Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

18 Days And No Response

so here's the whole story:

i was in game and been disconnected , i tried to log back in but it told me that my account has been banned , ive checked my e-mail but havent recieved any e-mail from blizzard , so i opened an online ticket and after 15 minutes or so my account has been some kind of removed or i dont know what it told me that this account does not exist when i tried to log in at battle..net , after 5-6 hours i have recieved an e-mail from blizzard that says the reason of ban was :

"This account was closed because one or more characters were identified exchanging, or contributing to the exchange of, in-game property (items or gold) for "real-world" currency. This exchange process negatively impacts the World of Warcraft game environment by detracting from the value of the in-game economy."

but the only gold trade i've done was from one of my characters to another toon in the same account and the amount was 35K.

so i called blizzard customer support phone number and they told me the gold trade wasnt the real reason for account clossure , the real reason was my account country (it was iran) , i told him yes my account country was iran because i created it back in 2007-2008 and then i was in iran but now i live in Czech Republic , he told me i cant do anything , you should send an e-mail to support-request(at)blizzard..com and prove them that you dont live in iran , so i sent an e-mail to this address and also attached my ID card + utility bill to prove that i live in Czech Republic , but i havent received any answer for 12 days. after 12 days i sent them another mail but no chance , its 18 days since my first mail but have not received an answer.

btw one of my toons is : Ánathema - Kazzak and the other is Wiino - Kazzak

can anyone help me with this? , what should i do? i put 5 years of my life into this account , and so much money

Sorry for bad english and the wall of text but i decided to tell the whole story so maybe someone can help me!
    Last edited by mmocb1f429a880; 2013-01-15 at 12:00 AM.

Deleted
    Can anyone help me on this please?
    Last edited by mmocb1f429a880; 2013-01-15 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by W1NO View Post
    Can anyone help me on this please?
    Welcome to the new Blizzard Entertainment. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do. They have been on a banning spree all year. Most you can do is call them again, and ask to speak to a manager or something but chances are you wont get no where. They dislike being wrong and from your original post, sounds like they are just chucking your emails into the deleted folder and ignoring you.

If you do call them, tell them that they appear to be completely ignoring your email attempts and demand some form of answer on the spot. That's all I can suggest.

All Iranian accounts are being banned? Sanctions?

Tried calling them again? Not sure how mmo-champion can help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call them again, dude!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    not much anyone on here can do for you. i found blizzards customer service on the phone to be quite good when ive used it, but their web support is usually very slow and unhelpful.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 01:58 AM ----------

maybe phone up again and ask about it, might be able to speed it up i dont know. but also dont forget the last 18days or so has been christmas/new year time, so probably less staff than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by W1NO View Post
    so here's the whole story:

i was in game and been disconnected , i tried to log back in but it told me that my account has been banned , ive checked my e-mail but havent recieved any e-mail from blizzard , so i opened an online ticket and after 15 minutes or so my account has been some kind of removed or i dont know what it told me that this account does not exist when i tried to log in at battle..net , after 5-6 hours i have recieved an e-mail from blizzard that says the reason of ban was :

"This account was closed because one or more characters were identified exchanging, or contributing to the exchange of, in-game property (items or gold) for "real-world" currency. This exchange process negatively impacts the World of Warcraft game environment by detracting from the value of the in-game economy."

but the only gold trade i've done was from one of my characters to another toon in the same account and the amount was 35K.

so i called blizzard customer support phone number and they told me the gold trade wasnt the real reason for account clossure , the real reason was my account country (it was iran) , i told him yes my account country was iran because i created it back in 2007-2008 and then i was in iran but now i live in Czech Republic , he told me i cant do anything , you should send an e-mail to support-request(at)blizzard..com and prove them that you dont live in iran , so i sent an e-mail to this address and also attached my ID card + utility bill to prove that i live in Czech Republic , but i havent received any answer for 12 days. after 12 days i sent them another mail but no chance , its 18 days since my first mail but have not received an answer.

btw one of my toons is : Ánathema - Kazzak and the other is Wiino - Kazzak

can anyone help me with this? , what should i do? i put 5 years of my life into this account , and so much money

Sorry for bad english and the wall of text but i decided to tell the whole story so maybe someone can help me!
    No other responses are needed you will not be getting your account back they just sent out the wrong automated message. Unfortunately in these cases you can prove all you want but I have yet to see an account closure reversed even if Iran is no longer your country of residence.

Just wait it happened to me before and I had to do almost the same stuff ,anyway it took them 10 days+ for an answer so just be patient ;(

10+ Year Old Account
    The one thing I've learned with blizzard entertainment, is just like anyone else, you get your lazy ass buttheads who can't be bothered to help anyone, and your others who take the time to try and help. You might also get those who try to help but are no good at it, and in a few case get someone who actually does.

A few weeks ago, I logged on and found all my store brought blizzard store battle pets, which I had paid for over the years, had stopped allow me to summon them. I asked a GM to help, and they never got back. so I asked again, and the next GM tried to offer some advice which didn't work. It wasn't until the third time I tried that a competent GM fixed the problem.

Any problem with wow and its account service can be sorted by blizzard employees. They just need to be beaten into submission to help you.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Welcome to the new Blizzard Entertainment. Unfortunately there isn't anything you can do. They have been on a banning spree all year. Most you can do is call them again, and ask to speak to a manager or something but chances are you wont get no where. They dislike being wrong and from your original post, sounds like they are just chucking your emails into the deleted folder and ignoring you.

If you do call them, tell them that they appear to be completely ignoring your email attempts and demand some form of answer on the spot. That's all I can suggest.
    This has nothing to do with the "new" Blizzard Entertainment. It is called economic sanctions and you would think as often as the "new" Blizzard Entertainment is called greedy it would be obvious to people that this isn't an ideal situation for Blizzard to lose paying customers due to federal law that they can not violate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    No other responses are needed you will not be getting your account back they just sent out the wrong automated message. Unfortunately in these cases you can prove all you want but I have yet to see an account closure reversed even if Iran is no longer your country of residence.
    They can't do that just because someone is in Iran or is Iranian. It's discrimnation.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 03:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    This has nothing to do with the "new" Blizzard Entertainment. It is called economic sanctions and you would think as often as the "new" Blizzard Entertainment is called greedy it would be obvious to people that this isn't an ideal situation for Blizzard to lose paying customers due to federal law that they can not violate.
    Federal law doesn't apply to Blizzard Europe, EU laws do. Anyway, laws that openly discrimnate certain groups of people wouldn't be legal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.

try reading the thread before adding your own bullshit. Blizzard following US sanctions has banned all Iranian based accounts. You can read all about it in this article (yes, I know it's from Fox News) http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/08...orld-warcraft/

Deleted
    You need to call them up again, tell them you have done what was asked, have your email at hand so you can tell them the day/time it was sent and hopefully they can redirect you to someone who can take care of it.
    Anyway, this is a big issue, due to UN and US sanctions, companies can't really take the risk of conducting business with Iranian residents, even if online, the fines and penalties are just tremendous.
    Good luck tho if you are indeed living outside of Iran.

Welcome to MMO-Champion, where people who hate WoW so much that they just jump in onto any opportunity to bash it, specially when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, /facepalm.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    They can't do that just because someone is in Iran or is Iranian. It's discrimnation.[COLOR="red"]
    Federal law doesn't apply to Blizzard Europe, EU laws do. Anyway, laws that openly discrimnate certain groups of people wouldn't be legal.
    You're borderline stupid, sanctions are not only legal but all around the world, there's sanctions against North Korea, Iran and several African countries, educate yourself, don't be an idiot.
    Last edited by mmoc9a374e54bb; 2013-01-15 at 02:31 AM.

They can't do that just because someone is in Iran or is Iranian. It's discrimnation.
    They most certainly can do that because the government they operate in will not allow them to do business with Iran.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is in line with Sanctions, Blizzard is a US company and regardless of where they have subsidiaries they are bound by US law, and international agreements in the enforcement of sanctions. You can call them up and plead your case but my guess is your account isnt worth the potential of a spot check by the State Department saying the account originated in Iran and you are in violation even if you live in the Czech republic.

---------- Post added 2013-01-14 at 06:44 PM ----------

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 03:25 AM ----------

Umm no, Activision Blizzard is a US company regardless of where subsidiaries operate and if you think the EU doesn't have some form of economic sanctions on Iran then wow...
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    You need to call them up again, tell them you have done what was asked, have your email at hand so you can tell them the day/time it was sent and hopefully they can redirect you to someone who can take care of it.
    Anyway, this is a big issue, due to UN and US sanctions, companies can't really take the risk of conducting business with Iranian residents, even if online, the fines and penalties are just tremendous.
    Good luck tho if you are indeed living outside of Iran.

Welcome to MMO-Champion, where people who hate WoW so much that they just jump in onto any opportunity to bash it, specially when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand, /facepalm.

You're borderline stupid, sanctions are not only legal but all around the world, there's sanctions against North Korea, Iran and several African countries, educate yourself, don't be an idiot.
    You're retarded if you believe discrimnation could be considered legal anywhere in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're retarded if you believe discrimnation could be considered legal anywhere in the world.
    There is a political difference between sanctions and discrimination, sanctions are covered by international law.

10+ Year Old Account
    you are mixing discrimination with economic sanctions.. Blizzard is a US company following US law restricting conducting business with Iran.. it has nothing to do with discrimination. There are 8 UN resolutions against Iran ranging from banking, trade and allowing sanctions as well as seperate US and EU sanctions. Warcraft is a victim of these either falling on commerce or technology, pick you poison.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

It's the same logic that americans are not allowed in cuba, and cuban merchandise is not allowed in the US. They're using their services, their people's business, and so on as a political bargining chip.

If you can prove you're not in Iraq anymore, they might let you off the hook.