Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How will Sha-touched weapons compare with 5.2 raid weapons?

With the Sha-touched weapons, we obviously get a major primary stat boost from them with the legendary gem, but will they remain useful once weapons from Throne of Thunder are released?

I am seeing two problems with the way that the legendary quest line has happened as we move forward:

1. If our sha-touched weapons remain more powerful than the new 5.2 weapons, then the major downside is basically eliminating the usefulness of what is generally considered to be one of the most important items: the weapon. Having no incentive to look for a weapon from 5.2 because the sha-touched weapon is better would be poor design choice in my opinion.

2. If the 5.2 weapons are more powerful and generally more useful than the sha-touched weapons, it renders all of our efforts on the legendary questline useless, save of course for the simple progression of the questline to get the newest upgrade. All of the players that spent 10,000 gold on a new gem or a new socket would see their purchases become useless, which would be painful to say the least.

The only possible solution I can see which rectifies both issues is to have some weapons in 5.2 sha-touched as well, or at least accept the sha gems. That way, we could get newer, more powerful weapons, still feel like our efforts were worth it, and retain the bonuses from those gems as well.

Thoughts on this issue?

These are the beginning of the legendary weapons. Sha touched weapons are the weapons you will be using for the rest of the expansion.

I severely doubt Blizzard intend you to be using the Sha-touched weapons for the whole expansion and I do not think they will be upgraded any further (hence why the quest reward in 5.2 is a Meta-gem for your head). It's likely that 5.2 raid weapons will out-perform them, although it is possible that some 5.2 weapons will accept the Sha-touched gems.

They won't become Legendary weapons, they aren't the focus of the legendary quest - they are merely one-time bonuses you get on the way to completing the questline.

I can't imagine us getting any more Sha-touched weapons, seeing as though that would cost us almost 20k for the gem and meta socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Thehealbus View Post
    I can't imagine us getting any more Sha-touched weapons, seeing as though that would cost us almost 20k for the gem and meta socket.
    12k = almost 20k?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I severely doubt Blizzard intend you to be using the Sha-touched weapons for the whole expansion and I do not think they will be upgraded any further (hence why the quest reward in 5.2 is a Meta-gem for your head). It's likely that 5.2 raid weapons will out-perform them, although it is possible that some 5.2 weapons will accept the Sha-touched gems.

They won't become Legendary weapons, they aren't the focus of the legendary quest - they are merely one-time bonuses you get on the way to completing the questline.
    Basically this.

The 5.0/5.1 legendary items themselves don't necessarily have to stay relevant throughout the rest of the expansion. They may very well be just intended bonuses to strive for throughout the duration of T14.

Just because something is orange, it doesn't mean it has to be useful and relevant for the remainder of an expansion. We've seen this with plenty of the old legendaries. In most cases a legendary typically lasts 1-1.5 tiers.

Hopefully Wrathion has a pet Sha who will touch new weapons for us.
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    s. In most cases a legendary typically lasts 1-1.5 tiers.
    well tarecgosa lasted 2 tiers :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    I hope so as well I don't wanna use a 2h axe again Luckily the rules for xmog are being lifted!

maybe the new weapon reforge thing can forge sha touch weapon ontop of the weapons in 5.2 raid.

since there hasnt been any info about the new weapon reforge thing im just putting my tin foil hat on
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by vamonos View Post
    well tarecgosa lasted 2 tiers :P
    technically one tier, atleast on my shit realm where most tarecgosa's weren't formed till about 2 months before DS

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    technically one tier, atleast on my shit realm where most tarecgosa's weren't formed till about 2 months before DS
    well ye i got mine finally like a month before mop cos i was the last in guild to get the q items :P, but it was possible to get not so far into firelands

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pandarus View Post
    These are the beginning of the legendary weapons. Sha touched weapons are the weapons you will be using for the rest of the expansion.
    I doubt this.

Otherwise clearing t14 HoF will be necessary while doing ToT HC progression. 7 people who still need the HC mace.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamari View Post
    Somewhere in an Azerothian police station:

"Show us using this doll, where the nasty Sha touched you....."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    Just because something is orange, it doesn't mean it has to be useful and relevant for the remainder of an expansion. We've seen this with plenty of the old legendaries. In most cases a legendary typically lasts 1-1.5 tiers.
    Thunderfury, BiS tanking weapon even in TBC untill it got nerfed
    Warglaives, BiS for Sunwell for some classes
    Val'anyr, BiS in ICC
    Tarecgosa, BiS with the exception of 1-2 weapons you get after progression is done.

Raggy mace I'm not sure.
    Sunwell bow, Shadowmourne and Daggers of the Father were all given in the last tier and realisticly couldn't produce enough of a dps boost to be worth it.

1-1.5 tiers sounds right.. <.<

OT: Doubt we'll get Sha-touched weapons in 5.2, just doesn't make sense lore-wise.

Deleted
    Looking at it from an int caster point of view: even right now the protector heroic elite dagger is pretty much identical to the mace with the legendary gem+extra socket.

Don't think that your sha-touched weapon is irreplaceable.

It will simple be stored in your bank till the next quest that will join all together (head + sha touched w/ gem). While this doesn't happen, 5.2 weapon will fill this gap.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    12k = almost 20k?
    Isn't that price cheaper with guild perks too ?

You can't just say "well XYZ legendary was good through whatever expansion". Those were wielded by a few people in a guild.

Everyone has sha touched weapons, so it would be a bit more strange to run with them the whole expansion. Bosses won't drop weapons anymore?

Either we get rid of them for newer weapons, newer Wrathion related weapons, or we stick with the current ones throughout. All 3 seem to have some annoying drawbacks.

Deleted
    i wouldnt be suprised too see sha touched weapons in ToT, especially considering the mogu of old harnassed the power of the Sha too strenghten themself.
    which is made clear in the 5.1 quest line.

if they made the divine bell through this it wouldnt be too weird too consider they made more normal type of weapons who are sha-touched (empowered what ever.. )