Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Hey.

I have a question:

I thought i have been reading something about reputation is going to be account wide?

Is this correct or was the thing i read about the achievements of reputations getting account wide? (like they are now)

Because i have alot of reps on my old mail character from good old times, and ofcourse current times.

And lol if i must do them all on my new class again that would take ages and would be dreadfull :P

If anyone know, thanks!
    Why "and lol if i must do them all again" attitude? No one forces you to do anything, you have the free will to choose what to do. Why, WHY do people keep whining and begging for account wide reputation? I have 60 Exalted Reputations on my main, but i want to play my Alt character, it's fine, no one is forcing me to grind the reputations all over again

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey.

I have a question:

I thought i have been reading something about reputation is going to be account wide?

Is this correct or was the thing i read about the achievements of reputations getting account wide? (like they are now)

Because i have alot of reps on my old mail character from good old times, and ofcourse current times.

And lol if i must do them all on my new class again that would take ages and would be dreadfull :P

If anyone know, thanks!
    ACHIEVEMENTS are account wide.
    REPUTATIONS aren't.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Achievements are acct wide, but not the rep itself.

I dunno, I am actually enjoying a main meaning something now. If they make rep acct wide, there won't be much to do at a certain point and people will complain because they are bored with their free gear and lfr. Also, with the commendations, rep isn't hard to get on alts. Just take it casual. I don't do dailies but once a week, and I have all my reps at revered/exalted save the August Celestials.

When one is capped, slowly do the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishtara View Post

I dunno, I am actually enjoying a main meaning something now. If they make rep acct wide, there won't be much to do at a certain point and people will complain because they are bored with their free gear and lfr. Also, with the commendations, rep isn't hard to get on alts. Just take it casual. I don't do dailies but once a week, and I have all my reps at revered/exalted save the August Celestials.

What sucks is when you are like me... and didn't level through questing in Pandaria. It sure as hell isn't a nice short walk in the park getting revered with the new reps, even with the bonuses it takes time. In hindsight I just should have quested to level, but I'm so GD sick of questing in this game I can't bring myself to do it. Half the time I log on and just sit in town, cause all I have to do are dailies or LFR with no loot chances(I literally fall asleep during these), or the insanely not fun horribly balanced PvP the game has right now.

Rep should be account wide, imo. I find it hard to believe Blizzard when they say people are playing alts to experience content again. For the most part, people probably play alts to perform a role their main can't, or to experience the content from a different perspective (melee dps versus caster, etc.) As far as I'm concerned, everything except the gear your characters wear should be account wide (currency, rep, etc.) so people can play what they want, whenever they want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    Honestly, anyone who goes for their Loremaster title is already ahead of the pack. Also, it helps if you have been playing through every expansion as you had more time at max level to grind rep with raids (like MC, AQ40, Firelands, etc). Not sure what people just don't get about this game. You roll a character, that character either maxxes out cause you put in the effort, or they are a lvl 90 raid beast with 2500 achievement points. It's just like gear from VP or toys from Archaeology. If you want it, put in the effort. You should not have it just handed away like a leftover lunch.

Just my take on it. Each toon is an individual and the only thing account wide titles and mounts did was make people even more needy for account wide items and rep.
    In all honesty if that char in your signature is your main then you have no right whatsoever to talk about effort, you don't even know the meaning of the word. You a 8k achievment hero in green gear are criticizing and calling people lazy who have nearly twice as many achievments as you do and gear they actually worked for.

People don't get stuff thrown at them or want to have stuff they didn't earn, they already did that (something you never did) and merely do not want to be forced to do it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishtara View Post

This isn't just about the Pandaria reputations but about reputations in general for me. Have fun farming Warsong Gulch reputation slowly once a week, we can see how long that will take you. Or how about Arathi Basin? If you want something easier and faster I'd advise you to farm bloodsail buncaneers and then do the Steemwheedle cartel and Ravenholdt, enjoy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Maybe my main tells all of those factions, "This guy's cool, he's with me!"
    And that would be why you gain reputation faster on an alt once you're exalted on your main.

More generally, if you only have an hour or so to play every day (like me), there's enough to do just keeping your main up-to-date.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-01-15 at 09:11 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    And that would be why you gain reputation faster on an alt once you're exalted on your main.

More generally, if you only have an hour or so to play every day (like me), there's enough to do just keeping your main up-to-date.
    Which is exactly my point, the game is more catered to the hardcore that can sit there all day everyday and play. I get 1-2 hours of time a day max nowadays, it isn't even enough to keep up on my mains dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    Which is exactly my point, the game is more catered to the hardcore that can sit there all day everyday and play. I get 1-2 hours of time a day max nowadays, it isn't even enough to keep up on my mains dailies.
    If it's gear you're after, there are faster and more efficient ways to gear up than valor gear. Otherwise, if it's simply profession recipes, vanity items and the like then not doing your dailies every day is not a problem. I don't do mine every day and I'm doing fine. Really, there's no rush.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The only thing I want account wide for reputations is the raise X number of reputations to exalted.

If I armory my warlock, then check her reputation panel I see there is a rep called Akama's Trust (500/3000). This rep is only available to warlocks. My main is my warrior. If I were to exalt 59 reps on my warrior, then exalt Akama's Trust on my Warlock, I would not get the 60 exalted reps achievement, which I think should be the case, as I had clearly exalted 60 reps across my account.

That was just an example. My warrior already has his 60 exalted reps achievement, and was 2 away from 70 when they removed it in 5.1.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    This is what I experience also.. heck even a blue post stated: Why would you level an alt if you have more than enough content for your main?
    This says enough.
    The game is a bit overdone concerning time-cinsumption.
    Opinions on this differs, because there are players who have like 2 hours a day or 4 to 5 hours a week to play and there are players who have like 24 hours/day to spend in wow.
    All of these players want different things, as they progress differently through the content.

Personally I thought Blizzard had it covered very nicely till MoP. I think the balance got lost with MoP.
    Lets hope they can find a good line for the game again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    The only thing I want account wide for reputations is the raise X number of reputations to exalted.

If I armory my warlock, then check her reputation panel I see there is a rep called Akama's Trust (500/3000). This rep is only available to warlocks. My main is my warrior. If I were to exalt 59 reps on my warrior, then exalt Akama's Trust on my Warlock, I would not get the 60 exalted reps achievement, which I think should be the case, as I had clearly exalted 60 reps across my account.

That was just an example. My warrior already has his 60 exalted reps achievement, and was 2 away from 70 when they removed it in 5.1.
    yes, this is the kind of achivement that should be account-wide, but not the rep itself

Really with how easy everything else is in this game it would be such a nice "quality of life" improvement for rep to be account wide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    Really with how easy everything else is in this game it would be such a nice "quality of life" improvement for rep to be account wide.
    Exactly my thought, in all honesty I can understand if they don't apply it for the newest factions all the time but at least the old ones should be account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    so what are you trying to prove ? so youre here only to whine and prove to anyone youre the best ? good for you. im done here.
    i have else to do than grinding rep all my playtime
    Actually nothing. But there is a BIG difference between 40 and 69 factions. It gets progressively harder to get factions to exalted as those left are usually the harder ones such as Ravenholdt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Actually nothing. But there is a BIG difference between 40 and 69 factions. It gets progressively harder to get factions to exalted as those left are usually the harder ones such as Ravenholdt.
    i can understand that, im a mount collector and at some point it can get harder and harder to get some mount in game but its a grind. like almost anything in wow, yes i dont have as many exalted faction as you do, but thats doesnt mean my opinion doesnt matter. i understand the work behind it and that why i dont actually want to do it, i dont have much time to put into wow since i have some other thing to do beside gaming, like my work and family.

sorry but your last post seem really rude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    i can understand that, im a mount collector and at some point it can get harder and harder to get some mount in game but its a grind. like almost anything in wow, yes i dont have as many exalted faction as you do, but thats doesnt mean my opinion doesnt matter. i understand the work behind it and that why i dont actually want to do it, i dont have much time to put into wow since i have some other thing to do beside gaming, like my work and family.

sorry but your last post seem really rude.
    I collect mounts myself and therefore know that feeling. Thing is just that there is no good reason to not give something like Steemwheedle cartel, the battleground factions or other old/factions without point gear to players who have already done them. The ammount of people who will do them twice is most likely low, very, very, very low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    I collect mounts myself and therefore know that feeling. Thing is just that there is no good reason to not give something like Steemwheedle cartel, the battleground factions or other old/factions without point gear to players who have already done them. The ammount of people who will do them twice is most likely low, very, very, very low.
    so... thats why they should be account-wide ?

they already stated that, for the moment, they wont touch the old reputation, you might want to express your feeling on the official forum and not a fan-site :/ (if you actually want it to change)

I would personally play more of my characters if reputation was account wide, but that's just my 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Account wide rep = even less to do = very bad idea..

MoP rep is already too fast to get, with the commendations..
    E.g. the last toon I levelled, was at 13k/21k revered with Klaxxi when he dinged 90, and there was still yellow quests to do.
    Same toon was 2k/21k revered with Shado-Pan when he left Townlong at 89.. Without commentations, you end up ~100 rep short of honored.
    tbh i have 55 exalted reps on my old main id rather not have to re farm the likes of MC and other non mop reps on my new main if i want 60 or even the 70 achievement so having all the pre mop ones account wide wouldn't be a bad idea

Some people have more to do in a day then play games all day long.

So i would love it, and omg playing a second char and doing everything again is way to dreadfull.

Must not even think about a 3rth character lol > and what about my old reps? > do that again also?

I have 1-2 hours max a day to play, and i want to do more then doing dailys only.
    Yes, if you want all your reps up, go earn it.

---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    tbh i have 55 exalted reps on my old main id rather not have to re farm the likes of MC and other non mop reps on my new main if i want 60 or even the 70 achievement so having all the pre mop ones account wide wouldn't be a bad idea
    Use your old main as the rep toon. Its not uncommon.