Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    So.. you'd turn down a woman who just would come up to you and go "Let's have sex"?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    What does that have to do with liking the opposite gender? Introversion/extroversion have nothing to do with sexuality.
    My bad for that, it just ended up written down with the rest of the post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    While I've not studied extensively on the topic, this sounds somewhat like asexuality, which appears to effect about 1% of the population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality
    Not really. the guy just does not want to go out much, which is fine. its not a medical condition or syndrome or whatever not to conform to the norm of going out getting pissed and waking up to someone you dont recognise.
    People develop at different rates, he may change his mind later on, he may not, nothing wrong with it, just do what you are comfortable with. Although its not a bad idea to sometimes push that to see if it really is your comfort zone, or just your habitual one.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    So.. you'd turn down a woman who just would come up to you and go "Let's have sex"?

Um yes. Thats not normal, and you've got to question why type of person does that. Taking up that offer is practially asking for an STD, having your wallet nicked, or worse.

Most likely, yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tlacoatl View Post
    Um yes. Thats not normal, and you've got to question why type of person does that. Taking up that offer is practially asking for an STD, having your wallet nicked, or worse.
    Haha, what?! You'd be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathias View Post
    I dont really "meet" people here, and I'm still a quite open person when it comes to teamspeak, ventrillo ect, but when it comes to meeting people in real I'd rather just crawl back to bed.

I'd spend my week doing nothing at all.
    This sounds like you're depressed more than anything else. Have you ever liked people, or have you spent your entire life wanting to avoid everyone and be alone? If this is something that's crept up on you over the last few years, it might be depression. It may be worth seeing a psychiatrist to see if there's a chemical imbalance or other type of issue that's messing with you.

If you've always been like this and/or you enjoy living the solitary type of life, then no problem. You're an extreme introvert - welcome to the internet, the only place on Earth where you really can choose exactly how much human interaction you want. It's great.

Deleted
    I don't mean to judge, because everyone is different and it makes us human etc...
    But I don't understand how you can't like meeting new people? Maybe its because I am more the extrovert type.
    I advice you see a professional (this is not meant as an insult).

Even the worstcase introvert can't live without other people, sooner or later you are going to have to meet people for a wide variety of reasons.

I know most people at first glance look like they are not interesting, but the better you get to know someone, the more you will start to like said person (or the complete opposite).

Humans are fascinating creatures, if you don't like meeting them then I suggest you start with observing them. You can get some good laughs to that way
    (try to be a bit subtle about it tough)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    I don't mean to judge, because everyone is different and it makes us human etc...
    But I don't understand how you can't like meeting new people? Maybe its because I am more the extrovert type.
    I advice you see a professional (this is not meant as an insult).

Even the worstcase introvert can't live without other people, sooner or later you are going to have to meet people for a wide variety of reasons.

I know most people at first glance look like they are not interesting, but the better you get to know someone, the more you will start to like said person (or the complete opposite).

Humans are fascinating creatures, if you don't like meeting them then I suggest you start with observing them. You can get some good laughs to that way
    (try to be a bit subtle about it tough)
    It's hard for me to imagine too, as meeting new people is one of my favorite things in the world to do, but I recognize that some people just feel tired and stressed when they have to meet new people. That's what being an introvert is all about.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    You might be slow developing or depressed. I know when I was mostly a teenager I wasn't totally interested in girls just yet. I noticed their beauty and presence but not interested in dating just yet. It may take you longer. Though IMO and don't hate me I find it..strange people aren't interested in the opposite gender(This excluding gays so don't hate)
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You know, I was having thoughts about this yesterday and yes I'm quite you like OP.
    Although I believe (think) myself to be demisexual rather than fully asexual... I really should discuss this to my friends and such to be honest, won't really be a surprise for them considering they know I'm like this, I've never been asked or approached about it though. Also much like you, I dislike going outside even though my friends have asked me many times (unless it's too watch a movie or what not, otherwise I stay inside while they go out and get drunk). It's got up to the point where I don't get asked or invited anymore to go outside, not that I mind.

Although as Aeluron said above, I could be slow developing
    * shrugs

I will say though OP, you are not the only one who feels the way you do.
    Last edited by Runeweaver; 2013-01-14 at 09:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take testosterone supplements. Maybe you just don't have the drive! Plus it would be a real cool social experiment for raging introverts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's hard for me to imagine too, as meeting new people is one of my favorite things in the world to do, but I recognize that some people just feel tired and stressed when they have to meet new people. That's what being an introvert is all about.
    Some people just make you feel stressed and tired, I love meeting new people so I can gather more awesome people and filther the bad one's out

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    While I've not studied extensively on the topic, this sounds somewhat like asexuality, which appears to effect about 1% of the population.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality
    Naaah its not, just shyness and discomfort in social settings, likely cultural but not necessarily

I'll be turning 19 in about a month & Ive realised Ive never been interested in the opposite or same gender, I'm not an outsider at school, but I'd much rather sit in my room listening to music & chill than go to town and meet new people, I write this because my parents have been complaining alot lately, they tell me to get out more & meet new people, but why? to be completely honest, I cant stand meeting new people, does anyone else feel like this? or am I just different? the people I know do invite me out often, but I just tend to decline & stay at home.
    Do you even fap?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    You know, I was having thoughts about this yesterday and yes I'm quite you like OP.
    Although I believe (think) myself to be demisexual rather than fully asexual... I really should discuss this to my friends and such to be honest, won't really be a surprise for them considering they know I'm like this, I've never been asked or approached about it though.

Although as Aeluron said above, I could be slow developing
    * shrugs

I will say though OP, you are not the only one who feels the way you do.
    I'd never heard the term demisexual before, but I guess that's kinda close to me. I mean I can be attracted to a women I don't have an emotional component with, but I'm not especially lustful towards them. But when I meet a girl I have an emotional connection to, I have a very strong sexual attraction to them. Having sex with a woman I don't have feelings for is pretty unfulfilling for me most of the time though.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Do you even fap?
    This made me laugh a bit more than it should :P

Yeah im also demisexual apparently, have quite strong lust but only towards people i love.
    Several times refused sex out of it being "just sex"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you are pretty insecure about yourself and are choosing to say that you are uninterested in other people simply because you have developed such a strong comfort zone being alone and doing your own thing. If you go out and be social and meet new people, you will meet girls, then one of these girls will stand out to you, and then you will start talking to her, and you will notice that there is a whole world out there that is "love." And it is absolutely amazing, far better than being alone or anti social or depressed.

Basically, you can't say the stuff your saying without trying the opposite, as a male I find it hard to believe that if a girl that you consider beautiful and has a great personality that you get along with, liked you back, that you would be uninterested. You don't know what you don't have unless you try it.

I have, several times :O
    Although it wanst THAT straightforward lol.

they tell me to get out more & meet new people, but why?
    Because it's a valuable life skill and people you meet now can open opportunities down the road.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.