Curse client not updating DBM?

I have the old curse client and it's showing DBM 7.3.7 as the most recent version when 7.3.12 has been uploaded to curseforge. I've tried refreshing the client and restarting it. Is it not being supported any more, or has anyone else experienced this issue?

https://i.imgur.com/aeWmkuN.png

10+ Year Old Account
    sometime around mid november Curse changed their servers. the old Client stopped working as a result, or rather, doesn't have any versions newer than those around when the server changed.

If I get the twitch app and install all of those addons will my addon settings remain? (weak auras, DBM, Vuhdo profiles, bartender profiles, etc.)

You don't need to do anything. When you install Twitch, it will scan your addons and update them normally. Your WTF folder should be untouched, which is where all your settings are. Just in case, you should copy your WTF folder somewhere else on your computer before installing Twitch.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by griff112 View Post
    If I get the twitch app and install all of those addons will my addon settings remain? (weak auras, DBM, Vuhdo profiles, bartender profiles, etc.)
    yes, it will take over all your addons and settings.
    You should take some time to go through all the various settings of the client though.. it does a lot of stuff besides the addons that may or may not be wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by isi View Post
    yes, it will take over all your addons and settings.
    You should take some time to go through all the various settings of the client though.. it does a lot of stuff besides the addons that may or may not be wanted.
    No, it won't do anything. Installing Twitch new will not touch your addon settings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    No, it won't do anything. Installing Twitch new will not touch your addon settings.
    wasn't referring to it doing anything with addons but all the twitch stuff besides it's addon update functionality

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the old client even working?

Mine stopped working exactly one week after Twitch took over..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Is the old client even working?

Mine stopped working exactly one week after Twitch took over..
    No, it isn't. That was intentional. Curse/Twitch servers actively ignore requests from the old client. It's essentially DRM that forces you to use the Twitch client.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it isn't. That was intentional. Curse/Twitch servers actively ignore requests from the old client. It's essentially DRM that forces you to use the Twitch client.
    Well... Actively denying request is not exactly the same as "stopped working".. What you describe, is that the program works, but server refuse..

My old client, cannot launch at all. It happened one week after Twitch took over, on two machines..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Well... Actively denying request is not exactly the same as "stopped working".. What you describe, is that the program works, but server refuse..

My old client, cannot launch at all. It happened one week after Twitch took over, on two machines..
    Correct, it cannot launch at all. The client requests an update from the server every launch. That request is being refused and the client does not start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Correct, it cannot launch at all. The client requests an update from the server every launch. That request is being refused and the client does not start.
    No, it complain about dot.net 3.51...

You don't need to do anything. When you install Twitch, it will scan your addons and update them normally. Your WTF folder should be untouched, which is where all your settings are. Just in case, you should copy your WTF folder somewhere else on your computer before installing Twitch.
    Thank you, I had no idea what was wrong. Fixed

the client loads fine for me, reports no issues and when I check for updates it says there aren't any. the only clue of anything off at all is that no addons have updates available for a couple of weeks now

is there any way to redirect the client to the new servers without having to download twitch? seems pretty stupid to have to download a streaming program in order to install addons when I've zero interest in streaming

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    the client loads fine for me, reports no issues and when I check for updates it says there aren't any. the only clue of anything off at all is that no addons have updates available for a couple of weeks now

is there any way to redirect the client to the new servers without having to download twitch? seems pretty stupid to have to download a streaming program in order to install addons when I've zero interest in streaming
    Then consider the Minion client for Wowinterface, or a repository where you can use a client such as Git.
    Other than that, no.
    Seems more stubborn than anything, refusing to use the new client.
    Everyone will have different experiences, but mine overall have been good with the new client.

Appears petty because of features you won't use, when the battle.net client has streaming, voice chat, social media functionality, and the vast amount of content in WoW I bet many players don't participate in.

Simply redirecting isn't even likely to work, because there are going to be such things as version checks.
    And quite possibly fundamental changes to how it communicates.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2018-01-01 at 12:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.