Thread: 5.2 UA Locks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spektroman View Post
    1) Survivability as affliction is going up. Do you mean we need more than the drain life glyph and demon armor buffs? I
    In the current, bursty metagame? Yes.

Demon armor loses it's armor, so it's not really a buff against melee - who are arguably a bigger problem then casters atm.
    Drain life glyph only helps us when we're draining, which after blizzard gimped all of our dot damage by baking it into MG, isn't something we can be using as filler - and when you're being focused it's both interuptable and not enough to compensate for the damage you'll be taking unless you've got all your major CDs being blown, which isn't where we have problems - we have problems outside of our major defensive CDs, not during them.

I'm frankly half believing affliction is just badly designed for pvp from the get-go, the unnecesary affliction revamp that came in MOP has just caused it to play awkwardly from a conceptual level.

DOT damage being baked into MG is horrible for a variety of reasons.
    Likewise a large portion of our damage is baked into Haunt, which eats up an already limited SS supply that prevents us using it for utility, be that instant dot application (which with the rate they're dispelled, is often needed), or simple things like SB:Portal.
    We finally got the on-demand defensive CDs we wanted, but they were given to us instead of our passive defensive, not in addition to. The end result being that we've got the on demand survivability we needed when being focused, but once it's gone we're up a certain creek without a paddle. Not quite affliction exclusive, but we did have a greater amount of DL time than the others.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-01-16 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    Even if our survivability and/or damage would go up, I still hate the whole soulburn+soul swap thing. And haunt should not cost shards. Soul shards should be used for situational stuff like the demonic portal sprint, improved healthstone or for improving curses. That sort of thing.

-Remove the soulburn+soul swap combo. I really would like to see more of my casting bar.
    -Remove the shard cost of haunt.
    -Give us shadowflame back.
    -Give us some tankyness back.
    -Let PvP power increase our dot damage a bit to make up for us having to cast again.
    -Free us from having to deal with demonic gateway in arenas. I don't know if it has actually ever worked for either of my teammates. (Not that I have played much this season).

There's just so much I don't like about warlocks right now. I'll most definately be playing a lot more shadowpriest next season if there aren't some big changes to come.

Edit: Warlocks being able to cast while running is another thing I don't like!
    I read this and got super sad because it'll probably never happen.

Damn you!

I don't really pvp, but reading your thread lit a lightbulb over my head about how to help warlock survivability thats not overpowered.

Give us a spell that lets us and our equipped demon swap models.

So when the door opens, people may be aware that the lock needs to die first, but you dont know if the lock is the pet or if the pet is the lock. you are still in control and all spell effects come from the player model, but until the pet dies, they dont know which one is the one they need to focus. The player model movement could be controlled with the same pet buttons...have it tag along, sit it in the back or tell it to move to a certain spot. Adds a lot of strategy options...

That kind of illusion seems more like a shadow priest ability lore-wise to be honest. But still a cool concept.