Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    They just posted a news article about it.
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    01.15.2013
    Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!



    Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon to The Old Republic™, allowing players to experience brand new in-game content, including a limited time event and an exciting new way to progress your character.
    • Explore the Planet Ilum to unveil a new Event, Relics of the Gree! A mysterious ancient Gree starship called “the Gray Secant” has appeared over Ilum’s Western Ice Shelf. Those who are brave enough will get the chance to help the Gree and face off against a powerful foe waiting in the heart of the Gree vessel. Republic and Imperial forces that finish this mission will earn exclusive Gree technology, including highly advanced weapon and armor appearances!
    • Advance your character with the new Galactic Reputation system! The Galactic Reputation system lets you earn Reputation points by completing missions for factions such as the Gree or the Voss, or for military divisions within the Republic and the Empire. This new system advances characters through six ranks of increasing prestige: “Outsider”, "Newcomer", "Friend", "Hero", "Champion", and "Legend". Galactic Reputation is also tied to a character’s Legacy, so Reputation points and ranks are shared across all the characters within the same Legacy!

    Visit the Game Updates Page for additional information and screenshots of the content coming to Game Update 1.7. As always, you can stay connected with Star Wars: The Old Republic through Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

    (Source)

  2. #22
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,226
    Just kidding, it has a magnified section at the bottom LINK

    All I see are titles and also a link in the top right that goes to something on the Cartel Market(looks like reputation boosts ). I definitely would not get my hopes up if I were a player right now.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-01-15 at 08:48 PM.

  3. #23
    I think the cartel market logo might be for f2p players to buy authorization to use the rep system with cartel coins, i would rather it be that then more boost tbh.

  4. #24
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    It's a possibility, but from what they've written it just seems that you'll get the titles from how they've worded it. Reputation points seem to be the requisite thing to grind for the titles, and the only thing they seem to reward is the titles. I'm hoping they're just being cautious and it will include more though. We'll see.
    I personally like titles but if that's the only reward I very much doubt many will partake in the grind. So many rewards they could add but I have a feeling that titles it is (for now). Also nice to see BW sticking to their content cycle. 6 weeks per content release (if 1.7 comes out before Feb that is).
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I actually don't see anywhere that they even mention titles. They said progress through 'ranks of increasing prestige" and then listed what those ranks are. So I'm not sure how you have that impression.
    I'm assuming those are title conferred to your legacy as you acquire them. Curious as to what else they will be including as a part of it though, as they don't mention any in-game benefits of being a given rank.

    redit: BUAHA! I appear to be right (left this open for a while and didn't see the new posts)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    I personally like titles but if that's the only reward I very much doubt many will partake in the grind. So many rewards they could add but I have a feeling that titles it is (for now). Also nice to see BW sticking to their content cycle. 6 weeks per content release (if 1.7 comes out before Feb that is).
    People will partake in the grind passively as it happens during normal gameplay, but it's an entirely pointless feature. It does nothing. All in all, if it really is just a series of titles this might be one of the most underwhelming content patches ever. Just a daily area and nothing else (the rank system hardly counts as anything worth mentioning).
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-01-15 at 09:19 PM.

  6. #26
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    6 weeks per content release (if 1.7 comes out before Feb that is).
    So it's justified to give an incomplete system, then release it to completion in a later content patch to satisfy their 6 weeks? How shitty is that? Even you must see the problem with that. Lol except when you have me on real or artificial ignore. Et tu, Brute?

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    . Just a daily area and nothing else (the rank system hardly counts as anything worth mentioning).
    They could have summed up the patch notes to say "We added 5 quests in a 'new' daily area and added 3 titles for your legacy to the game. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-01-15 at 09:29 PM.

  7. #27
    Bloodsail Admiral Jamos77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bestine
    Posts
    1,034
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    I'm assuming those are title conferred to your legacy as you acquire them. Curious as to what else they will be including as a part of it though, as they don't mention any in-game benefits of being a given rank.

    redit: BUAHA! I appear to be right (left this open for a while and didn't see the new posts)



    People will partake in the grind passively as it happens during normal gameplay, but it's an entirely pointless feature. It does nothing. All in all, if it really is just a series of titles this might be one of the most underwhelming content patches ever. Just a daily area and nothing else (the rank system hardly counts as anything worth mentioning).
    Ah I was under the impression you had to actively participate. IE for the Voss ranking you'd have to at least travel to Voss and select Voss missions. The Gree one seems to be linked soley to the event but I see what you mean about the Imperial Guard ranking (Belsavis).
    SWG - Jamus Divinus - Bria 2005-2011

    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Ah I was under the impression you had to actively participate. IE for the Voss ranking you'd have to at least travel to Voss and select Voss missions. The Gree one seems to be linked soley to the event but I see what you mean about the Imperial Guard ranking (Belsavis).
    Yeah, you'll have to take part in the dailies for the given faction from what I can tell, but the dailies don't seem to solely serve the reputations...especially when the only reward for the reputations is a title.

  9. #29
    1.7 would be free for subs and f2p both. They would add bundles on the Market to increase the speed of reputation earned. Adding Voss reputation is something really cool. I really like both the planet story and the race. Also, the gear looks sick. I know that some of you will say that is a reskin of IA Tier 1 but still. My Scoundrel is gonna glow!!
    Check my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kingofkalamos!!!
    Full with SWTOR and LoL!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    I know that some of you will say that is a reskin of IA Tier 1
    Well...is it? I mean, it either is or it isn't >.>

  11. #31
    No ETA for it yet?

    So I guess that means it's still over a year until it arrives.

    Wonder if they are lying on this too and they will end up charging for it...

  12. #32
    Titan Kelimbror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bear Taco, Left Hand of Death
    Posts
    14,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Wonder if they are lying on this too and they will end up charging for it...
    Wouldn't matter b/c the same 10 thousand people would fight tooth and nail how it is justified, spend their money on it, demand that everyone else spend their money on it, then spend even more money in the Cartel Market.

    Teaching the bad dog BiowarEA that biting the hand that feeds you will get you more treats! Pavlov is rolling in his grave.

  13. #33
    Any guess on how many coins it will cost F2P'ers?

    And no they didnt say it was going to be free for them. Thats just EA wording to make it look like it is.

  14. #34
    Epic! OneSent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Dreamland
    Posts
    1,710
    Not going to lie, the reputation system sounds pretty damn awesome!

    I was personally disappointed to find out there wasn't one when the game first launched, because I'm the kind of player who likes to max out all the reps and such. For me, it would be a HUGE time sink and that's what SWTOR needs more of. I also hope they finally fix the Codex, since it's been broken since launch.

    Regardless, these are the kind of updates we should have seen within the first year. It's exciting, has the potential to breath some life into world PvP and offers more than just instanced content. To be honest, if the game wasn't F2P, something like this would have most definitely brought me back. It's the first thing since release that has actually piqued my interest.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    Any guess on how many coins it will cost F2P'ers?

    And no they didnt say it was going to be free for them. Thats just EA wording to make it look like it is.
    1. Events are available to Free-to-Play Players and Subscribers at no additional cost. Visit the Free-to-Play Features Chart for more information. We can infer that that implies that free players will have access to the area with that event (which they already do), and will be able to partake in it. That's pulled directly from the update page.

    2. There was no charge for prior patches, nor any indication that they would charge for individual patches.

    Granted we don't have any word on free player access to the new rep system, but I would be super surprised if they did charge it.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post

    2. There was no charge for prior patches, nor any indication that they would charge for individual patches.
    Makeb was supposed to be a free content patch. They just changed their wording to "expansion", delayed it by a year, then decided to slap on a pricetag.

  17. #37
    Herald of the Titans inboundpaper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Close to San Fransisco, CA
    Posts
    2,855
    Well, looks like I do need to get those last 8 levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Sadly, with those actors... the "XXX Adaptation" should really be called 50 shades of watch a different porno.
    Stereotypes
    Destiny

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    Makeb was supposed to be a free content patch. They just changed their wording to "expansion", delayed it by a year, then decided to slap on a pricetag.
    Indeed, they indicated that Makeb was supposed to be a free content patch for subscribers. However they never assigned a number to it. 1.7 has an assigned number and is on the PTR, just as 1.6 was (which was also free by the way).

    There is plenty to criticize with the game and BioWares handling of it without resorting to exaggeration, so let's not do it : /

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Well...is it? I mean, it either is or it isn't >.>
    Let's say that is a better skin of that tier :P
    Check my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kingofkalamos!!!
    Full with SWTOR and LoL!

  20. #40
    Over 9000! Baar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    9,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Wouldn't matter b/c the same 10 thousand people would fight tooth and nail how it is justified, spend their money on it, demand that everyone else spend their money on it, then spend even more money in the Cartel Market.

    Teaching the bad dog BiowarEA that biting the hand that feeds you will get you more treats! Pavlov is rolling in his grave.

    Can you show me one post in this section where someone said you had to spend your money on it?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •