Deleted

Should i press buy?

Gpu: Gigabyte GV R787OC-2GD - Grafikkort - Radeon HD 7870 - 2 GB GDDR5

Cpu: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz LGA1155

Screen: ASUS VS247H - LCD display - TFT - LED baglys - 23.6" - widescreen

Mother: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - Bundkort - micro-ATX - USB 3.0 - onboard grafik (CPU Needed)

Power: XFX Core Edition PRO650W - Strømforsyning ( intern ) - ATX12V 2.2/ EPS12V 2.91

HDD: WD Caviar Blue WD10EZEX - Harddisk - 1 TB - intern harddisk

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 - Miditower - ATX - ingen strømforsyning ( ATX / PS/2 )

RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis XMP X2 Grey Series - Hukommelse 368,49

DVD Case: Samsung SH-224BB - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM-drev - Serial ATA

I Mostly only Play Wow -- How much FPS should i expect on ultra for that?
    If i Take good care of the computer, How many years can it last?
    For How many years you you expect the system for run everything at high/ultra with 40+ Fps
    ___
    Should i dig deeper into my pockets? if so what can i upgrade and with what, and how much of a performance increase will it be?

My mouse is on the buy button, my wallet is scared, but the mouse wont move!
    Last edited by mmoc11dc8b724d; 2013-01-15 at 11:37 AM.

Deleted
    there is no point to get the overclocking version for gaming, you won't get any improvements from OC'ing the processor, an i5 is more than enough for WoW at the moment. My advice is to get the i5 3470, a b75 chipset motherboard and with those extra $ go for a gtx670 or just stick to that video card you chose( you'll be getting 100 fps for sure with either of them)

Quote Originally Posted by retailgamers View Post
    there is no point to get the overclocking version for gaming, you won't get any improvements from OC'ing the processor, an i5 is more than enough for WoW at the moment. My advice is to get the i5 3470, a b75 chipset motherboard and with those extra $ go for a gtx670 or just stick to that video card you chose( you'll be getting 100 fps for sure with either of them)
    Don't listen to him. You will get increase I definitely did on my I5 2500K when I overclocked it to 4.5GHz.
    Also if you plan on getting another card that's great build you got there. Everything is fine.

What? Please dont post about things that you know nothing about

#retailgamers thanks for the laugh dude!, dont listen to him, hes on something he should had taken...

fooooooooooooooooooool
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Deleted
    you people are making me bite nails

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/A...rmance/20.html
    50-80 fps in mop zones on ultra.

You never know with the parts, depends on your luck. Althought the parts have warranty for a couple of years so i'd say, 3-5 years. I would suggest changing the graphics card/cpu before then.

For how many years you you expect the system for run everything at high/ultra with 40+ Fps
    The wow engine keeps requiring more power, so 2 years?

Should i dig deeper into my pockets? if so what can i upgrade and with what, and how much of a performance increase will it be?
    No point wasting on an overkill machine for WoW the graphics card/cpu is all it takes to run ultra.

Remember 2x4 gb ram. That cpu is K version meaning it is unlocked to overclock. (http://tinyurl.com/by2mw69) The fan that comes with the cpu is bad for overclocking so that 212 will do the 4.2-4.4 just perfect. (Overclocking is a huge increase in WoW)
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

Quote Originally Posted by Brolyowns View Post
    you people are making me bite nails
    It's really well balanced for WoW and you wont pay for anything unnecessary. Only thing you're missing is 120GB SSD. If you can afford one now, get it, because adding it later will require reinstalling Windows which can be pain in the ass.

there is no point to get the overclocking version for gaming, you won't get any improvements from OC'ing the processor, an i5 is more than enough for WoW at the moment.
    Wrong (Overclocking i5-3570K will give higher framerate in 25man raids and cities.)

go for a gtx670
    Wrong (Radeon 7870 is currently best value for money card if you don't need the best of the best. It will have exactly same minimum fps as GTX670 in raids and cities.)

you'll be getting 100 fps for sure with either of them
    and wrong. (WoW is CPU capped, you wont see even 50fps in raids with either card with all settings maxed out.)
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brolyowns View Post
    Gpu: Gigabyte GV R787OC-2GD - Grafikkort - Radeon HD 7870 - 2 GB GDDR5

Cpu: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz LGA1155

Screen: ASUS VS247H - LCD display - TFT - LED baglys - 23.6" - widescreen

Mother: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - Bundkort - micro-ATX - USB 3.0 - onboard grafik (CPU Needed)

Power: XFX Core Edition PRO650W - Strømforsyning ( intern ) - ATX12V 2.2/ EPS12V 2.91

HDD: WD Caviar Blue WD10EZEX - Harddisk - 1 TB - intern harddisk

Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 - Miditower - ATX - ingen strømforsyning ( ATX / PS/2 )

RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis XMP X2 Grey Series - Hukommelse 368,49

DVD Case: Samsung SH-224BB - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM-drev - Serial ATA

For How many years you you expect the system for run everything at high/ultra with 40+ Fps
    ___

My mouse is on the buy button, my wallet is scared, but the mouse wont move!
    Regarding your setup, i have the same exact graphics card, i also have a AMD fx 8350 BE, my cpu is similar to yours, though your cpu should get better performance then mine, on stock with similar cpu's and identical graphics cards, you should see 40+fps in Stormwind for example, in the New MOP city, i get about 36fps outside with shadows and 8x AA, so expect good performance, while raiding you will see minimum 40fps as i have, while questing and doing dungeons i get over 100fps so you should too. Regarding how long your system will last, i say if you get a basic overclock you will see 2-3 years of good performance.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 06:10 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 06:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post

and wrong. (WoW is CPU capped, you wont see even 50fps in raids with either card with all settings maxed out.
    Question, are you saying with that CPU he wont see over 50fps during 25 man raiding? or in general? A buddy of mine gets 55FPS+ with his 680 and OC i7 3770k? (so he says)
    Last edited by hitmanblood; 2013-01-15 at 12:11 PM.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.6GHZ | Nvidia GTX 1080 ASUS STRIX OC | MSI Z97-GD65 Gaming 5 | 16GB Cosair Vengence 2400 | 128GB Vertex 4 |3TB Seagate Barracuda | AX750 | Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | H110I Extreme Cooler | ASUS VS229H-P Black 21.5 IPS | AOC 1080p | Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 | Logitech g600 | Sennheiser HD558

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of my setup, I get 40-70 fps in raids. He should expect about the same since the cpu does most of the work in raids.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

During Boss fights, 40-45 is likely the max you can get with any setup if using full Ultra settings. I'm using i5-2500k @ 4.3GHz and I get 35-40 during bosses, unless it's "Elegon 30%-0%" type phase, where FPS is usually around 20-25.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    and wrong. (WoW is CPU capped, you wont see even 50fps in raids with either card with all settings maxed out.)
    Disable V-sync and you will.

tbh I decided to stop listening to people saying CPU is important for gaming, I stuck around with my i5 2500k and bought a gtx 690 instead and my games run perfectly, even wow, I never have any fps drops and every game can be run on max graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    tbh I decided to stop listening to people saying CPU is important for gaming, I stuck around with my i5 2500k and bought a gtx 690 instead and my games run perfectly, even wow, I never have any fps drops and every game can be run on max graphics.
    That's because i5-2500k is a beast, and the difference between i5-2500k and i5-3570k is only a few % at best. Intel is just milking money with the Ivy Bridge CPUs, Sandy Bridge CPUs are still very strong. i5-2500k should last another 2 years if we go at this rate.

Intel really needs to push out something revolutionary for the next gen(talking 10% or more performance on single core compared to 3rd gen i5/i7) or people will just use their 2nd/3rd gen i5/i7's since there is nothing worth upgrading to.

Quote Originally Posted by Forleyn View Post
    Disable V-sync and you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmanblood View Post
    Question, are you saying with that CPU he wont see over 50fps during 25 man raiding? or in general? A buddy of mine gets 55FPS+ with his 680 and OC i7 3770k? (so he says)
    1) People do not look at their fps while they're actually doing some bossfights. It's normal that your fps can be 100 or 150 or whatever with GTX680 while you're just idling there picking your nose, but when you pull the boss and spell effects start flying, fps tanks below 50. Most raiders will actually look at the fight itself and not their framerate counter which creates this false sense of having 100fps in WoW.

To get real and accurate numbers you need fraps or something similar to record current fps only, not video, and plot the fps into excel graph. I actually did this during ICC progress and it was totally normal your framerate drops to 1/3 or 1/4 of "idle" while in combat.

2) "so he says"...
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

<-- 48-56fps in WoW raids. During a boss fight it might drop to 41-42 depending on how much is going on. People claiming to have 9000 fps in 25 mans haven't monitored it closely or they are plainly lying to you. A 3570K will give you within 99% of the i7 in WoW and anything above a GTX660/7850 will grant you nothing in WoW on the graphical side.

For WoW alone, most new hardware in the higher end is completely overkill. Having uber hardware will not help you from getting framerate drops in WoW and you won't see much improvement over a medium system either.

My recommended hardware for just playing WoW: FM2 socket and a 5800K. Cheap and will run WoW well enough.