Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Power of the Thunder King

So according to this voiceovers:

it seems that power of the Thunder King is too much even for the Loa. That's fairly impressive isn't it? It's pity that he won't be HC-only boss.

Deleted
    I really appreciate the ending. Zon'ala RRRWRWRWRRGGGRfffflllngrlhhahg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krrax View Post
    I really appreciate the ending. Zon'ala RRRWRWRWRRGGGRfffflllngrlhhahg.
    Just realized that he actually yells "Zandalar" lol.
    Last edited by mmoc5310eda363; 2013-01-15 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titans >>> Loa, it would seem.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    So according to this voiceovers:

it seems that power of the Thunder King is too much even for the Loa. That's fairly impressive isn't it? It's pity that he won't be HC-only boss.
    As I said in a thread I made a while ago comparing the Thunder King to the Lich King: He is insanely powerful.

He might be stronger than Arthas or Illidan ever were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy is freaking insane, he reminds me of Ishi (same voice actor?) (I hope so)

I have a feeling that when he goes apeshit he Turns into a hulk Troll, like Jin'rok.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2013-01-15 at 06:27 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering his power comes from a Titan Watcher that no one but Lei Shen has defeated, it makes sense.

BTW, that Titan Watcher is the H-Only boss.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Considering his power comes from a Titan Watcher that no one but Lei Shen has defeated, it makes sense.

BTW, that Titan Watcher is the H-Only boss.
    Yeah, i know that, but still i think that that watcher should be normal end boss and that Thunder King should be HC-only boss (after all, like you said, Thunder King has beaten Ra-Den, only if there will be some plot twist, like that Ra-Den let himself imprison willingly, but i doubt that.)
    Last edited by mmoc5310eda363; 2013-01-15 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    As I said in a thread I made a while ago comparing the Thunder King to the Lich King: He is insanely powerful.

Well he did defeat and rip out the heart of a watcher, apparently by himself. Can't really say more powerful, but he's definitely in league with them. Did he "die" of old age or was he killed in battle? I can't remember

"You will be punished!"

lol. There is a video that goes along with this.

If the Thunder King was a heroic only boss, it would be shafting the general playerbase. Having cool heroic only 'side' bosses like Algalon and Sinestra is one thing once in a while. Taking such an important figure in the story such as the Thunder King, who is the subject of the patch and got so much build up throughout 5.0 and 5.1, and making him only accessible to heroic raiders would be a dick move.

Deleted
    Awesome! Can't wait to hear the lines of the Big man himself.
    "None should look upon my works and live!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

Yeah, i'm looking forward to his voiceovers, even if i didn't like Lich King his voice was epic, Illidan also had nice voice, so i'm hoping that they won't screw him up.
    More about your post: he is surely more powerful than them, i have a little doubt about LK, since in Ask CDev they said that he didn't use his whole power but Thunder King is surely stronger than Illidan.

---------- Post added 2013-01-15 at 09:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Well he did defeat and rip out the heart of a watcher, apparently by himself. Can't really say more powerful, but he's definitely in league with them. Did he "die" of old age or was he killed in battle? I can't remember
    I think that we still don't know how he died, npc that speaks about Alani says that he died in Pandaren Rebelion, but in one of the 5.1 quests it's only stated that "Thunder King eventually fell", nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    Yeah, i'm looking forward to his voiceovers.
    It would be a much better game if you guys just waited till the actual chance to fight these bosses, I mean, hell, they even throw it at you in LFR these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    If the Thunder King was a heroic only boss, it would be shafting the general playerbase. Having cool heroic only 'side' bosses like Algalon and Sinestra is one thing once in a while. Taking such an important figure in the story such as the Thunder King, who is the subject of the patch and got so much build up throughout 5.0 and 5.1, and making him only accessible to heroic raiders would be a dick move.
    Doesn't make a difference as I've never heard of a social player who was interested in lore anyway...I'm sure there are some, but to 90% of the playerbase it's just another faceroll boss in LFR giving them free epics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    It would be a much better game if you guys just waited till the actual chance to fight these bosses, I mean, hell, they even throw it at you in LFR these days.
    Fight from Dungeon Journal sounds good, i don't consider LFR as raiding, i consider it only as quick way to gear alts (if you have luck) and a casual way to see the content. Here is his list of abilities from Dungeon Journal: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...der-Encounters, i don't want to be Captain Obvious but he's called Lei Shen there if you don't know it.

Deleted
    Any chance on trying to upload more 5.2 voiceovers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraspotatius View Post
    Any chance on trying to upload more 5.2 voiceovers?
    It isn't my YT channel, i just "accidentally" found it, i don't even know how lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Doesn't make a difference as I've never heard of a social player who was interested in lore anyway...I'm sure there are some, but to 90% of the playerbase it's just another faceroll boss in LFR giving them free epics.
    I'm in a guild of mature adults who, by choice, have kept their ranks small to the point where we're unable to consistently make up a 10-man raid. We have a sister guild (we were separated after our migration from EQ to WoW, hence different servers) that's in a very similar situation. LFR is our outlet, and we're all sufficiently interested in lore. I think your experience with morons in LFR leads you to believe what you've written above; however, I don't think that makes it true. The vocal, moronic minority does not = 90% of playerbase looking to faceroll bosses for epics.

As a "casual", I can say without a shadow of a doubt that I would feel somewhat screwed if I were to be excluded from the story of how this expansion shapes up. I'm hopeful that they include the encounter in LFR so that I can see it. I'd like to see what happens.