1. #1

    H Lei Shi -- How To!?

    Hello all, we are currently 9/16 H (6/6 h MSV + 3/6 H HoF) 10m. After doing some research it seems like heroic lei shi is the way to go and then imperial. Anyways I cannot find a guide what so ever for this boss and as a raid leader I hate going into fights without knowing wtf to do. I have heard rumors of some 10m guilds using multiple tanks (idk why) and multiple healers (3). Any help would be great thanks! Here's our raid comp:

    Tanks: Blood DK / Protadin

    Healers: Hpal / Resto Sham (Ele OS) / Disc (Shadow OS) "Either of these healers can go DPS or both can heal obviously."

    DPS: Frost DK (Blood OS) / Mage / Warlock / Boomkin (Bear or Kitty OS has gear for both) / Rogue

    Backups/Standbys: Another Warlock

  2. #2
    We used 3 healers and two shot the boss.

    Mage and Warlock stack Scary Fog. Mage resets his stack every time he reaches 9 - 10 stacks. Warlock only resets his stack once at 10 and then lets it stack to 20 to burn the boss at 20%.

    Always kill the add that spawns nearest to your Mage/Warlock in order to kill it quickly.
    Have your Shaman and Boomkin CC one add and your warlock two adds.

    Use marks and let each of those CCers CC one that spawns nearest to blue/yellow/whatever.
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2013-01-14 at 08:47 PM.

  3. #3
    The trick to the fight is the protect phases. If you have trouble with the CC then people die and you wipe.. continuously

    Scary fog is very simple also make sure your melee dont kill themselves by standing too close to a tank.

  4. #4
    We killed it a couple of days ago after getting protectors earlier in the week and I wish we went to lei shi earlier. The biggest thing for us was managing the adds. You can have your shaman Bind Elemental, Boomkin can Root and then Typhoon/Bash in case an extra add gets close, Warlock can Banish one and Fear (the glyph doesn't matter) another, finally your mage can drop ring of frost to control any broken CC/bad placement adds.

    We did this with 3 healers as a cushion because the tanks get hit hard near the end. I don't really see a reason to drop to 2 unless your DPS is absolutely terrible and you can't manage stacks. We also decided to have 3 people do the Scary Fog (Hunter, Mage, Lock) but you could really have any ranged class/healer do it since your warlock can drop a demonic gateway into the middle. We tried to keep the Scary Fog at around 10-15 but we had some derps with it and let people drop at the wrong time so it's not required to manage it perfectly.

    Honestly, just pull the boss. It's really on par with the easier heroics in mogu'shan. Good luck!

  5. #5
    H Lei Shi is quite a bit harder on 10 man then 25man.
    you should probably get to at least 5/6 hof before you start consider doing it.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    H Lei Shi is quite a bit harder on 10 man then 25man.
    you should probably get to at least 5/6 hof before you start consider doing it.
    No, not really. We got our "kill" last lockout with only reaching 3/6hc in HoF.
    @Opener: The debuff handling is easy to learn. The harder parts are: getting rid of the adds (as there's one more than in normal mode) and dealing fast with the specials (hide can be a pain in the ass) so the debuff cannot drop.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    No, not really. We got our "kill" last lockout with only reaching 3/6hc in HoF.
    @Opener: The debuff handling is easy to learn. The harder parts are: getting rid of the adds (as there's one more than in normal mode) and dealing fast with the specials (hide can be a pain in the ass) so the debuff cannot drop.
    We had about an hour of tries last night, i have to admit i didnt really spend as much time reading into the fight as i normally do but we seemed to have some trouble handling the debuff properly. Atleast i feel we were getting close to the enrage a bit... We reached ~60% on the boss with 2:50~ remaining on a 7 minute enrage. Granted our setup wasn't ideal but still.

    I had our warlock, mage and boomkin handle the stacks. Just rotating between the three of them. Like i said maybe i should look into it more but those stacks & the get away seemed pretty big problems for us. (We did have a undergeared healer with us who sits on 475~ atm).

    Maybe it's just practise and stopping people from stacking the debuffs on other players and what not. (I also noticed both our lock & mage putting stacks on the boss @ get away... thus putting it on eachother).
    Odeanathus is one of those people who get's a job driving the special bus just to make fun of the disabled kids....

  9. #9
    We 3healed it and it was very easy

    Basically you get a stacking debuff by standing outside the ring that the boss puts around her... when you have stacks, EVERYONE NEAR YOU TAKES MORE DAMAGE (players included, so make sure you're not on tanks!) Only the highest stack will effect things near you- this means if there is someone with 2 stacks and someone with 4 stacks on the boss, the boss will have 4 stacks.. there is no point of the person with lower stacks being in the middle at the same time as someone with higher stacks unless that person is dropping their stacks

    We used 3 people to get stacks-- some people use 2 but we used 3 I'll explain why... the 3 stackers:

    As the high stacker (15-19 stacks) my job was to make sure I am on top of the boss during GET AWAY- this is important because the more dmg you do during this the faster you get out, it really helps to have a lot of stacks for each get away...

    The med stacker (10-14 stacks) and low stacker (2-5 stacks) swap-- sometimes I will come in as well, but most importantly I need to make sure I have as many stacks as possible for the get away! The people with stacks must make sure to refresh (or drop) their stacks when needed... this is key for the fight

    Of course there is bad luck sometimes and it will give you some bumps... such as getting out of a hide phase too late and letting stacks fall off... but as long as you have a few stacks on the boss (even 2 or 3) meeting the enrage timer shouldn't be an issue... make sure your high stacker uses defensive cds during get away, as they will be getting wrecked

    Mages/locks/hunters are best for getting stacks because of their mobility and defensive cds

    This was our strat... as I said there are many different strat so do what works for you... you can 2heal it or 3 heal it, get less or more stacks, the fight is very simple once you figure out what you needa do
    Last edited by Sabsy; 2013-01-16 at 12:11 PM.

  10. #10
    Assuming you know the basics of the fight. Have your frost dk go blood. Use two soakers, the dk + warlock.
    At the start everyone will likely get one stack, have your warlock and dk standing outside to get stacks. Have your warlock also drop a demonic portal for your dk to get into melee range quickly. Tanks in front of boss, raid to the boss's back left (or right), and the stackers on the right (or left) side behind the boss. Warlock and dk both get 3 stacks before special. DK ports in right before an ability and uses his stacks on the boss, warlock keeps stacking. DK quickly runs out to keep stacks rolling and the warlock runs in. At this point the warlock will only run out to keep his stacks rolling. Stacks reset every 10 seconds, so when he has 10 seconds left (35 second debuff) he runs out to reset and then runs back in. DK will only run now during specials so he will get a lot of stacks and the warlock will keep low stacks, but will always have them rolling on the boss. DK uses AMS during the get away, warlock uses sacrificial pact for a ~500k bubble. During the add phase you can cyclone, banish and fear 3 adds and kill the 4th. If for some reason one is lose, the dk can just grip it out and spam chains of ice on it.

    In the last 20% the dk just runs into melee range of boss with his 20 stacks, with time warp and the boss melts. Make sure they aren't near the boss during the hide phase as it pulses as soon as he's out.

  11. #11
    Need more DPS, The other guys said the tactics.

  12. #12
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabsy View Post
    We 3healed it and it was very easy

    Basically you get a stacking debuff by standing outside the ring that the boss puts around her... when you have stacks, EVERYONE NEAR YOU TAKES MORE DAMAGE (players included, so make sure you're not on tanks!) Only the highest stack will effect things near you- this means if there is someone with 2 stacks and someone with 4 stacks on the boss, the boss will have 4 stacks.. there is no point of the person with lower stacks being in the middle at the same time as someone with higher stacks unless that person is dropping their stacks

    We used 3 people to get stacks-- some people use 2 but we used 3 I'll explain why... the 3 stackers:

    As the high stacker (15-19 stacks) my job was to make sure I am on top of the boss during GET AWAY- this is important because the more dmg you do during this the faster you get out, it really helps to have a lot of stacks for each get away...

    The med stacker (10-14 stacks) and low stacker (2-5 stacks) swap-- sometimes I will come in as well, but most importantly I need to make sure I have as many stacks as possible for the get away! The people with stacks must make sure to refresh (or drop) their stacks when needed... this is key for the fight

    Of course there is bad luck sometimes and it will give you some bumps... such as getting out of a hide phase too late and letting stacks fall off... but as long as you have a few stacks on the boss (even 2 or 3) meeting the enrage timer shouldn't be an issue... make sure your high stacker uses defensive cds during get away, as they will be getting wrecked

    Mages/locks/hunters are best for getting stacks because of their mobility and defensive cds

    This was our strat... as I said there are many different strat so do what works for you... you can 2heal it or 3 heal it, get less or more stacks, the fight is very simple once you figure out what you needa do
    So in theory, do you think it is better to go 3 heals and just build higher stacks? Also, how much did you beat the enrage by?

    If you did 2 heal it, what would you have your 3 stackers stack up to?
    Last edited by Dizz216; 2013-02-01 at 10:12 PM.

  13. #13
    The Patient edlike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizz216 View Post
    So in theory, do you think it is better to go 3 heals and just build higher stacks? Also, how much did you beat the enrage by?

    If you did 2 heal it, what would you have your 3 stackers stack up to?
    This is what ended up working for us:

    -2 tank
    -3 heal (with a disc which is OP on this fight)
    -3 dps managing stacks. Mage/Lock/Hunter
    -7-12 stacks (aiming for 9 but it isn't exact with hides and all that).

    We liked having 3 people do it because it was quite easy to allow the disc to keep the tanks up (buffed smite = crazy atonement heals) while me and the other healer focused on the 3 fog soakers and rotating CDs for get away. This allows more room for error with stacks occasionally dropping during hide or whatever. More than anything you just need to make sure you always have SOMEONE putting 7+ on the boss. Uptime is key.

    I cannot stress enough the point about stack uptime. Both of our kills were made with 30 seconds or so left on the enrage due ENTIRELY to good stack management. I assume the 3 tank strategies work in the same way, the lower raid DPS is offset by maintaining higher average stacks.

  14. #14
    When my guild does it, we also use 3 healers and have 3 people stacking scary fog (Resto Druid, Mage (Me) and Hunter).

    As the Mage, I stack Scary Fog up to around 10-12 and blink in whenever she does "Get Away" then stay in to clear my stacks. During this phase if i'm particularly high on stacks, say 12+, i'll need Pain Suppression / Hand of Sacrafice to keep me alive, whilst utilising the 30% heal from Cold Snap, Healthstones, Ice Barrier and everything as it can get quite intensive.

    After that we have the Hunter and R Druid stacking on the boss and adds.

    It may seem a really odd way to do this, but it works for us.

  15. #15
    I'll be really nice here and give you a few extra pieces of info, people tend to just give these one liners on here that are helpful but.. not always all the info you'll end up needing.

    1: a strategy we saw that ended up working best after our initial kill is to only have 3 scary fog people at the start. One person goes straight up to 11ish stacks and then drops it on the boss (typically we have our disc priest do it, could be a dps though). Since they are standing out the whole time they go up slightly faster, this just helps get ahead on the berserk timer. After that you have your 2 main mobile ranged dps just handle scary fog dropping around 11ish, this makes things much safer than "OMG we're behind let's have someone go to crazy high stacks" to make up time.

    2: protector phase it's super helpful to have a healer taunt and soak for a while to let tank drop stacks. EG our holy paladin taunts with their 40% magic mitigation cd up (1m cd, 10seconds) and our Lei Shi tank taunts back when her stacks drop. (A monk could alternate zen meditation/diffuse magic).
    Offtank (picking up protector) picks the one closest to sha's room, and pulls it to the fog line towards sha's room so fog people can debuff it while still building stacks. You chain stun that thing and it hardly does any damage. eg if you have a rogue it's pretty cheesy: they have that talent that makes it do 50% damage for 6s after kidney shot. Stun, Stun, minor tank cds. The stuns start when it's in place and give scary fog people and the tank time to position without having to worry about getting scary fog on the tank.

    Also super helpful in protector phase if you have something like a monk who can do 0-damage threat (or someone taunting a couple adds after they have the boss back). EG some protectors would end up with short term cc's on them in the scramble to cc, like 8s shadow priest fear. It's helpful to toss a few brews on the cc-ed adds (0 damage, doesn't break cc) so that if they do break they go to the Lei Shi tank instead of the healers. Protectors really should die in under 20s.

    And that is pretty much the fight, obv heroing under 20%.

  16. #16
    The Patient edlike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Justusy View Post
    And that is pretty much the fight, obv heroing under 20%.
    In our group we lust after the first hide below 40%. This carries lust into the final protect making it a little less hectic and pushing the 40-20% after the first hide causes only one special to go out in most cases. I consider the final protect probably the last make or break moment of the fight (unless you get caught sub 20% Get Away! with no healing CDs.) But obviously whatever works for individual groups is going to vary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •