Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    178,000 signatures against Bachmann reappointment to intelligence committee

    Apparently people have had enough of Michele Bachmann's bullshit.

    178,000 people signed a petition to prevent her reappointment to the HPSC on Intelligence.

    I'm pretty happy about this. Personally, the moment she started speaking I'd wished she'd stopped. I think she needs to do like Palin and just shut up, drop out of politics and drive her party bus around the country desperately attempting to get on TV.

  2. #2
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    10,510
    Her getting reelected was admittedly one of the saddest moments for me when looking at Americana politics.

  3. #3
    Honestly this doesn't seems half as bad compared to certain other congressman that got appointed to the Science committee while they don't believe in science....
    Last edited by ati87; 2013-01-15 at 12:56 AM. Reason: typo

  4. #4
    Fluffy Kitten conscript's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Jonesville, Michigan
    Posts
    10,443
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Honestly this doesn't seems half as bad compared to certain other congressman that appointed to the Science comity while they don't believe in science....
    Ya if you come out and say science is a tool of Satan while being an active member of the Science Committee you really, really need to take a step back and consider how people are appointed to these things. I can't even imagine how stupid our country must look to outsiders sometimes.

    As for Bachmann, I totally support he not being on any committees or being alive frankly. I was so disgusted when she got reelected. How is it possible that someone who tries to start a new era of McCarthyism can possibly be reelected.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Honestly this doesn't seems half as bad compared to certain other congressman that appointed to the Science comity while they don't believe in science....
    Baby steps.

    Paul Broun (One of the worst offenders), strangely, ran practically unopposed in 2012. This was AFTER his ridiculous statement about embryology being a lie straight from the pit of hell despite being a physician (?!).

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Garnier Fructis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Location:
    Posts
    5,045
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    As for Bachmann, I totally support he not being on any committees or being alive frankly. I was so disgusted when she got reelected. How is it possible that someone who tries to start a new era of McCarthyism can possibly be reelected.
    Because some people won't vote for a democrat no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
    Is physics forever relegated to reiterating integrals that can never approach the derivative limits of true reality?
    Quote Originally Posted by auBerg View Post
    You are a certified crackpot that is subservient to the manipulators of science who are dreaming to control knowledge.

  7. #7
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    10,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Baby steps.

    Paul Broun (One of the worst offenders), strangely, ran practically unopposed in 2012. This was AFTER his ridiculous statement about embryology being a lie straight from the pit of hell despite being a physician (?!).
    Not as bad as Doctor Mercola, who disavows the medical benefits of any medication approved by the FDA while selling you infrared pens that he claims can diagnose cancer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Because some people won't vote for a democrat no matter what.
    It seems like this last election cycle in the US, more and more Republicans (And democrats, but to a lesser degree) were choosing to become political moderates.

  8. #8
    Old God apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    10,907
    In other news the death star got shot down....It could have created jobs man...jobs...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  9. #9
    I wonder if Feminists are angry at Bachmann for being a dumb women in congress, or happy because shes a women in congress.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I wonder if Feminists are angry at Bachmann for being a dumb women in congress, or happy because shes a women in congress.
    They probably ignore the fact that she exists.

    Seriously, Bachmann needs to just shut the fuck up and be a pair of tits. A token woman at the RNC (Because that's the only kind of woman that would be in the current GOP).

  11. #11
    Moderator Kasierith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St Petersburg
    Posts
    10,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I wonder if Feminists are angry at Bachmann for being a dumb women in congress, or happy because shes a women in congress.
    Being a good congressman is completely independent of your gender. Same with being an idiot in politics.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    3,413
    You could get 178,000 Americans to sign a petition to make Hitler's birthday a holiday (probably wouldn't even need to leave California). Doesn't mean a thing.

    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    In other news the death star got shot down....It could have created jobs man...jobs...
    That is outrageous! All the talk about investment, and they won't even use more natural rescourses than exist on the entire planet to build one little old Death Star? Hypocrisy I say!
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2013-01-15 at 01:10 AM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Her getting reelected was admittedly one of the saddest moments for me when looking at Americana politics.
    It's kind of like Pelosi. It's frightening the candidates parties are willing to put forward in districts they know they'll win. You'd think they'd at least pick someone better from their own party, but apparently not.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    You could get 178,000 Americans to sign a petition to make Hitler's birthday a holiday (probably wouldn't even need to leave California). Doesn't mean a thing.
    It does when you're an elected representative. No matter how stupid a representative you may be (Boehner) you still have to seriously consider the fact that 178,000 people signed this petition.

  15. #15
    The Lightbringer DEATHETERNAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    USA, more fascist every day
    Posts
    3,413
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    It does when you're an elected representative. No matter how stupid a representative you may be (Boehner) you still have to seriously consider the fact that 178,000 people signed this petition.
    If the signatures were all from her district or at least in her state, then you would. Nationwide on the other hand is meaningless.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

  16. #16
    I am Murloc! Alenarien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Antrim, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    It does when you're an elected representative. No matter how stupid a representative you may be (Boehner) you still have to seriously consider the fact that 178,000 people signed this petition.
    Still only 0.05712600047965943% of the American population, not that I disagree with the premise of the petition.
    In keeping silent about evil, in burying it so deep within us that no sign of it appears on the surface, we are implanting it, and it will rise up a thousand fold in the future. When we neither punish nor reproach evildoers, we are not simply protecting their trivial old age, we are thereby ripping the foundations of justice from beneath new generations.” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago 1918-1956

  17. #17
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    13,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Her getting reelected was admittedly one of the saddest moments for me when looking at Americana politics.
    One word: Gerrymandering. The districts are designed, disgustingly btw, to ensure that politicians get reelected. And there are a lot of morons in her district who would die before voting for a D.

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Still only 0.05712600047965943% of the American population, not that I disagree with the premise of the petition.
    Exactly, pointlessly small number and she will laugh at it when she hears about it.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    If the signatures were all from her district or at least in her state, then you would. Nationwide on the other hand is meaningless.
    Doesn't matter. You're talking about a committee that designs policy for the entire nation.

  20. #20
    Immortal mistuhbull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Quel'Thalas
    Posts
    7,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Exactly, pointlessly small number and she will laugh at it when she hears about it.
    I'm sure there are more than 178k muslims in the US for her to scapegoat
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

    I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •