Deleted

What will be better for pvp in 5.2 blood or frost

Hi I have problems with survivability in 5.1 as a frost dk do you think blood would be a better class for pvp? Pls help me out thx

Only play blood in pvp as a flag carrier or to troll people. I wouldnt recommend it.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy survives better than frost against casters and melee. However it will also take you a bit longer to learn it than frost since you mostly need to control your pet and cd's much better.

Blood is never good for pvp unless you only want to stay alive and nothing else. Well, it might be good for 2v2, but not worth for much more than that and FC jobs.

Deleted
    Ok so u guys think frost is the way to go I mean I put out huge dmg but die like a squishy

Go DW frost due to it's superiority vs heavy armor.

2h is better on light armor but the gap up to heavy armor is much bigger then DW's gap down to light armor.

DW should be better oveall the way it is now.

Deleted
    O I was thinking about that doesn't dw have better frost dmg and 2h has better wepon dmg and burst?

Quote Originally Posted by Benfro89 View Post
    O I was thinking about that doesn't dw have better frost dmg and 2h has better wepon dmg and burst?
    2h does have better burst... vs light armor

DW has better burst vs heavy armor.

2h can't kill holy paladins alone, DW can.

Deleted
    Exactly, with mop they added in a boost to frost strike in Threat of Tharassian while a 2h has an obliterate damage bonus in might of the frozen wastes, as magic damage dual wield is superior against armour.

Ultimately though I agree with the above posters that DK's are squishy. These days with so much CC and high damage flying about it really sucks being a class that has practically no CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Exactly, with mop they added in a boost to frost strike in Threat of Tharassian while a 2h has an obliterate damage bonus in might of the frozen wastes, as magic damage dual wield is superior against armour.

Ultimately though I agree with the above posters that DK's are squishy. These days with so much CC and high damage flying about it really sucks being a class that has practically no CC.
    Obliterate is supposed to be a main-skill for frost, tho DW doesn't use it at all in pvp. It's listed as a main-skill when you choce the spec.

The design that DW is stronger vs heavy armor and 2h is stronger vs light armor is just stupid. The changes made to Threat of Thassarian and Might of the Frozen Wastes should be reverted.
    I don't really want to DW because i miss 2h masterfrost from cata a lot. But i can't stand having a weak Frost Strike and Howling Blast, feeling like an arms warrior (2h frost)

Are blizzard too blind to see how stupid the new design for DW and 2H frost really is?
    Last edited by Wrien; 2013-01-15 at 12:37 PM.

Deleted
    Man I love you guys thx I'll try it out and report back =) but I just wish I wasn't so squishy =[
    Last edited by mmoc8b993f4d34; 2013-01-15 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Obliterate is supposed to be a main-skill for frost, tho DW doesn't use it at all in pvp. It's listed as a main-skill when you choce the spec.

The design that DW is stronger vs heavy armor and 2h is stronger vs light armor is just stupid. The changes made to Threat of Thassarian and Might of the Frozen Wastes should be reverted.
    I don't really want to DW because i miss 2h masterfrost from cata a lot. But i can't stand having a weak Frost Strike and Howling Blast, feeling like an arms warrior (2h frost)

Are blizzard too blind to see how stupid the new design for DW and 2H frost really is?
    Its only stupid if you are a person who has a deep hatred for change.

Man I love you guys thx I'll try it out and report back =) but I just wish I wasn't so squishy =[
    Stack resi like crazy. Still squishy, but it really does help. I'm over 65% by now.

What about gemming? How about PvP power? I read here and there in almost all classes talking about resilience and noone about PvP power.

Deleted
    Blood will be incredibly strong (unkillable) with the new Conversion and with blood worms healing for even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaleith View Post
    What about gemming? How about PvP power? I read here and there in almost all classes talking about resilience and noone about PvP power.
    Not getting roflstomped in a single stun > doing more damage. Burst is way too high, blizz added way too many too damned strong cd's. For example, BM hunters stacking everything, warrior avatar+banner and whatnot, shaman ascendance, and whatever the druid one is called that gives them the armoured forms.