Better ways to free up space

One of the problems with wow these days, is with the vast amount of content in it, there is getting to be less and less space for all the items we get to have ingame.
    Some players don't find this an issue since they don't collect things, they don't collect armor for transmog or collect soulbound vanity items, so it doesn't become a problem.

For those of us though who do like to spend there spare time in old raids collecting old gear they use to love so they can transmog it, getting vanity items from factions or quests, as well as getting a lot of offspec gear for some classes that can't use the same gear for all 3 specs, it becomes a hassle to try and make space in our bags, banks and void storage.

So, in what way can blizzard make it more accessable for the collectors in wow. I mean when you think of a game like skyrim for example, that has a system of spread out storage across the game, so you can store items in chests and containers across the place, and come back for them later on.

Obviously this might seem impractical in a game like wow.. or could it? Why can't blizzard arrange the banking system to be more spread out, so for example we could buy a bank slot in thunderbluff that doesn't contain any of the items in say orgrimmar, and properly utilize the banking system across azeroth.

What they could also do, is compact more items into systems, instead of having them take up bank space. Tabards has always been one that should be looked at the same as they once did the mounts and mini pets. Imagine if wow still had you only able to keep mounts in your inventory instead of in a drop down tab. So likewise, have a system of say vanity items, or such like the archiology items come in a drop down list instead of bank space.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

Id love if green/white vanity items became like pets/mounts, to use item A ud have to drag it from the list in ur bags if its like the Haunted Momento or for use things just click "Use/Summon/Equip"
    Same for transmog, have blue/epic 85 and lower items u could make collections, much like the equipment manager, when at the transmog NPC ud just pick like "Set 3" and it will go into the transmog slots
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

Blorch - Home of the Slaughtering Rat People
    A couple of ideas:

- Transmog Closet: Similar to void storage, except it costs money to -remove- the items rather than to put them in.
    - (As mentioned) Tabard Tab: In the style of the mount/pet tabs, save for tabards.
    - Profession Specific Bank Slots: Ones that you can pay to set to a paticular material type.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    - Thucydides

There is a modern myth that people have always tended towards democracy, constitutions, electoral rights; but in truth, love of freedom has never been the predominant note of popular politics. At most times, popular demand has been for a strong government.
    - Eugen Weber

I recall someone suggesting a "skin catalog" type thing. Where you could place (destroy items) and the skin would then be saved in a menu type thing to be used in transmog , and that it would display armor sets etc. I think it was on MMO-Champ I seen it or the WoW Forums. The guy even made some UI pictures to clear up how it would work and it was a brilliant idea. It saves space on data on the items (since you only want the item for transmog then you only want the skin anyway). Not sure what happened to that idea though.

Warchief
    This is one of the biggest issues in the game currently. Give us 36 slot bags already.
    And where are the 26 slot Windwool bags anyway?

I sell things o the auction house..our mailbox is also 'limitless' though you can only see 100 messages.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    I recall someone suggesting a "skin catalog" type thing. Where you could place (destroy items) and the skin would then be saved in a menu type thing to be used in transmog , and that it would display armor sets etc. I think it was on MMO-Champ I seen it or the WoW Forums. The guy even made some UI pictures to clear up how it would work and it was a brilliant idea. It saves space on data on the items (since you only want the item for transmog then you only want the skin anyway). Not sure what happened to that idea though.
    thats an awesome idea. Nobody cares about the stats to old items, they just want the look, so better to have the image of the item and destroy the original

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I sell things o the auction house..our mailbox is also 'limitless' though you can only see 100 messages.
    I do use the mail box to temp-store items like cooking, mining mats, skinning mats and so on. Bags are just not practical anymore.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

Give tabs to void storage, similar to guild bank, that alone would help tons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevra View Post
    It's a #$^&*@ fantasy game. You're a blue space goat riding around on flying serpents killing dragons the size of continents. And you're wondering why a gryphon doesn't look like an eagle?

I hope that someday blizz fix the size of the backpack. I would even pay gold for it.

Seriously, look how far in the game we are today and still our backpack has 16 slots?

Scaling backpack with milestone levels (60, 70, 80, 85, 90 and so on)
    Special spellbook for flavour items. This is the biggest space hog off them all imo.