Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

178,000 signatures against Bachmann reappointment to intelligence committee

Apparently people have had enough of Michele Bachmann's bullshit.

178,000 people signed a petition to prevent her reappointment to the HPSC on Intelligence.

I'm pretty happy about this. Personally, the moment she started speaking I'd wished she'd stopped. I think she needs to do like Palin and just shut up, drop out of politics and drive her party bus around the country desperately attempting to get on TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her getting reelected was admittedly one of the saddest moments for me when looking at Americana politics.

Honestly this doesn't seems half as bad compared to certain other congressman that got appointed to the Science committee while they don't believe in science....
    Last edited by ati87; 2013-01-15 at 12:56 AM. Reason: typo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Honestly this doesn't seems half as bad compared to certain other congressman that appointed to the Science comity while they don't believe in science....
    Ya if you come out and say science is a tool of Satan while being an active member of the Science Committee you really, really need to take a step back and consider how people are appointed to these things. I can't even imagine how stupid our country must look to outsiders sometimes.

As for Bachmann, I totally support he not being on any committees or being alive frankly. I was so disgusted when she got reelected. How is it possible that someone who tries to start a new era of McCarthyism can possibly be reelected.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Honestly this doesn't seems half as bad compared to certain other congressman that appointed to the Science comity while they don't believe in science....
    Baby steps.

Paul Broun (One of the worst offenders), strangely, ran practically unopposed in 2012. This was AFTER his ridiculous statement about embryology being a lie straight from the pit of hell despite being a physician (?!).

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    As for Bachmann, I totally support he not being on any committees or being alive frankly. I was so disgusted when she got reelected. How is it possible that someone who tries to start a new era of McCarthyism can possibly be reelected.
    Because some people won't vote for a democrat no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Baby steps.

Paul Broun (One of the worst offenders), strangely, ran practically unopposed in 2012. This was AFTER his ridiculous statement about embryology being a lie straight from the pit of hell despite being a physician (?!).
    Not as bad as Doctor Mercola, who disavows the medical benefits of any medication approved by the FDA while selling you infrared pens that he claims can diagnose cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Because some people won't vote for a democrat no matter what.
    It seems like this last election cycle in the US, more and more Republicans (And democrats, but to a lesser degree) were choosing to become political moderates.

15+ Year Old Account
    In other news the death star got shot down....It could have created jobs man...jobs...
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I wonder if Feminists are angry at Bachmann for being a dumb women in congress, or happy because shes a women in congress.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I wonder if Feminists are angry at Bachmann for being a dumb women in congress, or happy because shes a women in congress.
    They probably ignore the fact that she exists.

Seriously, Bachmann needs to just shut the fuck up and be a pair of tits. A token woman at the RNC (Because that's the only kind of woman that would be in the current GOP).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    Being a good congressman is completely independent of your gender. Same with being an idiot in politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    You could get 178,000 Americans to sign a petition to make Hitler's birthday a holiday (probably wouldn't even need to leave California). Doesn't mean a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    In other news the death star got shot down....It could have created jobs man...jobs...
    That is outrageous! All the talk about investment, and they won't even use more natural rescourses than exist on the entire planet to build one little old Death Star? Hypocrisy I say!
    Last edited by DEATHETERNAL; 2013-01-15 at 01:10 AM.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Her getting reelected was admittedly one of the saddest moments for me when looking at Americana politics.
    It's kind of like Pelosi. It's frightening the candidates parties are willing to put forward in districts they know they'll win. You'd think they'd at least pick someone better from their own party, but apparently not.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    You could get 178,000 Americans to sign a petition to make Hitler's birthday a holiday (probably wouldn't even need to leave California). Doesn't mean a thing.
    It does when you're an elected representative. No matter how stupid a representative you may be (Boehner) you still have to seriously consider the fact that 178,000 people signed this petition.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does when you're an elected representative. No matter how stupid a representative you may be (Boehner) you still have to seriously consider the fact that 178,000 people signed this petition.
    If the signatures were all from her district or at least in her state, then you would. Nationwide on the other hand is meaningless.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Still only 0.05712600047965943% of the American population, not that I disagree with the premise of the petition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    One word: Gerrymandering. The districts are designed, disgustingly btw, to ensure that politicians get reelected. And there are a lot of morons in her district who would die before voting for a D.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Still only 0.05712600047965943% of the American population, not that I disagree with the premise of the petition.
    Exactly, pointlessly small number and she will laugh at it when she hears about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    If the signatures were all from her district or at least in her state, then you would. Nationwide on the other hand is meaningless.
    Doesn't matter. You're talking about a committee that designs policy for the entire nation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Exactly, pointlessly small number and she will laugh at it when she hears about it.
    I'm sure there are more than 178k muslims in the US for her to scapegoat
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.