Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

January 2013: Flame and Frost Prelude

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...s/january-2013

The sky falls and the ground shakes in the lands of the north. Charr and norn refugees crawl from the wreckage of their homes in the Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau, struggling to find shelter in the south. The call goes out for volunteers to assist the victims in this time of need, when earth and sky seem to have become the enemy…

Flame and Frost: Prelude is the prologue to a multi-stage narrative that will bring big changes to Guild Wars 2 in the months to come.

Oh, and baby Quaggan backpack!
    Valar morghulis

We’re making a ton of other improvements to the game this month, such as enhanced performance in WvW, adjustments to side-kicking balancing, and UI improvements, which will be detailed in our release notes.
    Need details naaaaooooooooo

Hmmm Flame and Frost eh? Primordus and Jormag? Or maybe I'm overthinking it and it's just more Flame Legion. Svanir Legion. Flame Sons of Svanir... or something.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2013-01-22 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    I'll probably login and test this a couple of times:

"From January 28—February 4 the regular eight-team/three-round paid tournaments will be replaced by two-team/single-round paid tournaments in the Temple of the Silent Storm map. After the week is over, we’ll add Temple of the Silent Storm to the regular rotation of both free and paid tournaments."

Prelude?

So much for an expansions worth of content in 2 months.

Quaggon backpack is probably another town clothing :/

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Prelude?

So much for an expansions worth of content in 2 months.
    Originally they said Jan and Feb, but later they corrected the timeframe to Feb and March...someone else can find the respective quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Originally they said Jan and Feb, but later they corrected the timeframe to Feb and March...someone else can find the respective quotes.
    And then it is going to be april and may when march hits and feb only had a 3 day one time event where the island becomes useless and theres nothing to do on the island.

See where this is going?

They say a bunch of crap about adding DE to dead areas then make a new area in the patch which oh looks.. turns into a dead area and claim it was an expansions worth of content... you know for the 3 days the one time event was active.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-01-22 at 03:35 PM.

And then it is going to be april and may when march hits and feb only had a 3 day one time event where the island becomes useless and theres nothing to do on the island.

See where this is going?
    Yes, I see that you're making a big deal out of nothing. Considering they likely were out of the office for about a week due to the holidays, it makes sense that their first patch of the year would be smaller than originally planned; plus, it allows them more time to get things working that might not have been working as intended. Now, of course, if you're right (which I doubt) then you'll have cause to bitch, and won't be alone, but until then, it's unnecessary. Mountains and molehills, as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Interesting narrative. I wonder if it means they are 1) either going to be opening up a couple of new areas (the Far Shiverpeaks and Crystal Dessert) or 2) release content over the next year to eventually lead up to an expansion that opens those two areas at the end of this year.

Let the bitching commence!
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-01-22 at 03:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Interesting narrative. I wonder if it means they are 1) either going to be opening up a couple of new areas (the Far Shiverpeaks and Crystal Dessert) or 2) release content over the next year to eventually lead up to an expansion that opens those two areas at the end of this year.

In a recent post, Colin stated that we would not see new areas open up for the first part of this year so I wouldn't look for that right away.

But the story leading there should be exciting!
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmmm, I'm intrigued... We shall see how this goes!

And why the fuck does everyone seem to think game developers are should be hackled to their desks and forced to work through the holidays instead of being on break like the rest of us?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Because developers are the Harbinger of Doom and are inherently evil. I once heard that expansions are scheduled to be realeased on the Solstice to increase the effect of the kitten sacrifices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please oh god please get a bit more performance fixes, 30 fps due to not having SSD is mindboggling.

Guys remember when they said that events could change the world? (example Mad king destroying the fountain in the middle of Lions arch) Im pretty sure the Wayfarer Foothills and Diessa Plateau are about to undergo some major changes. If you look at Wayfarer Foothills the Svanir have one big encampment in the north. I would expect them to extend their territory further south. And i expect the flame legion to do similar things in Diessa.

Similar to how WoW did the molten front dailies i can see Guild Wars 2 expanding the stories of each zone in a similar progressive manner. I wouldnt expect much after the patch but come Feb, March i think the Sons of Svanir and the Flame leigion will be making big pushes into Charr and Norn Territories.

That or it could also be Jormag from the sky and primordious from the earth but i doubt that as i think primordius is over near asura territory but i could be wrong.

Pretty excited for this. I like it very much. Got this sense of adventure when i read about the refugees and etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking foward to the Laurels system, will definately keep me busy for some time, now that i can get Ascended gear with it. Kinda not into dungeons atm.

Confirmed no new dragons, cantha, or mounts.

Let there be FIRE

Confirmed no new dragons, cantha, or mounts.

Let there be FIRE
    People were expecting dragons, cantha and mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    first I've heard of people expecting those as well

Really Flame and Frost...make that subliminal message money off those fantasy nerd. ie...fire and ice...ie most popular fantasy tv show (decently popular book series, but who read books right)...Game of Thrones...good choice for an expansion title

Still I hope it rocks GW2 and Arena.net have done a good job carving out a spot for themselves in the MMO market.
    Last edited by Zoldor; 2013-01-22 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Because of the concept art of an asian man riding a horse. Also people thinking fire and ice is the war between the 2 dragons.