10+ Year Old Account

Haswell/Integrated graphics

So I'm still fairly new to computer parts and pc building. And I saw a video of the Haswell demo where they have it going against the GTX 650. So what does integrated graphics mean? Does that mean the Haswell processor will have a GPU in it? That would eliminate the need for a GPU then? Sorry for the noob question, but I was just curious.

http://www.geek.com/articles/chips/i...-ces-20130111/
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Integrated graphics has been around for quite a while... Basically, they use your systems RAM instead of it's own chip(s).
    The best iGPU has roughly 30 GB/s of memory bandwidth, whereas dedicated GPUs can go up to around 260GB/s atm (although i'm sure that this number's already beaten).
    You'd still want a dedicated GPU for ultra/max settings.
    You may get along okay with medium by the sounds of that (depending on resolution).
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Deleted
    Integrating a GPU into the CPU die isn't new, it's already happening with the current generation of processors. The Haswell GPU will be significantly improved as far as I understand, although I can't say how it will compare to desktop graphics. By the time Haswell is here the 650 will probably be previous generation, and the 650 is a mid-range card. My guess is Haswell graphics will be low to mid range (in comparison to the latest dedicated cards), suitable for some casual gamers and applications. You'll almost certainly need a dedicated card if you want to run the latest games with moderate/high settings and good framerates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does that mean the Haswell processor will have a GPU in it?
    Almost all CPU's have GPU's built in these days. Most of the mainstream I3, i5, and AMD APUs already have them. It's really a matter of the motherboard having video out.

The Haswell will certainly be better (The current Intel HD 4000 is leaps above the 3000s, but again, still integrated, and still meh), but will still not hold a candle to a dedicated video card. It might be nice though for HTPCs and the like.