Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

5.2 Transmogrification Rules = New Markets for Weapons?

Now that Main-hand and Off-hand weapons cease to exist, certain weapons will go up substantially in price in 5.2.

My immediate thought is of the Blade of Wizardry. It's essentially a glowier version of Teebu's Blazing Longsword. It's now finally one-handed.

Therefore, the price will likely skyrocket. Luckily, I bought one long ago for 6k! Sadly, I only bought one.

Thoughts? Other similar weapons?
    Last edited by Zeglo; 2013-01-15 at 05:34 AM.

Hrm, I should start camping the AH for that Blade then. I got one for personal use for 4k. If nothing else I need one for my DK besides my Lock now, ideally before any possible price spike. Haven't seen another one that cheap, unfortunately ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    You do know you can simply get it to drop in that Outland naga dungeon?

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    You do know you can simply get it to drop in that Outland naga dungeon?
    Some folks don't like farming for stuff and have the gold to not have to farm.

I actually have farmed for a few BC items and haven't had good luck getting them, so I just check the AH periodically.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it, like, 20% drop, "nothing special" kind of item?

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well most of the BOP weapons actually look better than the BOE weapons, so no...

I'm just glad I can now transmog my swords/axes into maces. Maces fit paladin SOOOO much more!

I think you're confusing it with the BLUE "glowing" sword from The Slave Pens. this one is a TBC World drop, don't know where else you've got that 20% from.
    made by Shyama

Spellfire Longsword has a 17 percent drop rate from normal mode Slave Pens, yeah.

Looks good enough to me considering how easy it is to get in comparison to the world drop items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeglo View Post
    Now that Main-hand and Off-hand weapons cease to exist, certain weapons will go up substantially in price in 5.2.
    My immediate thought is of the Blade of Wizardry. It's essentially a glowier version of Teebu's Blazing Longsword. It's now finally one-handed.
    Therefore, the price will likely skyrocket. Luckily, I bought one long ago for 6k! Sadly, I only bought one.
    Thoughts? Other similar weapons?
    Yeah,i cant recall the name...the caster mh sword from FL trash(made of flaming rock!).Its big and its on flames,no need to say more.Expect a realy big raise in demand (and therefore in price).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Spellfire Longsword has a 17 percent drop rate from normal mode Slave Pens, yeah.

Looks good enough to me considering how easy it is to get in comparison to the world drop items.
    Exxxactly!

I see thousands of people sporting these quite soon...

Aren't all 2handers inter xmogable too now? Aside from polearms to staves and vice verse?
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Most definitely it will open a bit of a new market. Or just stimulate the current one. I too won an auction for blade of wizardry for 5k. Next day after the patch notes. It went up to 25k on my realm. Still can't decide if I want to sell it since im already well off. It does have a nice light-saber look.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Aren't all 2handers inter xmogable too now? Aside from polearms to staves and vice verse?
    Yes, as long as they share the same animation.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Yes, as long as they share the same animation.
    What do you mean same animation? Can't I take any 2handed Mace and make it look like any 2handed Axe for example?
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean same animation? Can't I take any 2handed Mace and make it look like any 2handed Axe for example?
    Yeah you can make a 2hand axe look like a 2hand mace or 2hand sword (or viceversa)

And when he say "as long as they have the same animation" he means that the animations used for those weapons are the same, for example and orc warrior use the same animation to attack with a 2hand sword, axe and mace, but the animation is different if he use a polearm.
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-01-15 at 03:58 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say weapon prices will go through the roof for all swords, maces, and axes. Especially the BC epic weapons.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah you can make a 2hand axe look like a 2hand mace or 2hand sword (or viceversa)

And when he say "as long as they have the same animation" he means that the animations used for those weapons are the same, for example and orc warrior use the same animation to attack with a 2hand sword, axe and mace, but the animation is different if he use a polearm.
    1h maces, axes, and swords can be interchanged.
    2h maces, axes, and swords can be interchanged.
    bow, xbow, and gun can be interchanged. (old news)
    fist weapons cannot be interchanged.
    staves cannot be interchanged.
    daggers cannot be interchanged.
    polearm cannot be interchanged.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2013-01-15 at 04:19 PM.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'd say weapon prices will go through the roof for all swords, maces, and axes. Especially the BC epic weapons.
    BC weapons aren't selling for crap now, including the ones not effected by the MH/OH rules, why would they sell in 5.2?
    A whole lot of BoP stuff that used to be restricted will now be getting farmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:18 AM ----------

1h maces, axes, and swords can be interchanged.
    2h maces, axes, and swords can be interchanged.
    bow, xbow, and gun can be interchanged. (old news)
    fist weapons cannot be interchanged.
    staves cannot be interchanged.
    daggers cannot be interchanged.
    polearm cannot be interchanged.
    Yeah i know, also it seens that Blizzard wants to make stave and polearm interchanged, but it haven't been implemented in the PTR yet

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    BC weapons aren't selling for crap now, including the ones not effected by the MH/OH rules, why would they sell in 5.2?
    A whole lot of BoP stuff that used to be restricted will now be getting farmed.
    True, but it make get a little expencier, cause there will be more people wanting those items, so also there will be more people farming them to sell them, and with these the prices will go up (i don't think it will be really expencive but the prices will raise)

Hopefully some days polearms will be interchangeable with the others, DK with certain polearms look badass.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

Hopefully some days polearms will be interchangeable with the others, DK with certain polearms look badass.
    From the other side, feral druids used to be able to use the occasional two-handed mace, and I still have a few of them stored up for sentimental purposes. An old Earthwarden and the mace we got from the Quel'delar questline, in particular. I really don't care about being able to swap between staves and polearms, but being able to bring the maces out of retirement would be great.