Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Well he did defeat and rip out the heart of a watcher, apparently by himself. Can't really say more powerful, but he's definitely in league with them. Did he "die" of old age or was he killed in battle? I can't remember
    I'd bet he had an army with him.

    why? because ra-den is all broken, busted, bleeding, with his heart removed. and his fight is hardmode-only. even beaten, ra-den is stronger than the thunder king.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd bet he had an army with him.

    why? because ra-den is all broken, busted, bleeding, with his heart removed. and his fight is hardmode-only. even beaten, ra-den is stronger than the thunder king.
    Ra-den is currently like that because the Mogu have been using his flesh and blood for different creations/experiments, not because the initial encounter. Dungeon Journal points out that Lei Shen went in alone.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Doesn't make a difference as I've never heard of a social player who was interested in lore anyway...I'm sure there are some, but to 90% of the playerbase it's just another faceroll boss in LFR giving them free epics.
    I am a lorenerd. I hate heroic raiding and even normal raiding. effort is for work, for earning money. if I'm paying to have fun, I don't want to have a hard time. I want to relax and have fun.

    I'd bet there are plenty of people like me. people who study the game's history, who read the books, and devours wowpedia, and yet don't raid because it's a pain in the arse.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Ra-den is currently like that because the Mogu have been using his flesh and blood for different creations/experiments, not because the initial encounter. Dungeon Journal points out that Lei Shen went in alone.
    how did a depowered lei shen defeat an empowered ra-den when a depowered ra-den is stronger than an enpowered lei shen?
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  4. #24
    Immortal Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    7,853
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I am a lorenerd. I hate heroic raiding and even normal raiding. effort is for work, for earning money. if I'm paying to have fun, I don't want to have a hard time. I want to relax and have fun.

    I'd bet there are plenty of people like me. people who study the game's history, who read the books, and devours wowpedia, and yet don't raid because it's a pain in the arse.
    Agreed with the second part of your statement.

    As for the first, in a way, WoW or any game you play is work. You're working, while hopefully enjoying yourself for an end goal, whether it be loot, gear, a resolution to a story, etc. You get the picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I am a lorenerd. I hate heroic raiding and even normal raiding. effort is for work, for earning money. if I'm paying to have fun, I don't want to have a hard time. I want to relax and have fun.

    I'd bet there are plenty of people like me. people who study the game's history, who read the books, and devours wowpedia, and yet don't raid because it's a pain in the arse.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:04 PM ----------



    how did a depowered lei shen defeat an empowered ra-den when a depowered ra-den is stronger than an enpowered lei shen?
    That's what we are all waiting to find out.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd bet he had an army with him.

    why? because ra-den is all broken, busted, bleeding, with his heart removed. and his fight is hardmode-only. even beaten, ra-den is stronger than the thunder king.
    I have actually thought about it. In Dungeon Journal it's stated that no one knows what exactly happened between Thunder King and Ra-Den. Maybe Ra-Den gave himself to the Thunder King willingly? But if this is truth, question is: why?
    Ponies are for little girls, deal with it.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    As for the first, in a way, WoW or any game you play is work. You're working, while hopefully enjoying yourself for an end goal, whether it be loot, gear, a resolution to a story, etc. You get the picture.
    I meant work as in "the thing you do to earn your living".

    I did "work" a lot on WoW. I have plenty of alts, titles and mounts, I struggle to fit more pets in my pet journal, my bank is completely full of stuff, et cetera.

    but it's all things I obtained throughout the years with minimal effort. the only time I really worked hard on WoW was during pre-cata, because I had 3 weeks to get shendralar exalted and the scepter of the shifting sands done before those things were removed from the game. thank god I got it on time, but those were 3 hellish weeks with minimal sleep
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I have actually thought about it. In Dungeon Journal it's stated that no one knows what exactly happened between Thunder King and Ra-Den. Maybe Ra-Den gave himself to the Thunder King willingly? But if this is truth, question is: why?
    Old gods.......I'm guessing Y'shaarj was alive during this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I have actually thought about it. In Dungeon Journal it's stated that no one knows what exactly happened between Thunder King and Ra-Den. Maybe Ra-Den gave himself to the Thunder King willingly? But if this is truth, question is: why?
    I'd bet lei shen got there with a raid, defeated ra-den, ripped his heart, empowered himself, than killed all his fellow raiders because he didn't want people to know how he got his power for sure. he didn't want competition.

    we've already seen mogu sacrificing their own kind to protect their secrets (divine bell flashback questline).

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 10:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Old gods.......I'm guessing Y'shaarj was alive during this time.
    he couldn't be, because the mogu only went "rawr, I enslave yous" long after the titans left azeroth, and they only left after they beat the old gods.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd bet lei shen got there with a raid, defeated ra-den, ripped his heart, empowered himself, than killed all his fellow raiders because he didn't want people to know how he got his power for sure. he didn't want competition.

    we've already seen mogu sacrificing their own kind to protect their secrets (divine bell flashback questline).
    Or he ninja'd Ra-Den's heart, said "FUCK U BITCHEZ", left the raid group and other members ragequitted, QQing about how Mogu community was better in "The Old God Crusade" than in "Thunderclysm".
    Ponies are for little girls, deal with it.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Or he ninja'd Ra-Den's heart, said "FUCK U BITCHEZ", left the raid group and other members ragequitted, QQing about how Mogu community was better in "The Old God Crusade" than in "Thunderclysm".
    I can imagine that, sadly lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    he couldn't be, because the mogu only went "rawr, I enslave yous" long after the titans left azeroth, and they only left after they beat the old gods.
    It might be indirectly - Ra-Den's flesh was apparently used to cast the Divine Bell (it being made from the 'flesh of the makers'), and the Divine Bell controls the Sha. Perhaps Ra-Den saw it as a necessary sacrifice to give someone the ability to restrain the essence of Y'Shaarj.

  13. #33
    I am Murloc! Shampro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Crucible
    Posts
    5,405
    Thats wierd, these files are usually datamined once they are about to lunch a new build on that day, but the PTR didnt get a new build. Really awesome none theless, hope to finally hear some Thunder King voice files soon.

  14. #34
    The purpose of the heart is what's puzzling me, because clearly Ra-den wasn't using it to pump blood. If he was, he'd be dead. I have a hunch that the thing was acting as a sort of power limiter on him, just like the XT Deconstructor's heart.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I think that we still don't know how he died, npc that speaks about Alani says that he died in Pandaren Rebelion, but in one of the 5.1 quests it's only stated that "Thunder King eventually fell", nothing more.
    Well I hope we find out. I really like the Mogu's origins and the story behind them and their deviation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Or he ninja'd Ra-Den's heart, said "FUCK U BITCHEZ", left the raid group and other members ragequitted, QQing about how Mogu community was better in "The Old God Crusade" than in "Thunderclysm".
    rofl xD

  16. #36
    Perhaps the Thunder King had some help with Ra Den, sort of like old god type help. Maybe the watcher was already corrupted by an old god the way that the ones in Ulduar were.

    As far as the real final boss of the expansion, i'm hoping that there is some major plot twist (I was thinking of Jade empire). Perhaps the real final boss of the expansion will be the resurrected Pandaren Emperor who is disguised as Lorewalker Cho. Think about it, the Sha supposedly popped out of him and were then imprisoned, but according to other sources the Sha came from an old god, does this mean that there was some link between the emperor and an old god?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewir...nger-democracy

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Well he did defeat and rip out the heart of a watcher, apparently by himself. Can't really say more powerful, but he's definitely in league with them. Did he "die" of old age or was he killed in battle? I can't remember
    you know what i think would be hilarious and awesome?

    if he was killed in battle by a lone pandaren who got a lucky shot right in his face that somehow hit his biggest weak spot one shotting him.

    that pandarens full name would be lost to time O-O but his family name would live on O-O STORMSTOUT @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

    FC: 3437-3046-3552

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd bet he had an army with him.

    why? because ra-den is all broken, busted, bleeding, with his heart removed. and his fight is hardmode-only. even beaten, ra-den is stronger than the thunder king.
    That's just game mechanics imo. I wouldn't say sinestra is more powerful than Cho'gall, nor the ascendant council, but as far as fights go, behind Sinestra, heroic Ascendant Council made Cho'gall look like an elwynn lamb.

    ---------- Post added 2013-01-16 at 07:45 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    you know what i think would be hilarious and awesome?

    if he was killed in battle by a lone pandaren who got a lucky shot right in his face that somehow hit his biggest weak spot one shotting him.

    that pandarens full name would be lost to time O-O but his family name would live on O-O STORMSTOUT @_@
    That seems like it could be possible ya know xD

  19. #39
    Fluffy Kitten Lokann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Trapped in Rykha's basement
    Posts
    12,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    It might be indirectly - Ra-Den's flesh was apparently used to cast the Divine Bell (it being made from the 'flesh of the makers'), and the Divine Bell controls the Sha. Perhaps Ra-Den saw it as a necessary sacrifice to give someone the ability to restrain the essence of Y'Shaarj.
    That's an interesting thought, especially seeing how the Bell was uh... sorta busted up. Destroyed, in fact. Into little pieces.

    we am teh heros : ))))))



  20. #40
    Maybe Ra-Den was wounded and in an inactive state from a battle with an old God when Lei Shen found him , Lei' Shen took it's heart and used it to control and harness the the titanic watcher's power and become the Thunder King.
    When Lei Shen is killed the heart is destroyed and Ra-Den is no longer under control and become active , and you have to deal with a wounded and pretty pissed off titan watcher.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •