Thread: Car Suggestions

Car Suggestions

So I'm looking for a new car, I'm a new college grad and I'm still driving the car I had through school which is now sitting at 190k miles and not going to pass inspection in feb. I currently have 5k in cash and I originally looked at getting a 20k car loan, but due to me being a 22 year old guy with low credit I really don't want to pay outrageous interest and insurance.

I really want to get a sportier car that isn't too outrageous, anyone have any suggestions for a car/where I can find one? Been running a few Google searches but haven't come up with too much.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where you live would be a good idea to mention.

When I graduated from school I took out a loan and bought a new WRX for 24k (put maybe a few thousand down on it). But then again I had a good engineering job lined up so I didn't really mind the loan.

Really, it depends on what you mean by "sportier". Scions have outrageously good residual value, which makes leasing them quite affordable, and the FR-S is a fun, cool car (in my opinion, of course).

wrx insurance premiums alone would be 250-300 a month for a 22yo college grad with a clean record on their own insurance for full coverage. doubt he wants the insurance to cost as much as the car payment. You should look into something more economical in fuel efficiency so you aren't paying a ton in gas down the line. Look at a honda/toyota/mazda, or even a domestic like a ford focus. Don't forget all the new Hyundai's that are out are clean looks and good mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by krishums View Post
    So I'm looking for a new car, I'm a new college grad and I'm still driving the car I had through school which is now sitting at 190k miles and not going to pass inspection in feb. I currently have 5k in cash and I originally looked at getting a 20k car loan, but due to me being a 22 year old guy with low credit I really don't want to pay outrageous interest and insurance.

I really want to get a sportier car that isn't too outrageous, anyone have any suggestions for a car/where I can find one? Been running a few Google searches but haven't come up with too much.
    Make sure you can afford payments before getting a loan.

What do you do for a living?

Build up some money, get a reserve and a good down payment. You dont want to get a car, have trouble finding work and lose the car a year later.

Also expect insurance costs to rape you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the 2014 Chevy Corvette codename "Stingray".

Edit:

Link with pictures!
    http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news
    You know you want it!
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.