Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah I've suspected that WoG is 60% on live and I reported it, but Blizzard never announced this hotfix so not many people know about it... I'm pretty sure the tooltip is still wrong on live. Our off-heals will still be better ... but yeah we certainly did get stealth buffed and steal nerfed without a blue post about it ever...

I still kind of like the idea of massive flashes of light... currently running away and hiding out of line of sight is kind of pointless since it lets us cast 2 pathetic flashes, now at least running away will have some purpose, rather than simply giving the other team even more momentum. Still though, Ret is as sloppy as ever, we still need band-aid fixed on a regular basis because they don't spend enough time and effort developing the spec between expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    Don't quit your job over that math.
    If you don't get it, re-read my original post.. Sloooooowly.

If you still don't get it, then it's not a problem I could fix with further explanation either.

Hint: try with the last numbers provided.
    Yeah because usually when people talk about healing numbers they talk about how much they do during a small window of opportunity instead of what they typically do while not under the influence of cooldowns. /rolleyes Don't quit your day job over that logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making flash of light our primary source of healing might not be a terrible idea. Currently our healing and damage compete for holy power, we have to make major sacrifices. If WOG becomes so weak it isnt nearly worth pressing, then thats atleast good news for our damage. 10 Second cooldown Cata WOG wasnt nearly as bad because we just couldnt totally ignore TV like we are sometimes forced to now. Taking the heals off of holy power and putting them back on mana is perhaps very good news.

Extra mana from seal of light could provide us with a ton of survivability this way, sacrificing modest seal damage instead of TV damage. The self healing of seal of light was recently buffed, add glyph of battle healer and we would be pvp healing machines (retweaver anyone?). Several blanket silences were also just removed, might just need to remember how to juke an interrupt like we once did in vanilla/bc. Having to cast occasionally isnt going to ruin us.

Im feeling cautiously optimistic!

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Yeah because usually when people talk about healing numbers they talk about how much they do during a small window of opportunity instead of what they typically do while not under the influence of cooldowns. /rolleyes Don't quit your day job over that logic.
    Reith, sincerely, stop and do something productive.
    You actually contributed to nothing that I can recall.

Is your motto: To 'correct' and discredit anyone without an ounce of thought or reason behind of it. (?)

You called me out on Selfless Healer without checking the numbers yourself, not my fault nor my problem but I corrected you.
    You called me out in my math based on the numbers at the end of the post, without care to read the context, not my fault nor my problem, yet I corrected you.

Now you're mumbling about "oh, when people talk about numbers they talk about a buffed numbers derp" even though I explicity said at the end of the post I was tossing some numbers out there as a bonus for insight on burst healing capabilities.

So here's to your sarcasm, 70% of my original post explains the Base numbers building up with the modifiers.

I find irritating that even though my math is correct you keep quoting me on the subject, I care about the class, not you, so if you have any sort of grudge against me (not that I recall myself) we can settle that in private.

So I will stop respoding to you here for the sake of the thread and if you want to have the last word on public it's fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisrx View Post
    Making flash of light our primary source of healing might not be a terrible idea. Currently our healing and damage compete for holy power, we have to make major sacrifices. If WOG becomes so weak it isnt nearly worth pressing, then thats atleast good news for our damage. 10 Second cooldown Cata WOG wasnt nearly as bad because we just couldnt totally ignore TV like we are sometimes forced to now. Taking the heals off of holy power and putting them back on mana is perhaps very good news.

Extra mana from seal of light could provide us with a ton of survivability this way, sacrificing modest seal damage instead of TV damage. The self healing of seal of light was recently buffed, add glyph of battle healer and we would be pvp healing machines (retweaver anyone?). Several blanket silences were also just removed, might just need to remember how to juke an interrupt like we once did in vanilla/bc. Having to cast occasionally isnt going to ruin us.

Im feeling cautiously optimistic!
    Yeah it's a good change, it adds depth and new strategic options; and raises the skill cap a little. But, overall, Ret is already too dependent on off-healing, as we have been discussing, the spec needs to branch out into other aspects of the game so that it is more well-rounded and easier to balance well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veliane View Post
    i was very excited about it all... Until i saw this.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    sword of light now reads +30% word of glory and +100% flash of light. We wanted to reward flash of light more, because it's harder and riskier to use.
    for those that don't know about it, wog is +60% on live.
    They're shifting the healing from wog to fol, a spell that sees less frequency with dramatic consequences.

This turns out to be a nerf.
    I would not take the shift if i could have a word on it.. It's burst 101... Can't stop to cast fuckin fol...
    god!!!!!!!! I knew it was too good to be true!!!!!!!!!!!

Qqqqqq

Live verz 60% buff to WoG might be tooltip typo looking at Wowdb and wowhead says 30% increase on WoG.
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/53503-sword-of-light

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53503

Quote Originally Posted by monoroth View Post
    Live verz 60% buff to WoG might be tooltip typo looking at Wowdb and wowhead says 30% increase on WoG.
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/53503-sword-of-light

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53503
    About a month ago, the buff to WoG from Sword of Light was hotfixed to 60% (it seems), but i think since they did it right before Christmas break they forgot to ever mention it in any list of hotfixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    I was very excited about it all... until I saw this.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Sword of Light now reads +30% Word of Glory and +100% Flash of Light. We wanted to reward Flash of Light more, because it's harder and riskier to use.
    For those that don't know about it, WoG is +60% on live.
    They're shifting the healing from WoG to FoL, a spell that sees less frequency with dramatic consequences.

This turns out to be a nerf.
    I would not take the shift if I could have a word on it.. it's Burst 101... can't stop to cast fuckin FoL...
    I wouldn't normally defend blizzard....

but...

Given how GC got flash heal and flash of light mixed up, I wouldn't be surprised if they just copied the tooltip for sword of light and changed the flash of light part. Remember that the tooltip for it has not been updated since the fix for wog to go up to 60%, so I would like to think/hope that it is just a random blizzard employee that doesn't know everything copying the current tooltip than a stealth nerf...but then again it is blizzard >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they just copied the tooltip for sword of light and changed the flash of light part.
    It would be really strange if they change FoL's tootip and leave WoG's overlooked in the same sentence as "we wanted to reward FoL more" but godspeed on that brother.

Deleted
    You know what the funny thing is? Label Strew is the right one.

A survival CD is still a survival CD even if it sucks or gets dispelled. Rofl. Even if it only reduces damage done to you by 1% for 3 seconds its a survival CD.

I mean a 4 year old child should be understanding such basic stuffs.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-17 at 08:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    You know what the funny thing is? Label Strew is the right one.

A survival CD is still a survival CD even if it sucks or gets dispelled. Rofl. Even if it only reduces damage done to you by 1% for 3 seconds its a survival CD.

I mean a 4 year old child should be understanding such basic stuffs.
    *sigh*

I don't know why I am repling to you cause IRL I try to avoid people that were provided only a small amount of intelligence but I guess for the sake of this thread I will do so.

Bubble - is 8 second immunity, yet we cannot top ourself up healingwise and yet it is removeable with stuff such as shattering throw(and oh yes, IC more warriors in PvP since vanilla then there is water in the sea)

Because everything has to be "balanced" these days I compared bubble to the warrior ability that gives them 100 % parry chance(forgot the name, former retaliation). 100%....+the warrior keeps his damage at 100%.

This is just 1 small example.

Our defensive cd's are mere like snowflakes dissapearing infront of a hot burning sun.

No I don't see devotion aura (I'm ret) as such a wonderful and magnificent spell. Maybe if it would reduce all damage taken by 50% or something, that would be nice, but no.

Also, all classes have some kind of "second wind" when they drop low, either in healing or damage reduction, or both(warlocks).

If your defensive cd is countered ASAP you can't call it a defensive cd anymore, but simply a ..... Indeed.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-01-17 at 02:28 PM.

Deleted
    A survival CD is a survival CD.

Even if it sucks its a survival CD.

Even if it gets intantly dispelled sometimes its a survival CD.

Its like saying a HoT is not a HoT if it gets dispelled by a few classes before it can tick.

Stop calling people stupid because you cant understand such basic things.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-17 at 10:32 AM.

Taken from 5.2 PTR and patch notes

Sword of Light now increases Flash of Light by 100% (up from 30%).

So they aren't touching our WoG.

The thing about rets "survability" is that its build around that bubble that last for 8 seconds, or get dispelled/shattered in two.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

That's FANTASTIC!! Grats. Now with all of these awesome healing abilities that DPS have, no one ever needs to roll a healer again. You guys got this, right? Now we dedicated healers can go out and be "just another DPS". I, for one, am stoked.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Deleted
    Yes i know its weak but i dont understand why people jump on someone that just said that its a survival CD.

I got even insulted about my intelligence for doing that.

Im just trying to defend HIM because hes the right one. He even explained that he knew that the CDs sucked but its still a survival CD no mather how much it will suck.

Its like saying that Renew is not even a heal because you got necrotic striked. Yes its basically a heal but its getting absorbed. A survival CD is a survival CD. It might get dispelled by some classes or it might just suck, but its still a survival CD.

MMO-champion is the only place where i have to argue about logic.

Im not aiming this to you Nonslid btw. I think you get me.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-17 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    A survival CD is a survival CD.

Even if it sucks its a survival CD.

Even if it gets intantly dispelled sometimes its a survival CD.

Its like saying a HoT is not a HoT if it gets dispelled by a few classes before it can tick.

Stop calling people stupid because you cant understand such basic things.

Stupid people are stupid people.

even if they argue for the sake of arguing they are stupid

even if they can state an obvous statement they are stupid people

Stop being stupid because you cant understand context.

Please refrain from insulting other forum users. - Malthanis
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2013-01-17 at 02:19 PM.

Deleted
    Am i missing the point here?
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-17 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubadudu View Post
    Retri has got no survivability abilities whatsoever so, not forgetting that retribution selfheals were THE POWER of retribution paladins, so it's more then normal we get this buff mate
    I play an Ele Sham. Now tell me Ret has no survivability...