Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The stuff related to achivements and more importantly dailies, is really juicy. That would definatly incentivize me to log on to complete the dailes, especially now that they will vary a bit compared to what we have now.

My reaction to all of this?

I'm hoping the live story lines are included in the monthly patches. It's been the pattern so far at least, Halloween in October, Lost Shores in November, Wintersday in December.

Deleted
    Spvp, copy paste of same old.
    We are just waiting for it to happen, being way long now.
    Well, february it is... lets see if they can put talk into action

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Spvp, copy paste of same old.
    We are just waiting for it to happen, being way long now.
    Well, february it is... lets see if they can put talk into action
    "We really value the eSport community and we're working on making that happen over the coming months"

...haven't they been repeating that ad nauseum since closed beta?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Well, it looks alright. I really expected them to address the problems with the loot in the open world but I guess they will just stay silent about this. Don't know if I'm sad or mad about this. Still looks good though, we will see how they will deliver.

Deleted
    kelesti you mad somehow?

sry but you are moderator - how you can post over and over like some "wowfanboy bashing a game" - how bout being constructive and not spam and care about YOUR forumrules?

have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    kelesti you mad somehow?

sry but you are moderator - how you can post over and over like some "wowfanboy bashing a game" - how bout being constructive and not spam and care about YOUR forumrules?

have a nice day
    There is a difference between Wow fanboy bashing and stating what Anet says generically.

Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    kelesti you mad somehow?

have a nice day

He isnt game bashing, he's stating facts. Anet has been saying the same thing over and over for months "we want to do this."

Guesting feature, for example, was supposed to be in at release. It wasnt, and many WvW players quit because of it (free transfers). Priestage path will be a nice addition..... but a little too late now to be honest, as any hardcore Wvw/RvR player has already decided on giving ESO a try.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by woodydave44 View Post
    He isnt game bashing, he's stating facts. Anet has been saying the same thing over and over for months "we want to do this."

Guesting feature, for example, was supposed to be in at release. It wasnt, and many WvW players quit because of it (free transfers). Priestage path will be a nice addition..... but a little too late now to be honest, as any hardcore Wvw/RvR player has already decided on giving ESO a try.
    While I agree with you comments, ESO wont be released anytime soon, I doubt it has a release date.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    "We really value the eSport community and we're working on making that happen over the coming months"

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Kel. Look at League of Legends, it took them a couple years to get the eSports thing rolling and look how well they are doing now with over 12 million people a day logging in.

It's a huge undertaking to launch a new MMO. I'm glad they are taking the time on the eSports end of things to tweak balance and work through any bugs left and make sure it's done RIGHT rather than caving to people clamoring for it now.

It'll happen. In the meantime we get to play with all the professions and experiment with all the builds and counters and maps.

The game hasn't even been out 5 months. Don't stress
    Valar morghulis

ESO? Elder Scrolls? So you are going to go a year to two years without playing anything?

Deleted

Not to rain on your parade put most likely ESO will be a "hardcore" player's worst nightmare. While those guys have a record of great games, they also have a track record of game breaking mechanics, massive imbalance, tons of bugs...and this spread over all of their games.

I'm not saying it won't be a great game, because that would be speculation, just saying that based on all of their passed games it probably won't be for the "hardcore crowd" as you call them.

Hardcore play or design doesn't have a lot to do with game imbalance, bugs or game breaking mechanics. Several of the most widely recognized hardcore MMOs were rife with bugs, imbalances and so on. They still are- to this day.

It is pretty unlikely that "hardcore players" [which is different from hardcore game design] of RvR are a significant portion of the MMO market to matter at all. That legion fizzled out years ago. Most of the market currently are "new MMO" players, post-Warcraft. Those players are in the overwhelming majority, casual play orientated.

If you are a hardcore pvp player, you don't really play mmorpg's for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    If you are a hardcore pvp player, you don't really play mmorpg's for that.
    Oh I dunno. Might depend on the game, tbh.

There is symmetrical and asymmetrical PVP to be had in a variety of games. I mean we really wouldn't say a CS player is the lesser of a Starcraft PVP player. One wouldn't be supreme over the other by matter of style.

I do agree with what you are suggesting in that PVP is ill suited to the MMORPG genre. However, I do think GW1 and 2 come pretty darn close to offering respectable PVP game modes on par with other PVP exclusive titles.

Yep, and when the facts don't align with "Anet is the bestest evar" the white knights come out in force to protect their preciousssss.

Logic, reason and objectivity be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Not to rain on your parade put most likely ESO will be a "hardcore" player's worst nightmare. While those guys have a record of great games, they also have a track record of game breaking mechanics, massive imbalance, tons of bugs...and this spread over all of their games.

I'm not saying it won't be a great game, because that would be speculation, just saying that based on all of their passed games it probably won't be for the "hardcore crowd" as you call them.
    ESO isnt being made by Bethesda.

ESO? Elder Scrolls? So you are going to go a year to two years without playing anything?
    I was unaware that GW2 was the only video game in existence.

10+ Year Old Account

Queue for EB on Sanctum of Rall at 10:30 am on a Wednesday morning, you hardcore-ers are terribly, horribly missed <3
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-01-16 at 07:09 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post

Seeing as how the Esports systems were not ready in beta, were not ready at release, are not ready now but will soon be ready, I can see how they would keep repeating themselves because that is in fact what they are doing. Working hard to build an Esport part of their game, and it wasnt polished enough to be released. So when ppl ask when are you releasing the Esports systems all they can say is that they are still working on them. What else would you have them say?
    "Oh no, We are not actually working on those systems at all, They arent working properly so we decided we will just roll it out with tons of bugs as an unfinished product in the coming months."

Yea that goes over real well with the community. Id rather them say the same thing for months, which means they are working on it and that there are problems with it that need to be fixed. Rather than them shove it all out at release when its not ready only to have them try and patchwork fix it after launch.