Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i would put a D14 on a stock CPU, in fact i built a server with dual H80s,

a "that'll do" attitude goes nowhere
    I was being reasonable. If you are in the 4.2-4.4 range a hyper 212+/evo is more than enough heatsink, like i said an overnight run of prime 95 for me netted a max of 58c.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I was being reasonable. If you are in the 4.2-4.4 range a hyper 212+/evo is more than enough heatsink, like i said an overnight run of prime 95 for me netted a max of 58c.
    im not saying it's not good enough, it's a fine cooler, but simply settling with what works does not drive advancement, this applies to any field or subject though

10+ Year Old Account
    i want to get one for my rig, simply because even though the D14 is amazing, it's plain ugly, along with their 1200W PSU, to replace the noisy ax1200, but they dont seem to have any american distributors
    The aesthetics and build quality is the best i've seen so far. The C1 only had 2 issues, both adressed in the newer models like the DR2. The horrendous backplate installation (think of having to drill holes into it to get it to mount properly on the motherboard), and the rubber mounts it originally came with. They dried up and snapped after 6months, luckily i have a sidepanel and noticed the fan hanging loose xD Now they use proper metal brackets though, and said they improved the backplate.

How could the you possibly think the NH-D14 is ugly? I'm hurt.
    But as for Be Quiet!, they really are fantastic. I've had the pleasure of building a rig with their latest 750w PSU, it is extra-ordinary. I will definitely use one next time around.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    How could the you possibly think the NH-D14 is ugly? I'm hurt.
    But as for Be Quiet!, they really are fantastic. I've had the pleasure of building a rig with their latest 750w PSU, it is extra-ordinary. I will definitely use one next time around.
    The NH-D14 is beautiful, it just sticks out like a sore thumb with most other hardware.
    Also which Be Quiet! PSU was that? I'm looking for a new PSU for my rig.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    The NH-D14 is beautiful, it just sticks out like a sore thumb with most other hardware.
    this,

sitting by itself it's an amazing piece of art and engineering

however, the minute you put it next to other hardware, it turns to ugly duckling

Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    I like it. I also find the Noctua fans beautiful. I'm not claiming they match anything else, but I find them beautiful.

http://www.sweclockers.com/recension...k-power-pro-10 The exact unit of the 750w used in this test. (I know some people )

10+ Year Old Account
    however, the minute you put it next to other hardware, it turns to ugly duckling
    Which is not the case for the BQ's.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/1c27b5232521993
    http://www.imagebam.com/image/fad113232522000

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I like it. I also find the Noctua fans beautiful. I'm not claiming they match anything else, but I find them beautiful.

http://www.sweclockers.com/recension...k-power-pro-10 The exact unit of the 750w used in this test. (I know some people )
    Those were a bit too expensive, like 500SEK more than a 650W NZXT Hale 90, Corsair HX v2, EVGA Supernova and Seasonic G series.

Is there any hardware at all that even slightly matches Noctuas colo scheme except for maybe the PCI-E slots on some Sabretooth motherboards?
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450