Poll: Do you preffer your current raid size

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Preffered raid size poll (do you like the raid size you're currently in)

This is not 10 vs. 25 thread so keep that discussion out.
    There was a poll recently that was purely 'do you like 10 or 25 man enviroment more'. This time I would like to see from MMO raid community if they are happy with the raid size they are currently in. Please vote .

10+ Year Old Account
    Was in 10m and currently in 25m. Realized I don't particularly care it's more about if other players/guild I'm with are fun and progressing at a rate close to my expectations.

Might want to add a no preference option.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    dang, i was hoping for a 15 man answer. i raid 10. but i would love it more if it was 15. 25 is too big. its obnoxious. 10 is too small, and much more unforgiving. plus only 1 brez. if all 10 of us are not absolutely perfect at all times, its a wipe. same is not true for 25. but, whatever.. i am more happy in my 10 then i have ever been in a 25. but a 15 would feel perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Raid 25m and I like it a lot more than 10m, which we do on off nights like sunday/monday

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm in a casual 10man guild since MoP, always used to raid 40/25 (I quit hardcore raiding after WotLK) and I gotta say that I don't like 10man raiding at all. Don't really have ONE good reason for it but I guess it all adds up; the more pressure on the healers(imo, I was always a lot better in 25man, wasn't any good in 10man raids we raided on the side), the non epic feeling when there's just 10man (Going 40-25 was pushing it, but TBC being brilliant made me forget the need of 40 people very fast), very small group of people on vent etc etc etc.

I'd like to be in a 25man guild but I'm just too lazy to go thru the application process again, building up rep again etc (=exhausting), when I'm in a guild I usually stick by it. I quickly get loyal to a guild I'm in and I find it very hard to leave, my only guildswitch was in vanilla. When I started again in MoP I got picked up by a guild while leveling, my plan was to do only LFR this expansion as well but here I am doing some normals, I like it but I just know it would be a lot cooler in a 25man guild....

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    dang, i was hoping for a 15 man answer. i raid 10. but i would love it more if it was 15. 25 is too big. its obnoxious. 10 is too small, and much more unforgiving. plus only 1 brez. if all 10 of us are not absolutely perfect at all times, its a wipe. same is not true for 25. but, whatever.. i am more happy in my 10 then i have ever been in a 25. but a 15 would feel perfect.
    I didn't include that cos then poll would be pointless since a lot of people would vote for that option. I wanted to see how people feel about current system that is in place.
    Almost 100 people voted so far, I need around 500 voters to have decent sample that will give basic picture. And before someone goes 'rofl 500 people you can't get clear picture with that'...I work with statistics and polls for election and trust me, you get decently accurate prediction if you have sample of 1000 people for around 2 million voters. There's way less than 2 million raiders, probably not half as much so sample of 500 will be good to have. The more the better ofc .
    I hope mods will be ok with me keeping this on page one so it gets enough exposure for getting sample big enough. Thanks .

I've raided 40-man, 25-man and now 10-man. Absolutely love 10's and would never go back to 25's. Majority of people who prefer 25's probably have never had to organize or lead a 25 man guild.

Deleted
    Was a raidleader in 40/25 through vanilla-wotlk. Stepped down to 10 in cata. Also, apart from that, healing in 10 mans is generally more rewarding and interesting.
    Last edited by mmocd0828b0993; 2013-01-10 at 11:17 AM.

Something to note about this, is that forums have a skewed view on things. Percentage wise, there are more top players, and more 25 man raiders than what you would see in game.

In game, there is about 12 times the amount of 10 man guilds than 25 mans, so there's about 5 times as many 10 man raiders than 25 man raiders.

Switched from 10 to 25 this week, and I have to say, I prefer 10man over the clusterfuck of spell effects and people in 25man. Especially as a melee, I can't see shit compared to on 10man(because all melee are on top of eachother, so I can't see if I'm in the bad stuff or not)
    Didn't have the option of staying 10man, because recruiting for 10mans is a bad joke on my server, because there are 180 or so 10man guilds that are all recruiting, so all the decent players already have a guild. So we merged into a guild that is essentially a massive merge of former high-ranked 10man guilds from the server.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2013-01-05 at 04:30 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Something to note about this, is that forums have a skewed view on things. Percentage wise, there are more top players, and more 25 man raiders than what you would see in game.

In game, there is about 12 times the amount of 10 man guilds than 25 mans, so there's about 5 times as many 10 man raiders than 25 man raiders.
    Please don't tell BS...you and I have no idea. For all we know there are more less people in 25s on the forums.

Deleted
    was in a 25man but we went too 10man during firelands. made it so much easier since we had a few people holding the rest back that we had trouble replacing and some that just didnt show up without reason.

when we went 10man our progress exploded since we could actually aim forward agian instead patching up the team to be able to do the bosses we had already down.

Deleted
    Am in a 10 man guild, would like to go back to 25 mans but have no plans to move as i am content with both the group and our progress. Another reason is that i have an easier time recruiting people for 10 mans as i need less decent players to keep things rolling.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2013-01-05 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the 25man system, it seems a bit more forgiving and obviously gives you more Brez. It also just feels more epic to have more people going after some giant boss. However, they definitely are harder to fill and require more people coordinating time and things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Please don't tell BS...you and I have no idea. For all we know there are more less people in 25s on the forums.
    Its not BS. Polls on here have pretty consistently shown a higher percentage of 25 man players than what is seen in game.
    This one is no exception, with about twice as many 25 man raiders answering the poll than what you would expect, percentage wise.

By the way, here's where I got my data on the number of 10 and 25 man raids in game:
    http://www.wowprogress.com/encounter/stone-guard-25man
    http://www.wowprogress.com/encounter/stone-guard-10man

It pretty clearly shows exactly what I'm saying.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2013-01-05 at 10:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    dang, i was hoping for a 15 man answer. but a 15 would feel perfect.
    Same. I would really love a 15 man raid size. And only that. It would make balancing so much easier and the entire 10 vs 25 debate would stop.

Original, single difficulty, 40man raid setup.

I'm in a 10 man guild and honestly prefer that size. The only reason I'd want to be in a 25m at this point is that there are increasingly more level 90s signing up for a raid that we just don't have enough room for. So much so that it kind of drains the fun out of it when I think of who can't show up and who would be a better replacement for me.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    I am in a 10man guild but due to near dead server and people not able to play at the same time we are forced to do 2 10man groups.

Most people in the groups would like to do 25man alt runs as well but sadly at this time its simply not possible.

Don't take me wrong I like 10man. ALOT, but I miss playing 25man like I did in wrath.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

On my last CN server (med pop) we had one 25 man guild on our server, total. Both factions, one guild. Checking back, multiple 25s have popped up since the ilevel change.