Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Are you secretly asking for shorts and flip-flops, Durzlla?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    heh. tera has some well done armor like that but stuff like that doesn't seem right in a fantasy game, perhaps in the sims games or second life
    I don't see why not. There's already that Dredge armor that looks like it has rockets on the back, but shorts are weird? O_o Since it is a fantasy game (with plant and cat people no less) theoretically the theme should be anything goes. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I don't see why not. There's already that Dredge armor that looks like it has rockets on the back, but shorts are weird? O_o Since it is a fantasy game (with plant and cat people no less) theoretically the theme should be anything goes. :P
    Well I never said all of the armor in GW2 fit the criteria (for me) either.

Personally my armor preferences are more toward the Skyrim look rather than high fantasy

skyrim has some of the most useless armor I've seen. I think only WoW tops it (daedric armor, isn't even close to realistic) granted it's better than previous TES games.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well I never said all of the armor in GW2 fit the criteria (for me) either.

Personally my armor preferences are more toward the Skyrim look rather than high fantasy
    Most of Kryta is humid, dense and muggy swamp. Maguma is 90% jungle, lol.

Realistically people would have developed shorts and skirts just as readily as :

;D

well i'm really referring to the tera armor when talking about high fantasy, some of it was rather strange. GW2's armor seems about in the middle

Oh, that set. It even looks fabulous on males. Too bad I don't see it more often. Seems like 8/10 female clothies go for the "let me draw an outline of your reproductive organs" Winged set.

i have to say, colin is the biggest mmo douche this side of the universe. watching that manifesto should be the new drinking game. down a shot when something pops up when it isnt true. you'd be drunk by about the middle of the vid.

what i WANT to know, is how gw2 would have been had the other 2 founding members stayed. because the radical difference in quality, sincerity and ethics is like night and day with gw1 and gw2.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    i have to say, colin is the biggest mmo douche this side of the universe. watching that manifesto should be the new drinking game. down a shot when something pops up when it isnt true. you'd be drunk by about the middle of the vid.

what i WANT to know, is how gw2 would have been had the other 2 founding members stayed. because the radical difference in quality, sincerity and ethics is like night and day with gw1 and gw2.
    Awww I agree with you on a lot of things Retro, but don't hate on Colin. Granted, the manifesto is the biggest load of PR bullshit I've ever seen (and that would indeed be a fun drinking game). If anyone on that team can still be respected it's Colin, he's legitimately passionate about the game and isn't the person responsible for 90% of GW2's problems. And dat trollface smile, man. But yeah, would very much like to see the alternate universe where GW2 actually reflected GW1. (inb4 trollololool dey r 2 diffrant gamez br0)
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2013-01-24 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Are you secretly asking for shorts and flip-flops, Durzlla?
    Flip flops? Maybe as a sort of town clothes but you can't fight in those things, I know I've tried!!

However I would enjoy a barefoot option + shorts for some of those really warm areas....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    That's how'd expect a waitress at a grill diner to wear.

Yeah but then she throws a fireball in your face. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Flip flops? Maybe as a sort of town clothes but you can't fight in those things, I know I've tried!!

However I would enjoy a barefoot option + shorts for some of those really warm areas....
    How about swimming town-clothes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    How about swimming town-clothes?
    Well, i normally just go the more fun way and take all the clothes -off- but i suppose that'd work too xD.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Tera had the best shoes I have seen in any video game ever.

the perfect shoesimulator out there

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Awww I agree with you on a lot of things Retro, but don't hate on Colin. Granted, the manifesto is the biggest load of PR bullshit I've ever seen (and that would indeed be a fun drinking game). If anyone on that team can still be respected it's Colin, he's legitimately passionate about the game and isn't the person responsible for 90% of GW2's problems. And dat trollface smile, man. But yeah, would very much like to see the alternate universe where GW2 actually reflected GW1. (inb4 trollololool dey r 2 diffrant gamez br0)
    who is responsible though? i say its pretty obvious that 2 of the 3 founding members left because someone over at arenanet decided to forget their roots and try and muscle in on WoW's territory.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    who is responsible though? i say its pretty obvious that 2 of the 3 founding members left because someone over at arenanet decided to forget their roots and try and muscle in on WoW's territory.
    Or because they were there for a number of years and felt it was time to work on other projects? It's pretty common for that to happen at most mid-sized studios.