Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Pit Lord Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,481

    Account wide reputation?

    Hey.

    I have a question:

    I thought i have been reading something about reputation is going to be account wide?

    Is this correct or was the thing i read about the achievements of reputations getting account wide? (like they are now)

    Because i have alot of reps on my old mail character from good old times, and ofcourse current times.

    And lol if i must do them all on my new class again that would take ages and would be dreadfull :P

    If anyone know, thanks!

  2. #2
    From what I understand...

    if you got any rep achievements, such as titles/mounts/etc, they will be account-wide now. Though, some are limited to only one character, such as the old TBC raid titles and others are locked until your alt hits the appropriate lvl in order to qualify for the title (such as a title from ICC cannot be displayed on, say, a lvl 55 alt until they hit 80).

  3. #3
    Legendary! The Glitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Litwak's Arcade Sunny Scotland!
    Posts
    6,138
    Reps aren't account wide sadly. You have to do them over if you want them on a different toon and to get the rewards, though the MOP rep commendations makes getting alts reps up much faster now^

  4. #4
    Pit Lord Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,481
    Yes i know about the commendations, but i would like to see all the bars filled on my new chars.

    That is what i ment, and i thought i was reading something before on that matter.

    But it seems not > hope they will eventualy.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    2,741
    Account wide rep = even less to do = very bad idea..

    MoP rep is already too fast to get, with the commendations..
    E.g. the last toon I levelled, was at 13k/21k revered with Klaxxi when he dinged 90, and there was still yellow quests to do.
    Same toon was 2k/21k revered with Shado-Pan when he left Townlong at 89.. Without commentations, you end up ~100 rep short of honored.
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-01-15 at 07:38 AM.

  6. #6
    Pit Lord Azerox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    2,481
    Some people have more to do in a day then play games all day long.

    So i would love it, and omg playing a second char and doing everything again is way to dreadfull.

    Must not even think about a 3rth character lol > and what about my old reps? > do that again also?

    I have 1-2 hours max a day to play, and i want to do more then doing dailys only.

  7. #7
    Yeah.. wow is not the only thing I have to do in a day! So I would like to see rep going accountwide also.

  8. #8
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,556
    I'd love for reputation to become account-wide. It has nothing to do with the MOP reputation for me; I'll farm dailies if I have too. What I want is my Conqueror Title and Pre-BC PvP title on my now main character.

    I swapped my main at the end of TBC. So it'd be nice to have it all across the account because I did it non-the-less and want to show that on my current character.
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast WoW
    Youtube Some old UIs care#2582
    Stream (WoW most evenings now) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) EU-Horde

  9. #9
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    90
    And thus removing the need to have a main anymore.. no consequences for people who want to roll a new class every other week. This was something I liked about the game, you had one char and you made him no1, the best you had, all your efforts went into getting him to the top etc etc. If you suddenly decided meh this class isn't the best or im bored of it, you rerolled and started from the start, this would make you think before doing so. Was it really worth it. Blizzard even endorsed this idea themselves and was the point of it.
    I was really into getting achievements and collecting mounts/companion pets prior to the account wide crap introduction, it lost any meaning for pe
    Of course its a different game, the vast majority don't want to wipe on a hard boss for more than a few tries and when challenged on it go for the same old lines of 'i have a life, it's just a game, its over tuned' etc etc, or really anything that takes time etc Everything must happen yesterday, with as little effort and time.

    These people never seem to see how much this takes away from the game, but then again at this stage there isn't much left to take away from so they will probably just go ahead and do it eventually.

    In my eyes I just see the game becoming more of a big blur where nothing stands out as being different, no matter what 'path' you choose or class you pick you'll end up with the same thing because everything has been morphed into one.

    And no I'm not an elites or hardcore (not anymore at least).. I've a full time job and a life, so that argument is null before it's thrown out. Just my view on this account wide crap people seem to want for everything these days. I understand for people who need to have an alt of everything in game but regardless I do not think it benefits the game in the manner people seem to think it does for themselves.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Nag View Post
    I was really into getting achievements and collecting mounts/companion pets prior to the account wide crap introduction, it lost any meaning for pe
    You are still the person putting in the effort in getting all those achievements and mounts.pets and all the other stuff; that didn't change.

    What did change is that all that effort will not go to waste when you choose to use another of your characters as your main. You are still the person who did all of that, you now get to enjoy it on another char of your choice. You're not bound to that one char and you don't have to hestitate to change your main because you don't enjoy that class anymore, you are free to choose the char you want to play and still enjoy the fruits of all effort you put in in the past.

    Personally I like this very much, as wow has more to offer that only 1 char/race/class. We can enjoy all classes with the mounts we earned in the past.
    For me the player stays the same, whatever char he wishes to log on. All his/her effort should show on all of his chars.

  11. #11
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    You are still the person putting in the effort in getting all those achievements and mounts.pets and all the other stuff; that didn't change.

    What did change is that all that effort will not go to waste when you choose to use another of your characters as your main. You are still the person who did all of that, you now get to enjoy it on another char of your choice. You're not bound to that one char and you don't have to hestitate to change your main because you don't enjoy that class anymore, you are free to choose the char you want to play and still enjoy the fruits of all effort you put in in the past.

    Personally I like this very much, as wow has more to offer that only 1 char/race/class. We can enjoy all classes with the mounts we earned in the past.
    For me the player stays the same, whatever char he wishes to log on. All his/her effort should show on all of his chars.
    I've never changed my main since the day I started, but I disagree and I am sure not many will agree but that is my view on it. I think these editions just add to the ever increasing changes to the game that while they might seem good on the surface in the end add to the game becoming less interesting to people who are playing it. There's no investing in your characters anymore, there's no way to word the following without it sounding 'silly/weird'.. before you would grow attached to your character/main.
    The game now promotes more of a 'meh' attitude to most things in it. Like ah this is boring NEXT.. this is to hard.. NEXT. There's no consequence to rolling another char, yes again it's fine for altaholics and people who get bored every 10 mins or if their class isn't op this week or what not.

    For me personally the game keeps progressing in a negative way, and again before anyone goes 'no ones forcing you to play', I know. But I've put a number of years into my character so I still enjoy some aspects but not a lot.

    Again just giving my view, I can see from both sides of the coin. I just think people on the other side cannot see the bad side of it.
    Last edited by Nag; 2013-01-15 at 01:45 PM.

  12. #12
    I don't see any reason why account wide reps would be a bad thing. Make it sort of a Legacy thing where all of your characters are in a family and share their stories and excursions together regardless which character you're actually playing.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Nag View Post
    And thus removing the need to have a main anymore.. no consequences for people who want to roll a new class every other week. This was something I liked about the game, you had one char and you made him no1, the best you had, all your efforts went into getting him to the top etc etc. If you suddenly decided meh this class isn't the best or im bored of it, you rerolled and started from the start, this would make you think before doing so. Was it really worth it. Blizzard even endorsed this idea themselves and was the point of it.
    I was really into getting achievements and collecting mounts/companion pets prior to the account wide crap introduction, it lost any meaning for pe
    Of course its a different game, the vast majority don't want to wipe on a hard boss for more than a few tries and when challenged on it go for the same old lines of 'i have a life, it's just a game, its over tuned' etc etc, or really anything that takes time etc Everything must happen yesterday, with as little effort and time.

    These people never seem to see how much this takes away from the game, but then again at this stage there isn't much left to take away from so they will probably just go ahead and do it eventually.

    In my eyes I just see the game becoming more of a big blur where nothing stands out as being different, no matter what 'path' you choose or class you pick you'll end up with the same thing because everything has been morphed into one.

    And no I'm not an elites or hardcore (not anymore at least).. I've a full time job and a life, so that argument is null before it's thrown out. Just my view on this account wide crap people seem to want for everything these days. I understand for people who need to have an alt of everything in game but regardless I do not think it benefits the game in the manner people seem to think it does for themselves.
    one of the strengths of our guild is in that all of our players have enough alts to swap in for any particular fight that may call for a slightly different mix rather than having to look for a completely different player.





    There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

  14. #14
    Brewmaster xindykawai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lost in the twisting nether
    Posts
    1,485
    the only thing i know about rep to be account-wide is the commendation and its a good addition tbh... but anything more than that, no ty :/ like some have stated, more account-wide thingy=less thing to do and i do feel they want mop to be very grindy.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Nag View Post
    And thus removing the need to have a main anymore.. no consequences for people who want to roll a new class every other week. This was something I liked about the game, you had one char and you made him no1, the best you had, all your efforts went into getting him to the top etc etc. If you suddenly decided meh this class isn't the best or im bored of it, you rerolled and started from the start, this would make you think before doing so. Was it really worth it. Blizzard even endorsed this idea themselves and was the point of it.
    I was really into getting achievements and collecting mounts/companion pets prior to the account wide crap introduction, it lost any meaning for pe
    Of course its a different game, the vast majority don't want to wipe on a hard boss for more than a few tries and when challenged on it go for the same old lines of 'i have a life, it's just a game, its over tuned' etc etc, or really anything that takes time etc Everything must happen yesterday, with as little effort and time.

    These people never seem to see how much this takes away from the game, but then again at this stage there isn't much left to take away from so they will probably just go ahead and do it eventually.

    In my eyes I just see the game becoming more of a big blur where nothing stands out as being different, no matter what 'path' you choose or class you pick you'll end up with the same thing because everything has been morphed into one.

    And no I'm not an elites or hardcore (not anymore at least).. I've a full time job and a life, so that argument is null before it's thrown out. Just my view on this account wide crap people seem to want for everything these days. I understand for people who need to have an alt of everything in game but regardless I do not think it benefits the game in the manner people seem to think it does for themselves.
    1st point: Mains as an idea were removed from the game in 3.0. (of course now they are a little more encouraged) The addition of heirlooms got rid of the idea of having a main. Recruit a friend smashed it into the ground.

    2nd point: How exactly has this "taken away" from the game IN THE LEAST? If anything it adds to the lure to play... once I get bored of my main I don't have to worry about grinding tons of rep that I've already gotten before. Just because you were 18 with no job able to play 12 hours a day to grind rep doesn't mean everyone was/is. The point is, the grinds are already super repetitive... why make us repeat what we've already repeated so many times again and again. Once I'VE accomplished it, I shouldn't have to repeat it. Its all just more and more repetition... same thing with expansions, more and more repeating of the same bullshit.

    3rd point: Rather than make the effort, blizzard did a really hack ass job of providing us with "account-wide" achievements. They took the existing system and just piggy backed on top of it. Nothing about any of it is truly account wide, everything is still saved on a per character basis on the realms. To this effect, I don't think they would be able to provide us with account wide rep, simply because there isn't an "account-wide" system in place to store this information like you would think there would be.
    Last edited by FattyXP; 2013-01-15 at 03:07 PM.


  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    1st point: Mains as an idea were removed from the game in 3.0. (of course now they are a little more encouraged) The addition of heirlooms got rid of the idea of having a main. Recruit a friend smashed it into the ground.

    2nd point:How exactly has this "taken away" from the game IN THE LEAST? If anything it adds to the lure to play... once I get bored of my main I don't have to worry about grinding tons of rep that I've already gotten before. Just because you were 18 with no job able to play 12 hours a day to grind rep doesn't mean everyone was/is. The point is, the grinds are already super repetitive... why make us repeat what we've already repeated so many times again and again. Once I'VE accomplished it, I shouldn't have to repeat it. Its all just more and more repetition... same thing with expansions, more and more repeating of the same bullshit.
    Does that mean once you're fully geared on 1 toon they should just mail you the same ilvl gear on all your toons?

  17. #17
    No, because gearing is RNG. Rep grinds aren't RNG. Do this x times = exalted. Its a grind. Gearing isn't a grind, you could be geared in a week or a year. Plus... this is REPUTATION. I've already earned the REPUTATION (IE, word of mouth about ME) so when I roll back up I should be treated like i saved those lil pandas 800 million times like I have already.
    Last edited by FattyXP; 2013-01-15 at 03:12 PM.


  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Yes i know about the commendations, but i would like to see all the bars filled on my new chars.

    That is what i meant, and i thought i was reading something before on that matter.

    But it seems not > hope they will eventually.
    Each Character is his own person. If you are level one, there is no way you can already be exalted with 60 races. I think it should stay that way. The title thing is more of a courtesy. When you roll a new toon, you are no longer your main, which means you are starting from scratch. If they ever changed that, I would really feel bad for the game. Then, instead of getting rep and questing, people would just ramrod through Dungeons from 15-90 and not even bother to do anything but power level and raid.

  19. #19
    The Insane Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    15,465
    Reputation, has long been a reflection of what one achieved with their character. Individual progress was (for the most part still is) a key feature of the game as a whole. I cannot comprehend to remove it.... In my opinion, Blizzard either needs to find other means for alts and new players to catch up, but needs to stop to make everything even easier, and at the same time meaningless to those who put time and efforts into anything.
    What would be the point of keep going and putting said efforts into it again, when one knows, down the road it wont matter anymore anyway. Sooner or later it becomes a freebie.... Sorry, that removes all motivation.

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Some people have more to do in a day then play games all day long.
    Then do not play or play at your own level.

    If you play 2 hours per day, you do not deserve to achieve what other player might achieve in 4 hours. You should have to spend double time to have it as he did.


    Plain simple.




    HOWEVER....in my opinion, reputation account wide should work for the past expansions. If you have all reputations up to exalted from vanilla/TBC and WotLK you should be able to acc/wide it, because there's no point on grinding those reputations anymore, and even if you did, it would make no sense because it's way too easy now. They could leave the last expansion out of the pack, why? because it's not really old, it could be considered old when we are done with MoP and so on with each new X pack.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •