Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    Even funnier still they have more defensives than elemental. albeit not much, both specs (not classes, holy and resto are the top healers in pvp right now) are really squishy.
    What What WHAT? Resto Shamans squishy? What rank are you playing, 450? Look at the top team, resto shamans are in the half of them, they are the true OP healer this season and still get buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I play an Ele Sham. Now tell me Ret has no survivability...
    Just because you have it shittier, doesnt mean that ret still isnt shitty...

Its like saying to someone who lost a leg: Youre fine... Someone else has lost two.

Deleted
    With the pvp power change and these changes i can be decent again in wpvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossa View Post
    Just because you have it shittier, doesnt mean that ret still isnt shitty...

Its like saying to someone who lost a leg: Youre fine... Someone else has lost two.
    Hey you called me stupid. Arent you going to tell me what im wrong about?

Im surprised you understood what he meant, i take it like that because your leg comment made it sound like you are aware that he meant that ele shamans are so shit that ret paladins seems decent.

Im honestly surprised. Am i right about this?

Btw i was about to say something about the Devotion Aura but the poster deleted it. Its funny because she called him clueless lmao.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-17 at 11:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is that if other specs have at least DOUBLE the defensive with half CD, with better reliability (not dispelable) than a spec, the survivability is not balanced.

Ret only mitigates magic damage with DProt and if we're not CCd while other classes uses it counterparts to remove CCs.

Outside of Divine Shield that is dispelable and 5 min CD, there's not something reliable that will keep us alive without sacrificing GCDs/Damage and even sacrificing them, it's not as effective as a Second Wind ALONE - not to mention Exhiliration, Dark Regeneration, Cold Snap and whatever. Dispersion by itself its a BETTER Divine Shield as a defensive on a 2 min CD.

That's what people mean by "Ret got no survivability" - our only reliable one is on a 5 min CD and it's dispelable and the rest are weaker than others and costs us more resources than the other specs.

And as I said on my post: it's not a Ret problem alone. The only DPS hybrid with exclusive tools is SPriest: Dispersion, Horror, etc... exclusive tools to make a non healer alive, like any other DPS has. Blizzard seems to think that since a Holy Pala can heal self during burst or on small windows or instant without sacrificing they're main role, Ret can too. But Ret can't heal as much as other DPS specs, can't mitigate, CC, kite, etc as much as other DPS specs, and can't even TRY without sacrificing DPS that other DPS specs do. And that's a Elemental and Enhancement problem too. Though I think they're already better than Ret on 5.2 with Shamanistic Rage Glyphed - 1 min CD not dispelable is WAY more reliable than a 5 min CD dispelable.

At LEAST DProt have to dispel a CC like all the other defs CDs.
    "I notice my rating actually boosts when I remember to have fun. Playing competitively while also enjoying yourself and focussing on having good games instead of getting rating is way more important.
    After 2.2k the fun devolves into a twisted realm suffering and despair and you will quit pvp from extreme traumatic stress and you will probably xfer to Moon Guard and join some Belf rp guild and become a prostitute in Silvermoon."by Clukclukbewm

Deleted
    They are arguing with him and calling me stupid because they cant understand a simple thing as a survival CD. I already know that ret paladins got it hard and yes i want better protection but im just talking about the basics.

A survival CD. It might be OP, it might suck, it might just last 1 sec, it might get dispelled, it might have a long CD, but its a survival CD. It pisses me off to see people telling me im stupid for understanding such a simple thing.

Heres a pro lesson for these scientists: Even if a survival CD lasts for a split second and only reduces one percent damage, it is a survival CD. You cant notice it, but its basicly a survival CD no mather how bad it is.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-17 at 11:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronosmash View Post
    And that's a Elemental and Enhancement problem too. At LEAST DProt have to dispel a CC like all the other defs CDs.
    I totally agree with your whole post, and I picked this out to say something.

This is a PALADIN forum! We do not need to defend ourself, go to your own class forum and cry about how weak your class is(cause that's what you think). This is for Paladins and we keep this PALADIN, I got nothing to do with a bunch of totemhuggers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubadudu View Post
    I totally agree with your whole post, and I picked this out to say something.

This is a PALADIN forum! We do not need to defend ourself, go to your own class forum and cry about how weak your class is(cause that's what you think). This is for Paladins and we keep this PALADIN, I got nothing to do with a bunch of totemhuggers.
    If its against the rules for someone to discuss in another forum then im sorry but thats retarded.

I hope youre joking. Let me check if youre the one who called me stupid. EDIT: Sigh yes its you.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-17 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    If its against the rules for someone to discuss in another forum then im sorry but thats retarded.

I think youre just being sarcastic, but youll never know.
    They can join the discussion but the discussion is not crying about Shamans ......they should simply piss off when they wanna troll like that. But the fact remains that you keep giving us evidence about the "stupid" remark

Deleted
    They can join the discussion but the discussion is not crying about Shamans ......they should simply piss off when they wanna troll like that. But the fact remains that you keep giving us evidence about the "stupid" remark
    Whats so hard understanding that a survival CD is a survival CD no mather how bad it is? I said that and you came and whined about that they are not survival CDs because they can be dispelled or whatever.

Did you even think that Renew in CATA was not a heal because you got necro striked?

Deleted
    Whats so hard understanding that a survival CD is a survival CD no mather how bad it is? I said that and you came and whined about that they are not survival CDs because they can be dispelled or whatever.
    Bubble isn't a survival CD anymore since it's dispellable and easy removable by most of the classes.....

Do you get that...........stupid?

Deleted
    Bubble isn't a survival CD anymore since it's dispellable and easy removable by most of the classes.....

Do you get that...........stupid?
    YES it makes you survive for 8 seconds if the class cannot dispell it. So basically its a survival CD.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-17 at 11:48 AM.

Deleted
    YES it makes you survive for 8 seconds if the class cannot dispell it. So basically its a survival CD.

FFS ............ god I hate you for being stupid you know that, I hate stupid people and I wish bad things to them!

Deleted
    FFS ............ god I hate you for being stupid you know that, I hate stupid people and I wish bad things to them!
    I know youre so angry that you dont want to reply me, thats my guess, but YOU are the ONE who should understand ME. If you think im wrong, then it might mean you think about something else but i am speaking about the basic stuffs. I have already said it a thousand times. Basic doesnt mean you can argue wether it sucks or not, basic thing is that ITS PROGRAMMED TO START AS A SURVIVAL CD, get it?
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-17 at 12:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fela View Post
    Reading comprehension 101.

When people write "We have no defensive CDs" they don't LITERALLY mean that. Instead they probably mean "We have no defensive CDs worth mentioning here.". Context FTW.
    are you serious. rly?? that makes about zero sense. What you are saying is basically that people should understand that when I say that I don't ever watch football at all that what I rly mean is I watch football occasionally there is no way you could get that from my first sentence this discussion has as little to with my reading comprehension as it can get. yours however does kinda fail as you completely seemed to have missed this part of my post: " I just don't think you can say you have absolutely no defensive abilities when you have that list off defensive abilities at your disposal whether they might be good or not." Not that it's rly surprising seeing as most people here are completely misreading my posts here.

seriously though what is up with the reading comprehensions of people here. go and read my first post again very carefully the quote first. It says: "Retri has got no survivability abilities whatsoever" yet they do. That's all I'm saying retri does have defensive abilities. I'M IN NO WAY SAYING THEY ARE EITHER GOOD OR BAD.
    Last edited by mmoc495deb5b70; 2013-01-17 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    I play an Ele Sham. Now tell me Ret has no survivability...

Leave this thread, and never come back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by label strew View Post
    are you serious. rly?? that makes about zero sense. What you are saying is basically that people should understand that when I say that I don't ever watch football at all that what I rly mean is I watch football occasionally there is no way you could get that from my first sentence this discussion has as little to with my reading comprehension as it can get. yours however does kinda fail as you completely seemed to have missed this part of my post: " I just don't think you can say you have absolutely no defensive abilities when you have that list off defensive abilities at your disposal whether they might be good or not." Not that it's rly surprising seeing as most people here are completely misreading my posts here.

seriously though what is up with the reading comprehensions of people here. go and read my first post again very carefully the quote first. It says: "Retri has got no survivability abilities whatsoever" yet they do. That's all I'm saying retri does have defensive abilities. I'M IN NO WAY SAYING THEY ARE EITHER GOOD OR BAD.
    Thats whats so addicting about it. It makes me happy and boosts my selfconfidence.

I do love my paladin class and these buffs are very welcome indeed but sometimes i want to quit this class because im embarrassed but i cant because i love paladins.

Usually i listen to others opinions but this forum is not one of those.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-01-17 at 12:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, that's it. If we're just going to degenerate this in to a bunch of mud slinging, we're going to lock the thread.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!