Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by W1NO View Post
    First of all thanks for all your posts

about sanctions , i know about them but they are just for ppl that live in iran , but im living in czech republic atm.
    some told me to call them again , but when i first called them , they said we are not in position to help you and the one and only way you can get help is to send your info + prove to that e-mail and wait for them to answer.

even if they're not allowed to open my account for any reason , cant them just send me an e-mail and tell me we cant open it?
    They can, but they most likely wont. As I said, they don't like being proven wrong anymore, and they make their paying customers plead and beg for any kind of help. While I know it sucks having invested in characters for years, perhaps it is time to look into an alternative MMO? I would highly recommend Star Wars: The Old Republic. Their customer service, both in game and phone support is top notch compared to Blizzard. Who knows, maybe you will end up liking that game more.

Call them back they will probably give you an email address or a fax number to send your proof of residence to. You should just need to send them a bill or really anything that ties your name to where you currently live. That is what they asked for, so that is what you will need to provide.

Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    Call them, explain how much money you've put into this fucking game and make a scene, you'll probably get your account back.
    From someone who works in customer support, being calm and polite will work MUCH better than being a dick and throwing a tantrum at someone who isn't responsible for your problem and is just trying to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_light_uk View Post
    Shouldn't a IP trace prove where he's playing from ? Just a thought & since it would be consistent after the move, that in all theory prove he's no longer living in Iran.
    ( I'm sure some people in Iran get around the block with a proxy but I'm only theorizing this )

EDIT: I know they INSTA-BAN accounts say if the IP changes. I know they did with mine since I went to me mum's house and played there while I was looking after the pugs.
    I've never been banned and I've played at my parents house, at least 4 of my other friends houses my current house and my grandparents house which is 2 states away.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 12:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    From someone who works in customer support, being calm and polite will work MUCH better than being a dick and throwing a tantrum at someone who isn't responsible for your problem and is just trying to help.
    If you want a calm civilized discussion that results in nothing being done I'd agree... I often have to get nasty with people over the phone because they don't get their job done any other way, the nicer I try to be the faster they try to get me off the phone to get to their next complaint.

Now by nasty I don't mean cussing and shouting, for example I just had a dispute with AT&T because they wanted to charge me 250 bucks to upgrade my phone even though i was due for an upgrade, I told them I wasn't going to pay 250 extra dollars for something I'm due for just so I can continue paying you more money every month. long long long story short I got a manager on the phone and the 250 was waived.

Quote Originally Posted by lordmatthias View Post
    Call them back they will probably give you an email address or a fax number to send your proof of residence to. You should just need to send them a bill or really anything that ties your name to where you currently live. That is what they asked for, so that is what you will need to provide.
    i understand that you're trying to help , but could you please read the first post? thanks anyway
    Last edited by W1NO; 2013-01-15 at 07:23 PM.

No one here knows why it took 18 days. Since the thread has been three pages of mostly non-stop hostility there doesn't seem to be much of a point in it continuing especially since a resolution seems to be in the offing.
    Show respect even to people who don't deserve it; Not as a reflection of their character, but of yours.