Yet another weapon question...

Hello people!

I have the following problem at the moment:

My arsenal of weapons consists of
    Gara'kal normal x2 (both upgraded two times)
    Gao'Rei normal (500 agi gem)
    Gara'kal heroic (not upgraded yet, but able to)

So, I know that usually higher ilevel = better

But does the increased damage on Gara'kal heroic justify taking out the 500 agi gem from Gao'Rei?

I know that I won't get any Shek'zeer claw soon, neither normal nor heroic, so just getting one and putting another gem in it isn't really a choice here!

I'm no expert and the values for stat scaling presented above are for monks in T14 HC gear (so it might vary for your gear), but generally speaking monk's abilities scale relatively well with Wdps upgrades. Not to mention that although you won't have a 500 agi gem you will have more agility from your HC weapon + upgraded weapon which won't make the agility difference that significant.

Brewmaster or Windwalker?

If Brewmaster, use the staff with the agi gem. If Windwalker, Gara'kal HC in MH and Gara'kal normal in OH would be the best option as far as I am aware.

Besides, why are you able to get heroic Gara'kal but the normal Shek'zeer claw is out of your reach? Seems odd to me.

quite easy, we're going deeper into heroics now while almost nobody needs any significant upgrades from normal raids anymore, so unless I get my guildmates to either run twinkruns or run through hof just for me I won't see Empress anytime soon again.

Our raid schedule is only three days, so we rather use those three days to get some heroic gear then farm normal instances and de almost everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nFac View Post
    quite easy, we're going deeper into heroics now while almost nobody needs any significant upgrades from normal raids anymore, so unless I get my guildmates to either run twinkruns or run through hof just for me I won't see Empress anytime soon again.

Our raid schedule is only three days, so we rather use those three days to get some heroic gear then farm normal instances and de almost everything.
    I know plenty of 3 night/week guilds that are already 16/16 HM =P

But that being said, I second the DW. Yah, agi is our best stat for WW, but we scale the best with WDPS than any other stat.

I recommend trying to get at least the 483 Claw and use it as an OH. Try testing with it - I can show you how to simulate it in SimC.

of course there are, but there are raiding guilds as well that still struggle with many normal modes, so that was not the discussion here...

Anyways back on topic:
    Before getting Gao'Rei I used the two claws as weapon set and got better results by using the staff.
    It may be personal performance or just those lucky days that I didn't have before. That's why I was asking the question

10+ Year Old Account
    of course there are, but there are raiding guilds as well that still struggle with many normal modes, so that was not the discussion here...
    I was teasing you. I guess it came off the wrong way. Sorry - didn't mean to come off that way Those guilds are an exception - not a rule.

Anyways back on topic:
    Before getting Gao'Rei I used the two claws as weapon set and got better results by using the staff.
    It may be personal performance or just those lucky days that I didn't have before. That's why I was asking the question
    So are you saying you already have 2 claws? I'm not sure if I'm understanding this - you initially state you won't have access to Claws for some time, but are now saying that you previously used Claws?

Claws as in fist weapons looking like claws, I already wrote in my first post that I have two Gara'kal claws...

Should have clarified that sorry ,)

I hate to hijack the thread, but why make a new one when i have a question somewhat the same.
    My guild just started up, we all just recently came back to the game.
    I have a Gao'Rei normal upgraded 2 times with a gem. And i just got a Claws of Shek'zeer and own a Gara'kal already, both from normals.
    My question is, is it going to be a large enough DPS upgrade to pay the 10k to get a new gem for my Claw and use the two 1h, or is the upgraded 2h w/ gem a better choice until I get my 1hs upgraded or get Heroic 1hs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraeblood View Post
    I hate to hijack the thread, but why make a new one when i have a question somewhat the same.
    My guild just started up, we all just recently came back to the game.
    I have a Gao'Rei normal upgraded 2 times with a gem. And i just got a Claws of Shek'zeer and own a Gara'kal already, both from normals.
    My question is, is it going to be a large enough DPS upgrade to pay the 10k to get a new gem for my Claw and use the two 1h, or is the upgraded 2h w/ gem a better choice until I get my 1hs upgraded or get Heroic 1hs?
    Go DW and invest in the Claws - it'll take you 1.5 weeks to get enough VP to fully upgrade just the MH, which is the most important (the OH can stay 496 until you have the VP to also upgrade it, and even with a 504MH/496 OH you should do better numbers than with the 2H - just be aware you may need to reforge into more haste, it seems that 4-5K is more comfortable for DW, but that's personal preference). Enjoy topping meters.

15+ Year Old Account

You can't be far enough into heroics to make not clearing all 16/16 normals a waste of time, that's just idiotic to not clear everything for any upgrades no matter how few. I hate doing heroic MSV every week but there is still 2 peices my raid needs from there so I suffer the hour it takes to clear.