Thread: cpu fan error?

cpu fan error?

I've been having a little problem for the past 2 weeks or so (computer is a year old).

When i first turn on the computer in a morning(only the first time or after the computer has been off a while) it gives me an error saying cpu fan error, press f1 to run setup....However the cpu fan is running and the temperatures for the cpu are normal (30degrees-60 degrees depending on load) and I've tried multiple fans but it does the same for them all>.< Also it can be fixed by simply turning it off and then turning it on again and it will load correctly.

Any ideas whats causing it to display the error? Not a serious problem but getting a tad annoying the morning :S I was possibly thinking it could be a bios setting that may have caused it but tried defaults and it still does it

http://i.imgur.com/yHksc.jpg

Sorry about the image, i had to take it with my phone >.<

Check if you have CPU fan monitoring or Q-Fan Control enabled in the BIOS and disable them.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerzzzz View Post
    Check if you have CPU fan monitoring or Q-Fan Control enabled in the BIOS and disable them.
    ^- This. I had same issue when I had a 3pin CPU fan that was connected to external controller. Just disable the fan monitoring you have on your BIOS and the error should stop.

Ok, I've disabled CPU q fan, I'll see how it goes tomorrow :P