    See 5 Geared pvp'ers taking on an entire pve guild is what world pvp is about. Killing "bait" is just a byproduct.
    No, just no. There's a lot of griefers for whom luring out 90's isn't the reason for doing that. Had an mage in Vash'jir who hid under the phasing because he never quested there. He was killings lowies who had to stay around there if they wanted to progress in that zone. Tried to roast him with my shaman but thanks to Blizzards great phasing I couldn't he was completly safe from any kind of retaliation (something a gimp like him most likely appreciates).
    Figured I just go do some Arena and level my alt later one, logged in several hours later and he was still at it. Killing the laughable weak sole guard spawning inside the ship and spitting/lolling at lowbies bringing an entire zone's progress to an halt without anyone being able to do a damn about it thanks to phasing.

    This has nothing to do with PvP server or "WPvP" it's plain and old griefing and trolling and on every other game it would have consequences.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Man, and I thought it was because ganking is a normal thing in ANY game with pvp. To bad there isn't a simple solution to stop these bully's, like having PvE servers.
    Using "PvP Server" as an excuse for massive griefing and trolling by abusing phasing to be completly safe from any kind of retaliation is beyond retarded.
    Last edited by Deleth; 2013-01-15 at 12:04 AM.

  10. #70
    Epic! Blockygame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Shrike Abyssal
    Posts
    1,541
    It's a sign that the sad fucker/fuckers who partake in this past time, seriously need to weight up weather or not they need to have a break from wow, unless being a sociopath is considered cool.
    HOOKED ON DIABLOL, GOOD TIMES ARE BEING HAD

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Blockygame View Post
    It's a sign that the sad fucker/fuckers who partake in this past time, seriously need to weight up weather or not they need to have a break from wow, unless being a sociopath is considered cool.
    yeah and you need to learn to spell you absolute Muppet, calling people who kill people in a video game `sociopaths` your as bad as those who try to blame video games for major incidents like school shootings etc. total non grasp of reality

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by pallyballz View Post
    Sigh....unwanted WPvP. Yeah a group of my friends and I had our "fill" of this last night leveling in hellfire peninsula. We decided to go old school not using dungeon finder and just 4 man hellfire ramps to take a break from questing. Instead of having fun doing that we came across a group of 90's (like 10 of em) that seemed to have nothing better to do than gank level 60's and not let them enter the instance. I really don't get this. Who the heck has time to do this and for what reason? You don't get honor....you don't get conquest or any points...so whats the point? Are these the people who always loose in BG's and Arena's so they are instead forced to kill lower level people to make them feel like the are elite? Not mad...just flat out confused by what motivates them.
    Maybe they don't always play the game for points?

    Sometimes I feel that if Blizz takes away the grind and rewards, people will instantly quit the game. Because that's the ONLY thing they play this game for...Like it wont even take a week to drop to 10% of it's current playerbase. Kinda sad.

  13. #73
    Herald of the Titans Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,905
    It's because they're douchebags, and there are no rules against being a douchebag in WoW.

  14. #74
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I will always live in Gilneas
    Posts
    15,961
    i was a lowbie who had fun with it

    gettin my buds

    gettin the guards

    startin battles

    fuck yeah

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  15. #75
    This thread is the exact reason people do this. Congratulations, you have fueled the fire and played right into the hands of anyone who kills lowbies (myself, very much included)

  16. #76
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,140
    Well I usally only kill people when they are flagged and just happened to be where I am but last time I joined a friend who was on a pvp server I decied to just go out and gank people because I almost never get to do it. It was fun until I could not find anyone...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  17. #77
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    I will always live in Gilneas
    Posts
    15,961
    why are u guys sooo tunnel visioned

    just take a break from questing and leveling and kill some gankers

    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise REGGIE! MY BODY IS READY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Sounds like this is what pure PVE'ers Think what happens, but in reality every pvp group ive seen or been friends with gank just for fun its kindve a right of passage on pvp realms.

    Getting ganked is something you expect when you role on pvp realm. This much is true. But there are those that take it beyond that to the point where you truly believe that something must be seriously wrong with their RL for them to be douchebaggy to that degree.

    As for the rest of your post, it's only fun as long as your the one doing it. You talk smack about "being in a group of 4 2600s". But what happens when a larger group of 2200 - 2400s show up, or even a group who might be overly high ranking but decent players show up and return the favour.

    Here's a story from Darkspear. There was a guild that was known for ganking. It was all they did. They were decent pve'ers, and also decent pvpers. Until finally they pissed off the wrong guild. It boiled down to about a guild on guild warfare in Hellfire with the end result already decided since the guild they pissed off was one of the top guilds in pve who also had glads.

    So now you think, well that was the purpose, WPVP, blah de blah de blah. Thing is that it didn't end there. Since this is before Swifty rose to promience, and before players from pve realms could transfer to PvP, everyone pretty much knew everyone, alts and all. And what happened was that that guild became ganked and farmed off the server since they weren't allowed to do ANYTHING. Run alone, get ganked. Call in friends, the entire guild comes down on your head.

    This was an extreme case, but I always smile when I remember it since it's the only case I've ever heard of gankers getting their due.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Getting ganked is something you expect when you role on pvp realm. This much is true. But there are those that take it beyond that to the point where you truly believe that something must be seriously wrong with their RL for them to be douchebaggy to that degree.

    As for the rest of your post, it's only fun as long as your the one doing it. You talk smack about "being in a group of 4 2600s". But what happens when a larger group of 2200 - 2400s show up, or even a group who might be overly high ranking but decent players show up and return the favour.

    Here's a story from Darkspear. There was a guild that was known for ganking. It was all they did. They were decent pve'ers, and also decent pvpers. Until finally they pissed off the wrong guild. It boiled down to about a guild on guild warfare in Hellfire with the end result already decided since the guild they pissed off was one of the top guilds in pve who also had glads.

    So now you think, well that was the purpose, WPVP, blah de blah de blah. Thing is that it didn't end there. Since this is before Swifty rose to promience, and before players from pve realms could transfer to PvP, everyone pretty much knew everyone, alts and all. And what happened was that that guild became ganked and farmed off the server since they weren't allowed to do ANYTHING. Run alone, get ganked. Call in friends, the entire guild comes down on your head.

    This was an extreme case, but I always smile when I remember it since it's the only case I've ever heard of gankers getting their due.
    yeah nice fake example story there, obvious fake as darkspear is a pve server so I fail to see how they were ganked off the server as you claim when they could simply turn off pvp at there leisure.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by thatcrazypenguin View Post
    yeah nice fake example story there, obvious fake as darkspear is a pve server so I fail to see how they were ganked off the server as you claim when they could simply turn off pvp at there leisure.
    if he is talking about the US darkspear, its a PvP server...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •