Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

rogue dps ... how is it ?

hi folks ,
    just wondering im thinking of lvling my rogue in pandaland, but im constantly being told that their dps is low, the utility isnt really there compared to what other classes bring to the table,

my question is are rogue dps in a good place atm pve wise, im not a massive pvp beast as i suck at it bad lol but i enjoy pve, my prefered spec is combat but getting into assassination

just really want to know if our dps is up to par from some ppl who have actually dome some raids etc

thanks for any replys / help you can give

wikidsik !

Once geared, and by that I mean epics, our dps is just fine. Our problems are elsewhere. My dps the first couple weeks when everyone was in blues was on the lower end of the meter. Dps in dungeons while gearing in heroics was also a little on the low side (in guild groups, lfd groups most people are horrid so your class doesn't matter).

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your not trying for top 5 on the server your dps shouldn't matter anyways. Rogue dps is in pve is pretty good and if you like it play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rogue DPS is doing just fine; if you're not looking at a competitive raid position, you'll have no problem playing whatever spec you enjoy most, unless you get REALLY good weapons for the wrong spec and can't get ANYTHING for your preferred spec. Somewhat lacking in raid CDs (they're playing with smokebomb atm) but that hasn't stopped us from finding a place.

Don't expect fantastic damage before you're mostly in normal gear, but if you feel "behind" it should catch up really quick with weapons.

I was just fine in 463 gear. I wasn't pushing the same numbers as aff locks, fire mages (prenerf), or ele shaman at that gear level, but I wasn't far behind. You don't need normal gear to pull your weight with skilled players and crush terrible players.

Rogue DPS at high gear levels is fantastic. We have a shitload of applicable utility this tier too (albeit mostly personal utility).

Deleted
    Without gear, we're probably one of the worst classes there is. With the gear, we should be more than competitive.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replays much appreciated.

Sounds like I shouldnt have a problem with dps, its just that when your told by ppl and read these forums sometimes you lose faith, add to that the fact I havnt seen a rogue yet in this xpac

Illgive it a go see there it gets to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaAverageGamers View Post
    Thanks for the replays much appreciated.

Sounds like I shouldnt have a problem with dps, its just that when your told by ppl and read these forums sometimes you lose faith, add to that the fact I havnt seen a rogue yet in this xpac

Illgive it a go see there it gets to me
    Rogues have been feeling behind in pvp to a lot of people, and frankly, other classes are more shiny. I'm having a blast on my alts or at least what were my alts before, and I find little allure to hang to my rogue beyond a great theoretical personality and backstory.

If you're enjoying it, by all means play your rogue; we're doing JUST fine in PvE, and the patch is more likely to turn out as a minor (or major, depending on where smoke bomb goes) buff than anything else.

Deleted
    That's not to say we're "fine" - numbers are a non-issue with the class, it's how those numbers are generated which people complain about.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very strong if in the right hands

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    If your not trying for top 5 on the server your dps shouldn't matter anyways.
    This is a pretty stupid thing to say. More dps is helpful no matter what level of progression you're at. Having higher dps allows more mistakes and for many boss fights, lowers the burden on healers.

Anyhow, back on topic. Rogue dps at low gear levels is below average. However, we scale like mad, and in 5.2 I predict we'll be one of the top dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pull around 80k-85k single target on my rogue, plus I really like the style
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/Doozy/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    With 5.2 on the horizon, now would be a great time to level your rogue. We were considered OP at the end of Cata, so we got hit with the nerf bat harder than we should have been, and Blizzard has pretty much admitted to that fact. We should once again be considered among the fiercest of classes soon enough. Combat is looking very promising heading forward.

Deleted
    Cool ill givecit a shot then thanks again for the replays its disheartening sometimes to hear classes get slated so much I'm just glad some of the community hasn't lost faith and that rogues are still worthwhile hehe

Thanks again for the replays

Oh one more thing how is rogue at like pvo 88 -90 I hear its tough to lvl them because of heals n stuff or is that just bullshit ? Only what I'm hearing from forums n stuff

Cheers again guys
    Wikidsik

Quote Originally Posted by MegaAverageGamers View Post
    Cool ill givecit a shot then thanks again for the replays its disheartening sometimes to hear classes get slated so much I'm just glad some of the community hasn't lost faith and that rogues are still worthwhile hehe

Thanks again for the replays

Oh one more thing how is rogue at like pvo 88 -90 I hear its tough to lvl them because of heals n stuff or is that just bullshit ? Only what I'm hearing from forums n stuff

Cheers again guys
    Wikidsik
    The last couple Pandaria levels were pretty tough just because you have to be really careful about what you aggro. Be sure to watch what you're standing in, too, since wild mobs actually put bad stuff on the ground for once.

Deleted
    |----------------x----|

Right there.

Just glyph deadly momentum and leveling is a breeze. It lets you quest or grind without wasting too many combo points on SnD/Recuperate.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    That's not to say we're "fine" - numbers are a non-issue with the class, it's how those numbers are generated which people complain about.
    This is what you see mostly around the forums.

Wanna try the rogue class? Give it a try, you'll find it enjoyable and on par with the others in PvE, while we suffer a little in PvP.

Don't be feared by us and our comments; we're old grumpy people, and we just want something new for a class that after years of playing feel just stale and outdated compared to others.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    This is what you see mostly around the forums.

Wanna try the rogue class? Give it a try, you'll find it enjoyable and on par with the others in PvE, while we suffer a little in PvP.

Don't be feared by us and our comments; we're old grumpy people, and we just want something new for a class that after years of playing feel just stale and outdated compared to others.
    Speak for yourself. I'm young and grumpy.

Everyone i know keeps telling me i'm old even my gf :P
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.